X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layout bug - ground vehicles not visible

http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-kv2-not-visible.png
    http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-kv2-not-visible-2.png

If I were to take a stab, I would suggest they have been flagged with a new icon code, that's not appearing

See similar at Auckland, NZ when the new changes rollout started a few nights ago
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If I were to take a stab, I would suggest they have been flagged with a new icon code, that's not appearing

See similar at Auckland, NZ when the new changes rollout started a few nights ago
      Probably correct as I see there is a new icon for balloons - there's one over north Western Australia inland from Port Hedland at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
        Probably correct as I see there is a new icon for balloons - there's one over north Western Australia inland from Port Hedland at the moment.
        BUt a balloon would just need one icon, I presume people to have ground vehicles with icons that look a bit like what they are and also travelling in the right direction (though - thinkg about it - they spend most of their time stationary)

Comment

The new icons are visible now, but they are shit ugly and big.
          Why not make something similar as a helicopter, only using a car silhouette?

Comment

Beginning to get used to ground tanks!
            http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-gnd-vehicle...2014-08-11.png

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
              The new icons are visible now, but they are shit ugly and big.
              Why not make something similar as a helicopter, only using a car silhouette?
              Agree. These absurd icons just clutter the map at busy airports even more. I know a few people here like to watch ground vehicles - why I'm not sure as I thought the name of the game was watching planes - but how many users in the broader community would miss the bloody things if they just vanished or were represented as something tiny like the helicopter as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                Agree. These absurd icons just clutter the map at busy airports even more. I know a few people here like to watch ground vehicles - why I'm not sure as I thought the name of the game was watching planes - but how many users in the broader community would miss the bloody things if they just vanished or were represented as something tiny like the helicopter as you suggest.
                Watching planes...observing things aviation related. I don't know if you can separate them (One man's meat etc). I quite enjoy watching a 'ground tank' pushing an aircraft back, at the moment, anyway ;-) .
                Cheers, Dom. (YSSY7)

Comment

Perhaps we need a new app to go with FlightRadar24 - GroundRadar24

with icons for steps, tankers, fire trucks etc. - and a generic plane icon.

Comment

Working...
                  X