PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    I just installed FIBR at my church so we could get steady video for live streaming on a business plan. Same modem and same restrictions on business plan. The 10 mbs DSL plan is what they had and the upload speed was less than 1 mbs. For no extra money per month I upgraded them to the same download speed and as a bonus the upload speed is a bit more than download. PLDT charges P2500 for the modem which is billed on the first month bill.
    On my FIBR modem before they upgraded the firmware knowing the pages where you can set things you could get into the modem and I set my Port Forwarding then for 5 or 6 ports I use with VirtualRadar. Their upgrade didn't bother what I had set. I've had FIBR since January last year. I upgraded from Globe 5mbs DSL and as a promotion for doing that they doubled the 50 mbs plan to 100 mbs for 6 months. Even though the FIBR box across the street was up in November it took about a month for them to commission it and schedule my installation.
    I have another Globe 5 mbs dsl plan here in the house running a BPO, I am considering a faster plan since Globe has dropped the 3 year termination agreement.
    In this market Globe couldn't give away DSL in competition with FIBR.
    Hi John,

You should contest the Fibr business plan. Is it FibrBiz? If yes, then you should have full access to the router without modifying the firmware or something. Regarding Globe I think it really depends on the area.. in one of my clients they got a Globe as backup for the FibrBiz and Globe is way faster (this is Globe @home P2899) it reaches 72mbps during peak hours and around 90mbps+ during off peak.

Comment

• Hacker I don't know what kind of services you have available from FR24 for feeding with an RPI.

1. Radar View?
      2. live statistics?

I know more services are available since years ago using a dongle to feed FR24. What is your receivers ID, T-RPxxx so I can add it to my filters?

paradiselost

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
        Hacker I don't know what kind of services you have available from FR24 for feeding with an RPI.

1. Radar View?
        2. live statistics?

I know more services are available since years ago using a dongle to feed FR24. What is your receivers ID, T-RPxxx so I can add it to my filters?

paradiselost
        Right now mostly view only. Although I'm planning to do some personal iot projects using fr24 data (still to busy at work). My receiver id is T-RPUR1.

Comment

• If You Use the Latest Chrome Browser to access the FR24 main Map...

If you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser and things don't work, start your latest version of FireFox and it will work.

I have been seeing this message when I try to click on an airplane icon....and it won't go away...using Chrome.

In the latest version of FireFox everything works. Google must have changed something that affects how webpages display in Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Support has been advised.

paradiselost AKA John

Comment

• FR24 MLAT Help Wanted...Present T-RPxxx Feeders Especially ...

T-MLAT5 requires 4 FR24 receivers with overlapping coverage for MLAT tracking. At night or anytime if one or more turns off their internet coverage or FR24 receivers MLAT coverage ceases in that area. Several of our receivers are in Control Towers and are turned off if no flights are scheduled for their airport. Turning off the receivers or internet defeats the Safety service we provide.

Severe typhoon damage took out the Tuguegarao area receiver and maybe perhaps the Laoag receiver. One or more of these receivers were vital to MLAT and ADSB coverage to the far north Luzon area. If you are in one of these damaged areas and have some salvaged equipment contact Support@FR24.com and they will ship what you need to get back up and running.

If you have never hosted a FR24 receiver before and have a passion for helping people request a free receiver.
            The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

T-RPLL20, T-RPMD1 and T-RPUR1 do the same.

Hobbies and Public Service costs money. Be prepared to lay out costs for a proper height mast and guywires and someone to climb your mast to attach your antenna and GPS module. Ground your mast with a driven ground rod. Your only continued Blessing will be a job well done.

Circumstances change like job, moving and fatigue from serving. When these occur it affects our own community and leaves holes in our coverage. We've lost coverage in Davao and General Santos where we once had several receivers. Now in Davao we only have one T-RPxxx feeder, T-RPMD1. We have none in General Santos and Palawan. If we have friends there, encourage them to get a free FR24 receiver kit.

paradiselost AKA John
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2019-01-08, 23:40.

