ICAO :RPMY
    IATA:CGY

Timezone (UTC+8)
    Elevation AMSL:58 Meters/190 Feet

Runway---

Direction:09/27
    Length:2100 Meters

Because It Has Replaced Lumbia Airport*
    Several years ago FR24 used information for scheduling and location and airport names from FlightStat inside a FR24 wrapper webpage. I think that has changed now to some automatic solution. The problem is that those OLD locations still seem to appear on the FR24 map when the blue airport button is enabled in the settings.

I reported the same type of issue to FlightStat about the movement and redesignation of the General Santos airport and they didn't even reply. I'm sure the same types of issues occur globally.

Airport location is not a make or break feature that would curtail the buying the Apps that provide money for payroll and recurring expenses for servers and bandwidth.

Our receivers were provided by the funds of venture capitalists who were willing to bet on this business model which also allowed the staff to increase from 4 or 5 to over a hundred. The airport feature is not a money maker so it's not a priority.

Airport location misinformation may evolve into an innovative solution that can be packaged and sold as a NEW feature. Have patience.

John
    F-RPVD1

Comment

F-RPMV1 is now online. If you don't know where that is it's in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, north of Zamboanga City. Paradiseislost previously reported this to be running up soon.

Now, if FR24 will only provide me with two more free receivers. I would gladly put one in Dipolog and another one in Zamboanga. It would be an immediate MLAT zone

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post
        F-RPMV1 is now online. If you don't know where that is it's in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, north of Zamboanga City. Paradiseislost previously reported this to be running up soon.

Now, if FR24 will only provide me with two more free receivers. I would gladly put one in Dipolog and another one in Zamboanga. It would be an immediate MLAT zone
        You could apply, and also contact Mr Olov Linberg who posted here before. He will then assess the suitability of the locations. Don't have too high hopes for Mlat immediately as even though a minimum of four is required it takes more receivers to have MLAT to work. Good coverage is key. Good luck.

Comment

Zamboanga Radar, please apply on fr24.com, and then email me.. I will handle your applications asap!

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
            Our receivers were provided by the funds of venture capitalists who were willing to bet on this business model which also allowed the staff to increase from 4 or 5 to over a hundred. The airport feature is not a money maker so it's not a priority.
            Hi John!

Are you talking about FR24 now? If you do, you are mistaken, we do not have any venture capital.
            The company was funded by me and Mike form the start, with a very small amount, and now we can use revenue from app sales and advertising to buy as many receivers we can get our hands on.

Our vision is to cover the whole planet, still not sure about how to cover the oceans, but we are working on it

Anyway.. You are correct that airports might not be a huge money maker, but its still very important. Its just a bit hard to keep track of changes..

Comment

I have a House in Tacloban City Leyte. Second option is I have Uncle whos Hobby Radio. his a Former Navy Radio Operator. and Registered Amateur Radio User. is he Eligible for ADS-B Application
              RPVO1

Comment

Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
                I have a House in Tacloban City Leyte. Second option is I have Uncle whos Hobby Radio. his a Former Navy Radio Operator. and Registered Amateur Radio User. is he Eligible for ADS-B Application
                Great! Please make an application here, and I will process it. http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Olov View Post
                  Great! Please make an application here, and I will process it. http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                  Olov
                  I Have a House on kawit About 15 Km south of RPLL,Can i host a new receiver there?
                  Last edited by AircraftSpotterPH; 2014-12-11, 11:05.
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                    Olov
                    I Have a House on kawit About 15 Km south of RPLL,Can i host a new receiver there?
                    Possibly. Do you think you can get good reception there?

Comment

Originally posted by Olov View Post
                      Possibly. Do you think you can get good reception there?
                      Ok,I will try if i can get a good reception because my house is only 1 Storey high and surrounded by other houses.
                      Ice
                      F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                        Ok,I will try if i can get a good reception because my house is only 1 Storey high and surrounded by other houses.
                        Noel, do you know anyone that would give you P28,000 of which you may or may not repay? That is the amount FR24 bets when looking at any application just for hardware and transportation sending a new receiver out. They like any smart enterprise have to evaluate value for the money.

The four pictures from the peak of your roof are just part of the evaluating process. Read this post for methods of documenting your application. Zamboangaradar posted a screenshot of his coverage area using this method. The posting is here.

You should also document how this extra location would add to the data already being well provided by you and F-RPLL1 and F-RPLL3.

Through the subtleties of accounting an endeavor has to be producing income to offset expenses....hosting has no income...expenses of putting up a station are not offset by income so it is just a contribution.

Out of pocket costs can exceed P5,000 for installing a receiver, mast and guy wires and climber. Also consider what if the renter, family members move out in the middle of the night and take the receiver with them and leave an unpaid internet bill? Your name was on the receiver application as the responsible party. Noel, scenarios like that happen to all of us.

Good luck!

John
                        F-RPVD1

Comment

I Noticed That F-RPLL3 is offline again

Comment

Globelines Alert for FR24 Feeders

Originally posted by Tiger670 View Post
                            I Noticed That F-RPLL3 is offline again
                            Tiger670 and whoever else who uses Globelines DSL, they have shifted to Private Addressing to the customers modems instead of a Public IP. Private IPs start with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx and public IPs for Globe are 180.xxx.xxx.xxx or 222.xxx.xxx.xxx.

When the modem is connected to a Public IP full features of the built in router work like port forwarding and FR24 can check on the status of the receiver. Under the new scheme that was intended to conserve the Public IPs allotted to Globe, many customers are connected to a Public IP gateway but it is one way because the function of the modem is reduced to just a customer username and password. with no access to your networked computers or devices like the FR24 receiver. The receiver can call home but not reached by the internet.

If F-RPLL3 is using Globelines DSL he may be connected to a gateway that has no internet access and a Private IP will not change until he either manually disconnects and allows the modem to reconnect to a different Private IP. Once connected, only refreshing a webpage will show if it is available. If it isn't available try and try again until the webpages appear. That will allow surfing although slow but will not make the FR24 receiver reachable from the internet.

I advised Globelines about the problem months ago when the Private IPs started to appear especially after a brownout but it is hard for an English speaking customer to talk to employees whose understanding is just 3rd language to them. FR24 is just not the only entity that is impacted, my servers I use for VRS don't work either.

I have two Globe DSL lines here and both exhibit the same behavior on different brand modem/routers. As far as I know PLDT doesn't have this problem....YET.

John
                            F-RPVD1

Comment

New Receiver F-RPLC1
                              Ice
                              F-RPLL3

Comment

When F-RPLL1 F-RPLL2 And F-RPLL3 together with F-RPLC1.

MLAT will be possible In Luzon
                                Ice
                                F-RPLL3

Comment

Working...
                                X