• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Took Screen SHot

RPVO1

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      Look for RP_C8618 that is the Popes escape flight from Tacloban. It is on the runway now. 13:07.

It is PAL not PAL Express.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete
      PAL8610 is the callsign the Pope is on transitioning northwest from north of Cebu. Expected arrival at NAIA/Villamore AFB in about an hour.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Comment

PAL8610 is the callsign the Pope is on transitioning northwest from north of Cebu. Expected arrival at NAIA/Villamore AFB in about an hour.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

Who is this PAL8010.

It pop from Tacloban Few minutes when it takes off. After that another plane around 20 mins PAL 8192
        RPVO1

Comment

Look for RP_C8618 that is the Popes escape flight from Tacloban. It is on the runway now. 13:07.

It is PAL not PAL Express.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          Thanks John. I saw RP-C8618. Because all flights landing on Runway 06 can be seen from my house
          Ice
          F-RPLL3

Comment

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete
            A chartered plane carrying Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa and three other Malacañang officials and staff members tasked to oversee the preparations for the visit of Pope Francis veered off the runway at the Daniel Romualdez Airport in Tacloban City on Saturday.

Plane in papal party skids off Tacloban runway

A Warning from God - to leaders inside the plane ?

Pope did said earlier to " End Corruptions " !

Starting his apostolic visit to the Philippines yesterday, Pope Francis demanded the country’s leaders end “scandalous social inequalities,” hitting out at corruption in a nation where tens of millions of Catholics endure brutal poverty.

Francis tells PH leaders: End corruption
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Track the Pope

Pope Francis is progressing toward home at the Vatican taking the Great Circle Route through China, Mongolia and south central Russia. He has been tracked by many FR24 receivers along the way

This route has been controversial since the shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines plane but hopefully since the Pope is a head of state, precautions will be taken by Russia and the Ukraine to ensure his safety.

With the busy schedule he had in Sri Lanka and here in the Philippines he is definitely not showing any signs of slowing down at 78.

Keep tracking PAL8010.

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete

Comment

Pope Francis is progressing toward home at the Vatican taking the Great Circle Route through China, Mongolia and south central Russia. He has been tracked by many FR24 receivers along the way

This route has been controversial since the shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines plane but hopefully since the Pope is a head of state, precautions will be taken by Russia and the Ukraine to ensure his safety.

With the busy schedule he had in Sri Lanka and here in the Philippines he is definitely not showing any signs of slowing down at 78.

Keep tracking PAL8010.

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete
                Did the Pope bless the plane before it took off ?
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Receiver Time-Out Saga Redux

Generally the new MLAT5 server in Singapore has been performing admirably.

Last week the software in our receivers was upgraded to a January build which allowed the programmers to test a PPTP scheme which attempts to correct the GPS Time with earth based NTP servers. GPS inherently has a 16 second time difference with UTC. Due to something, looking at the receiver log, caused the receiver time base to jump ahead 1 1/2 to 2 seconds. The NTP tier being used by the server would incrementally correct the GPS Time until there was another jump.

Connectivity problems for ADS-B continued but were not recorded in our logs. The server address for ADS-B and our receiver cache files that provide the stats for the stats page on FR24 did not change.

Having gathered enough PPTP data points our software was downgraded to the October build and we are at the same place with time-outs as before the lighting up the MLAT5 server.

One of the following days after the downgrade I had 30-40 disconnects to the ADS-B server. Today that number is 68 disconnects...so far. You may have noticed them also. The number of seconds for the receiver to reconnect results in a 20 to 30 minute gap in coverage reading and executing our cache files at the server.

Something beyond our control is happening and tech-support advised us additional features were being added to MLAT5. I am glad I didn't hold my breath. The October build sending the ADS-B through TelstraGlobal isn't working for Asia.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete
                  Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-01-22, 21:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by davaospotter View Post
                    Already sent a PM to my friend who is based in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I should get a reply by tomorrow.
                    Originally posted by davaospotter View Post
                    Good News!

My friend in Puerto Princesa, Palawan is willing to host an FR24.
                    Calling Davaospotter,

Hi there noticed you haven't been here for a while any chance for an update whether your friend at Palawan applied to host the FR24 kit? We really hope to have a feed from there... soon.
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-25, 06:32.

Comment

Generally the new MLAT5 server in Singapore has been performing admirably.

Last week the software in our receivers was upgraded to a January build which allowed the programmers to test a PPTP scheme which attempts to correct the GPS Time with earth based NTP servers. GPS inherently has a 16 second time difference with UTC. Due to something, looking at the receiver log, caused the receiver time base to jump ahead 1 1/2 to 2 seconds. The NTP tier being used by the server would incrementally correct the GPS Time until there was another jump.