Comment

• Is Your FR24 Receiver Still MLAT Capable?...How to Check

It takes 4 FR24 receivers with overlapping coverage to be able to track Mode-S aircraft if all of the receivers GPS modules are connected or working. This is how to check.

The GPS module is attached to the mast with a small 5 mtr coax. If that is too short to go to the top of your mast extending the coax is possible with most any available coax installed somewhere between the module and the small connector at the end of the coax.

What the GPS Module does

1. It sets your location co-ordinates and elevation between the module location and average sea level.
              2. It detects the number of satellites it can view from your co-ordinates and their individual signal strengths.
              3. It receives the precise time from the satellites.
              4. Most all are needed for MLAT.

How to check your GPS Module

In your browser enter the local IP address for your receiver. You will land on the status page of the receiver. Below are the parts of a status page of a receiver that has GPS Module problems.

Notice number of satellites used =0 and the signal strength for all satellites is zero also.

If your GPS Module is working the status page will report for satellites used probably 10 and signal strengths for all.

Conclusion

I have had GPS Modules to fail due to water getting into them...they are not weatherproof. Do not mount them upside down with the cable coming out the top like they will do if they come unattached from the mast. If you do have a failure as noted on the status page, send a copy of it to support@fr24.com and they will send you a new one at no expense to you. If you want to extend the cable, cut the cable off the defective one and splice it on to the new one you receive.

In order to weatherproof the new one use tape and start at the bottom winding it tight up to the rubber at the top and wind back down to the rubber and back up. You will have 3 layers of tape that will shed water.

Hope this is helpful to you all and our tracking Mode-S aircraft on T-MLAT5 improves.

paradiselost AKA John
              Attached Files

Comment

• F-RPLI1 reporting!

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                T-MLAT5 requires 4 FR24 receivers with overlapping coverage for MLAT tracking. At night or anytime if one or more turns off their internet coverage or FR24 receivers MLAT coverage ceases in that area. Several of our receivers are in Control Towers and are turned off if no flights are scheduled for their airport. Turning off the receivers or internet defeats the Safety service we provide.

Severe typhoon damage took out the Tuguegarao area receiver and maybe perhaps the Laoag receiver. One or more of these receivers were vital to MLAT and ADSB coverage to the far north Luzon area. If you are in one of these damaged areas and have some salvaged equipment contact Support at FR24 dot com and they will ship what you need to get back up and running.

paradiselost AKA John

Good day to all!

I have just installed and activated F-RPLI1 (I request a move from F-RPLI3 since F-RPLI1 is orphaned methinks). The receiver is located near Laoag City and is currently hosted on top of my parent's house.
                I plan to move it to my 80ft tower nearby since the current location is obstructed by a mall at E to SE side.

PS. first post!

Best Regards,
                Ren
                Last edited by mrna; 2019-01-10, 12:34.

Comment

• F-RPLI1 Congratulations!

Originally posted by mrna View Post
                  Good day to all!

I have just installed and activated F-RPLI1 (I request a move from F-RPLI3 since F-RPLI1 is orphaned methinks). The receiver is located near Laoag City and is currently hosted on top of my parent's house.
                  I plan to move it to my 80ft tower nearby since the current location is obstructed by a mall at E to SE side.

PS. first post!

Best Regards,
                  Ren
                  Ren, been following you all day as F-RPLI3. WOW what tremendous range. You can track almost to Basco. F-RPUS1, south of you in San Fernando, has been off for a few days. The receivers that overlap some of your coverage are 2 Manila radars and one in Subic bay so MLAT activity is possible.

Yes F-RPLI1 hasn't been seen in over a year.

We're glad to have you join us!

paradiselost AKA John

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes. I think the longest range I got is ~300Nm.

In aid of MLAT, I hope to install a 2nd receiver at my brother's place further east, beyond Cordillera at Abulug, Cagayan.
                    This will provide fuller coverage for Batanes, but I dunno how reception will be affected by mountain ranges due east and west of the area.

OT: I reported about Paradise Lost by John Milton waay way back in high school.

Regards, Ren

Comment

• Coverage from Abulug!

