PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anaktee View Post
    Thanks, I already called DHL thru the contact you gave me, and I was advised that they already contacting the shipper if they would shoulder the duties and taxes, and also I reminded flightradar24 support and answer me with this "Our delivery company from Germany is already in contact with DHL regarding that. ",. DHL will call me on monday for an update.
    Anaktee it is good to know you are staying on top of the status of the shipment. FR24 originally used DHL for receivers here in the Philippines since they have offices in major cities in the provinces. For some reason FR24 changed forwarders to TNT. TNT was a nightmare to deal with because their only branch was in Manila and they had to find a local forwarder to get the receiver to you. FR24 is back using DHL.

I am sorry for your delay, we are excited to see your receiver tracking planes. Your designation will be F-RPXX1 with the RPXX being the nearest major airport and the number at the end like 1 would mean yours is the first receiver covering that airport.

Install your antenna and GPS as high as possible to be able to overlook trees and buildings. You will be able to detect ADSB signals the fartherest away in the area of you site that has unobstructed view from the antenna.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Comment

• F-RPVM2 Replacement Receiver is F-RPVM3

The Cebu receiver was fried in a lightning storm but it takes a while to send the receiver back and get a replacement. The new replacement receiver is F-RPVM3. Damaged receivers have the old designation retired and the replacement will have the next available number at the end of the designation.

Lightning can do strange things like maybe hitting an ungrounded mast, coming in on the telephone or power lines. The situation at F-RPVM2 took out the modems and the spike suppressors in power strips and UPS. This episode was very expensive to shoulder.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
        The Cebu receiver was fried in a lightning storm but it takes a while to send the receiver back and get a replacement. The new replacement receiver is F-RPVM3. Damaged receivers have the old designation retired and the replacement will have the next available number at the end of the designation.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete
        Not necessarily the case, if you ask nicely they can re-allocate your old designation to the new box provided it is still available, when my box died I did just that as I had got rather used to being F-EGLF1, it took a few days but they were able to transfer it and all the associated statistics. It never hurts to ask, the worst is that they say no ��
        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Good day!
          I already get my packaged..
          IMG_0073.jpg

Comment

Good day!
            I already get my packaged..
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8263[/ATTACH]
            Good luck on the install. We will look forward to seeing your tracking on the map.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

Comment

• This is my mast, do you have any suggestion, what wire gauge/type will I used for grounding?
              antenna.jpg

Could this withstand with typhoon?

Comment

• Screenshot (528).jpg
                Planes tracked by F-RPLI1
                Ice
                F-RPLL3

Comment

This is my mast, do you have any suggestion, what wire gauge/type will I used for grounding?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]8270[/ATTACH]

Could this withstand with typhoon?
                  I am glad you are going to provide the FR24 coverage for northern Luzon.

Guy the mast at the top where the top cable tie is in the picture with the heaviest gauge GI wire you can get.

For the ground wire I use 8 gauge stranded copper.

I had a longer post but the gremlins ate it.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete

Comment

• Season's Greetings to everyone!
                    After arriving from DXB for a christmas holidays finally i got some time to build my ADS-B receiver, i tried to customized it as much as possible using available resources at our home's junk. "Abubot". i am sharing you the photos of my rig.

Dump1090-Mutability Running on Raspberry Pi 3
                    IMG_20161223_135020.jpg

8elements CoCo Antenna
                    IMG_20161219_122034.jpg

Final Collinear Antenna on PVC radome (no white available)
                    IMG_20161219_171504.jpg

My Coverage (very Poor on West and East
                    Screenshot_2016-12-21-20-14-51.jpgScreenshot_2016-12-23-04-32-54.jpg

BR

T-RPLL20

Comment

• Originally posted by omdb6 View Post
                      Season's Greetings to everyone!
                      After arriving from DXB for a christmas holidays finally i got some time to build my ADS-B receiver, i tried to customized it as much as possible using available resources at our home's junk. "Abubot". i am sharing you the photos of my rig.

Dump1090-Mutability Running on Raspberry Pi 3
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8282[/ATTACH]

8elements CoCo Antenna
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8283[/ATTACH]

Final Collinear Antenna on PVC radome (no white available)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8284[/ATTACH]

My Coverage (very Poor on West and East
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8286[/ATTACH]

BR

T-RPLL20
                      You did a very neat installation. With a commercial 5 db antenna the same setup would get 150 mile range. My experience with dongles is that they are prone to become intermittent when they thermally get hot and don't seem able to rely on 24/7.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Comment

• jjjj.jpg
                        Hello Guys,where can i buy this type of antenna mast.
                        Ice
                        F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8292[/ATTACH]
                          Hello Guys,where can i buy this type of antenna mast.
                          Give this guy or gal Bobbie a call. They are in this business and could point you in the right direction.

0905-724-4184

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete

Comment

• Using Google Earth to Find the Coordinates to your Antenna

Several in the Philippines are using Raspberry PI and dongles to feed FR24. If a GPS is not available to set your antenna location your data is not much use for MLAT which triangulates the Mode-S signals from a non-capable ADSB aircraft.

Installing Google Earth enables you to find your house by searching for the airport nearest to you and then moving the satellite view to your subdivision and then your house. The coordinates of the pointer position are at the bottom of the map.

The default display of the coordinates are not in the form FR24 uses but by clicking on Tools/Options at the top of the map in the Show Lat/Long you can change to Decimal Degrees. And since we are in the Philippines the Units of Measure can be changed to Meters, Kilometers.

Zoom in as far as you can on your house and put the cursor on the part of the lot where your antenna is located. The cursor will change to a bulls eye as you continue to zoom. If your mast was present when the Google Earth Street View car was down your street, it will be view able in Street View.

From the Street View of your lot point the cursor at the antenna at the top of your mast and at the bottom of the Street View display it will list the exact coordinates and approximate elevation of the top of your mast from average sea level. These coordinates and elevation are useful to FR24 in making the MLAT calculations setting your location.

Google was down my street last June and is reflected at the bottom of the Street View display.

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete
                            Last edited by paradiselost; 2017-01-05, 05:05.

Comment

• It's my first flight for this year, thus I'm excited to track my flight, to my dismay it has incomplete coverage, we have any receiver near Davao Airport, don't we?
                              davao.JPG

Comment

It's my first flight for this year, thus I'm excited to track my flight, to my dismay it has incomplete coverage, we have any receiver near Davao Airport, don't we?
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8321[/ATTACH]
                                Up until about 6 months ago we had two receivers in the DVO area but they have since went dark. The receiver at F-RPWE1 Butuan can track aircraft traversing the east side of the mountain range to where picture ends about 30 miles north of DVO.

Coverage in all of Mindanao is spotting due to the flooding and landslides. Perhaps if we can get a reprieve from the heavy rain we can do some cleanup and get some stations tracking again.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete

Comment

Working...
                                X