Connectivity problems for ADS-B continued but were not recorded in our logs. The server address for ADS-B and our receiver cache files that provide the stats for the stats page on FR24 did not change.

Having gathered enough PPTP data points our software was downgraded to the October build and we are at the same place with time-outs as before the lighting up the MLAT5 server.

One of the following days after the downgrade I had 30-40 disconnects to the ADS-B server. Today that number is 68 disconnects...so far. You may have noticed them also. The number of seconds for the receiver to reconnect results in a 20 to 30 minute gap in coverage reading and executing our cache files at the server.

Something beyond our control is happening and tech-support advised us additional features were being added to MLAT5. I am glad I didn't hold my breath. The October build sending the ADS-B through TelstraGlobal isn't working for Asia.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete
                      Hi, Uncle John!

I have these 20-30min blackouts. See attached screenshot.... Mode-S in enabled now in my receiver, I noticed. Are these blackouts the ones you refer to? You have these same blackouts? I only have 4-6. You say you have over 50! Is it because your receiver calls MLAT servers more frequently than mine does? Or I am experiencing a different connectivity problem?

Gerry
                      F-RPVM2image.jpg

Comment

• Troubleshooting that Can Help Your Report to Support@FR24.com

Originally posted by gquejada View Post
                        Hi, Uncle John!

I have these 20-30min blackouts. See attached screenshot.... Mode-S in enabled now in my receiver, I noticed. Are these blackouts the ones you refer to? You have these same blackouts? I only have 4-6. You say you have over 50! Is it because your receiver calls MLAT servers more frequently than mine does? Or I am experiencing a different connectivity problem?

Gerry
                        F-RPVM2[ATTACH=CONFIG]5543[/ATTACH]
                        Gerry glad to see you are back from camping out at the Tacloban airport. wink.png

Bring up the FR24 receiver status page in your browser. Look to the middle of the page for the words Display Log. Click on it.
                        The text log of your receivers output since midnight UTC time is displayed. If you put the cursor at the top line and press the CTRL-F keys it will create a box for a word. Type the word disconnect in that box. It will search the file showing you the location and the frequency the word was found. You will find more instances than is shown on your FR24 Account Status Page. Also on your receiver log search for the symbol @ which will be your receiver name like 'F-RPVM2@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'. The XXX represent the IP address your ADS-B planes and your cached feed are sent which make up the content used to display your FR24 Account Status Page. Failure Pinging the MLAT5 server at sin.fr24.com or the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX IP will cause the receiver to terminate the connection and restart reattempting to make a connection.

On your FR24 Account Status Page put your mouse at the beginning of a break and the end then look at those times in your log to see what is happening.

Tools to verify what your receiver log is reporting are available at your computer operating system's Command Prompt. Two programs are handy, Ping and Tracert(Traceroute).

To verify timeouts at the Command Prompt type the words ping -t sin.fr24.com for the MLAT5 address. If you are experiencing Feed disconnects at the Command Prompt type the words ping -t XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX which is the IP address you found looking for the @ symbol in the log. Ping is a program that sends a packet from Point A to Point B and reports the time it took Point B's response to reach your computer. Ping will expose a connection problem between Point A and Point B but can't show where on the internet the cause occurs.

Tracert(Traceroute) will show you the points a packet travels from Point A to Point B and at each point ping that point 3 times showing you the time it takes to receive the acknowledgement a packet has been received. Tracert while useful in exposing the routing from your computer to Point B it doesn't expose the route the acknowledgement takes coming back so ping takes both routes into consideration. Knowing the shortcomings of your tools is important when you are trying to solve connectivity problems like our feed problems. Command Prompt commands to use tracert are tracert sin.fr24.com or tracert XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

Gerry familiarize yourself with the receiver log.

John
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete

Comment

• F-RPLL4 Online
                          Ice
                          F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                            F-RPLL4 Online
                            Guess F-RPLL3 didn't work out. Good complimentary coverage. Can't wait for you guys being able to be picked up by MLAT5.

Zamboangaradar is back online. He had PLDT ISP trouble while on holiday but is back now.

His feed is available at: http://zamboangaradar.ddns.net/VirtualRadar/. He hasn't had time to update his VRS but I am rebroadcasting his feed with the new version at: http://philippineradars.com/virtualradar/

Since he just restarted it today it hasn't had time to record much of a Receiver Range. He is rebroadcasting my feed also.

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete

Comment

• Quick tutorial on understanding receiver logs...

Thanks, Uncle John!

Am sure many others will benefit from this "tutorial"!

Gerry
                              F-RPVM2

Comment

• First MLAT5 Contact since adding F-RPLL4

Hooray for you guys in the Manila/Clark area you have your first MLAT5 contact this morning.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete

Comment

Working...
                                X