Originally posted by mrna View Post
                      Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes. I think the longest range I got is ~300Nm.

In aid of MLAT, I hope to install a 2nd receiver at my brother's place further east, beyond Cordillera at Abulug, Cagayan.
                      This will provide fuller coverage for Batanes, but I dunno how reception will be affected by mountain ranges due east and west of the area.

OT: I reported about Paradise Lost by John Milton waay way back in high school.

Regards, Ren
                      Ren look at the coverage map from Abulug.

Compute summits visible from any location worldwide

paradiselost AKA John

Comment

• F-RPVD1 is Offline__Returning Damaged Receiver

I have been offline since the 19th, the receiver will not power on....no LEDs lit.

Since the history of this receiver has gone through several AC adapters, I attempted to get a replacement locally to no avail. My technician checked the adapter and it was ok but the receiver would not power on with it connected.

I host another receiver that uses the same adapter so tried it with the FR24 to no avail.

Support advised me to send the receiver back to them by postal mail. I boxed up the receiver and presented it to PhilPost but it was refused because it contained metal. Since it was originally delivered by DHL, I stopped by DHL with the package but they looked at the P.O. box that Support had given me and said they could not accept the package without a street address. I passed this information back to FR24 Support. In their original instructions they said to not use a Courier.

FR24 with this on the ground information sent me a prepaid shipping label and invoice which I printed and presented to DHL with the box. DHL needed to verify that FR24 had an account with them to pay the shipping and fees. The Shipping label didn't contain the DHL account number so they refused it again.

Evidently, the package was due to be shipped out of Manila the 3rd of July.

That date is quickly approaching and I have not received guidance from FR24.

F-RPVM3 had similar difficulties returning F-RPVM1.

If you need to return FR24 receivers that have failed, be aware the procedures can be daunting.

paradiselost AKA John

Comment

• Re: F-RPVD1 is Offline__Returning Damaged Receiver

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                          I have been offline since the 19th of June, the receiver will not power on....no LEDs lit.

F-RPVM3 had similar difficulties returning F-RPVM1 and getting a replacement.

If you need to return FR24 receivers that have failed, be aware the procedures can be daunting.
                          FR24 uses a Post Office box to receive returned equipment so don't be dismayed. The booking with DHL Sweden by FR24 and the shipping labels they send by email are all you need.

Your local DHL office probably doesn't know how to receive a package booked by DHL Sweden and will ask for additional information. Additional information is only needed if you are making a DHL booking to send a package to Sweden and paying for it. THIS IS NOT NEEDED....FR24 and DHL Sweden have already done that.

Your local DHL office will have to consult with DHL Manila while you're there to receive the package.

On your Waybill that you print, verify that your address is complete. If your printer skips lines that will require DHL Manila reprint one delaying the shipment. The Waybill Number, names and addresses have to be correct and machine readable.

If you have DHL questions here is a shortened version of the chat link that operates during business hours:

Keep your Waybill Number handy because it will always be asked for.

My replacement receiver is currently being held up by Customs.

paradiselost
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2019-07-24, 22:00.

Comment

• Just want to share how to use wifi on your receiver if cable issues would be a problem..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• F-RPML3 here. Down for a few weeks when my old router broke down. Applied and after a long time got installed a new Globe LTE plan just this morning (Nov 23, 2019). I have transferred the A-DSB receiver to the new router and waiting for it to come online. All light indicators look normal but seems to be offline as of this posting. I must be missing something
                              here?
                              Roger S.
                              F-RPML3
                              CGY

Comment

• Originally posted by rog0322 View Post
                                F-RPML3 here. Down for a few weeks when my old router broke down. Applied and after a long time got installed a new Globe LTE plan just this morning (Nov 23, 2019). I have transferred the A-DSB receiver to the new router and waiting for it to come online. All light indicators look normal but seems to be offline as of this posting. I must be missing something
                                here?
                                What is the brand and model number of the modem and and does your FR24 receiver have an lcd display or just 3 leds?

paradiselost

F-RPVD1

Comment

Working...
                                X