No announcement yet.

PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total height if mounted on top of the roof around 30 feet.

Alvin O.
    F-RPWD2
    Metro Davao

Comment

• Originally posted by davaospotter View Post
      Davao City power is okey compared to other areas like General Santos and nearby town not being serviced by Aboitiz Power. Been busy lately with work and I haven't mounted it on a mast pipe. I live up in a hill but few trees are blocking some of my view. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks!
      Please do keep us updated on both the mounting of the antenna and the possibility of a palawan feed!

Comment

• Already sent a PM to my friend who is based in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I should get a reply by tomorrow.

Alvin O.
        F-RPWD2
        Metro Davao

Comment

• Good News!

My friend in Puerto Princesa, Palawan is willing to host an FR24.

Alvin O.
          F-RPWD2
          Metro Davao

Comment

Good News!

Find his house on the Google satellite view in this program use create a new panorama. Once you locate and click on his house the latitude and longitude will change to that location. Enter the height of the mast either from the ground or on the top of the roof and click Submit and it will create a URL and show his theoretical range when from the air is selected. Please post the created URL here.

His location will overlap the coverage of Ilo Ilo and somewhat the ranges of the Manila stations allowing some MLAT possibilities.

He will also have a ring side seat to the mischief in the Spratleys.

This is the profile of the Puerto Princesa airport.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-22, 22:02.

Comment

Good News!

We will await more news after his application. Hope the location is good. Thanks davaospotter for getting your friend there to host! We have waited for a very long time (at least 2 year plus for me!) for a feed from there. Hopefully the wait is nearing the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by algineyap03
                Hello ... F-RPLC1 is my alias .. from mabalacat city pampanga .. nearest airport .. clark international airport ..
                algineyap03 thanks for putting a face to an alias. You've sure got good coverage. I did a coverage map from atop the control tower at Clark which is very similar to what we are seeing from you on the FR24 map.

The coverage is here.

You will enjoy this forum, we are like family along with the crazy old uncle (ME).

John
                F-RVPD1
                Dumaguete

Comment

• What brand of rubber tape should i buy to seal the connectors?
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                    What brand of rubber tape should i buy to seal the connectors?
                    For each connector I used 3 layers of this and 3 layers of electrical tape. This is what it looks like. Your electrical supply in Cavite or Manila will have it. One roll is a lifetime supply.

OPINION
                    That self amalgamating tape shipped with FR24 receivers is evil, it sticks to what ever where as the rubber tape is only sticky on the side with the protector layer that keeps it from sticking to a container (plastic bag) in shipment. Both provide the same protection.
                    END OF OPINION

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete
                    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-23, 22:38. Reason: Added Opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                      Find his house on the Google satellite view in this program use create a new panorama. Once you locate and click on his house the latitude and longitude will change to that location. Enter the height of the mast either from the ground or on the top of the roof and click Submit and it will create a URL and show his theoretical range when from the air is selected. Please post the created URL here.

His location will overlap the coverage of Ilo Ilo and somewhat the ranges of the Manila stations allowing some MLAT possibilities.

He will also have a ring side seat to the mischief in the Spratleys.

This is the profile of the Puerto Princesa airport.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Copy that RRPVD1, Happy Holidays!

Alvin O.
                      F-RPWD2
                      Metro Davao

Comment

algineyap03 thanks for putting a face to an alias. You've sure got good coverage. I did a coverage map from atop the control tower at Clark which is very similar to what we are seeing from you on the FR24 map.

The coverage is here.

You will enjoy this forum, we are like family along with the crazy old uncle (ME).

John
                        F-RVPD1
                        Dumaguete
                        You're welcome. I got a very good coverage in my location. Sadly it has a cellular tower here beside my location distance of (165 ft). I think it will affect my receiver sooner or later. By the way i hope will enjoy in this forum with you old uncle and others. Thank you .

Reynalgine, (Pampanga) (F-RPLC1)

F-RPLC1 Clark International Airport Pampanga

Comment

• QUESTION: Is Tawi Tawi and Jolo part of the wish list?
                          Last edited by davaospotter; 2014-12-24, 04:52.

Alvin O.
                          F-RPWD2
                          Metro Davao

Comment

For each connector I used 3 layers of this and 3 layers of electrical tape. This is what it looks like. Your electrical supply in Cavite or Manila will have it. One roll is a lifetime supply.

OPINION

END OF OPINION

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete
                            14193968641421733242880.jpg
                            This is my Rubber Tabe from Ace Hardware
                            Ice
                            F-RPLL3

Comment

QUESTION: Is Tawi Tawi and Jolo part of the wish list?
                              Anywhere where coverage is lacking is most welcomed. FR24 will assess the suitability. If you have contacts there might as well give it a go and ask them to apply if they are keen.

Comment

• Thats it.

John
                                F-RPVD1

Comment

Working...
                                X