Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights not showing up

Morning all,

Fr24 works great most of the time. I live near Boston and know when flights are taking off on my runway and going over me. Inspires me to pull up FR24. Most of the time I can see what's overhead. Once in a while FR shows no flights over me at all. Went on-line and the Fr24.com will also show no planes taking off. (but there are landings and cross-country flights on the radar)

That mean one of the reporting stations is acting up? bug in FR24?
    Last edited by johnmcboston; 2014-08-10, 16:55.

Originally posted by johnmcboston View Post
    Morning all,

Fr24 works great most of the time. I leave near Boston and know when flights are taking off on my runway and going over me. Inspires me to pull up FR24. Most of the time I can see what's overhead. Once in a while FR shows no flights over me at all. Went on-line and the Fr24.com will also show no planes taking off. (but there are landings and cross-country flights on the radar)

That mean one of the reporting stations is acting up? bug in FR24?
    Many plans don't have full ads-b transponders - then the position has to be calculated by the difference in time their basic transponder signals take to reach multiple receivers (at least four) - this is called multilateration. The signals are line of sight anyway and seeing them on the ground is awkward sometimes even if they have full transponders.

see 'read this first' at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
      Many plans don't have full ads-b transponders - then the position has to be calculated by the difference in time their basic transponder signals take to reach multiple receivers (at least four) - this is called multilateration. The signals are line of sight anyway and seeing them on the ground is awkward sometimes even if they have full transponders.

see 'read this first' at the top of the page.
      I understand that and had read the 'read me' materials first. Just seemed unusual that out of a dozen consecutive takeoffs, zero were tracked, while landings in the same area were tracking fine. Usually those takeoffs show up fine with, yes, only the occasional plane not having tracking available.

Comment

Working...
      X