Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Well the IP address should be assigned via DHCP, does the router offer DHCP?

I suppose you already tried removing the power from the FR24 receiver and then reconnecting it a couple of seconds later?

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    You said it's an FR24 provided receiver?
    Don't you have an email to get in contact with FR24 in regards to their receiver?

No data can also mean the antenna isn't correctly connected.
    Have you checked which IP the device was assigned by the router?
    Accessing the local webpage of the device might be interesting.
    I have notified FR24 admin, its got a MAC address but no IP assigned.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You said it's an FR24 provided receiver?
    Don't you have an email to get in contact with FR24 in regards to their receiver?

No data can also mean the antenna isn't correctly connected.
    Have you checked which IP the device was assigned by the router?
    Accessing the local webpage of the device might be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    You shouldn't need port forwarding just to feed.

Port forwarding is only required if you want to access something like a webserver from the internet.
    For feeding all connections originate with the feeder (outgoing connections) which is allowed by default. (except in some corporate networks)
    Understood, But still in a quandary why no data has been uploaded since it was connected last Saturday morning.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You shouldn't need port forwarding just to feed.

Port forwarding is only required if you want to access something like a webserver from the internet.
    For feeding all connections originate with the feeder (outgoing connections) which is allowed by default. (except in some corporate networks)

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    Ok I need the correct values on the table fields under Special Application tab: Name, Status, Trigger Protocol, Trigger Port, Open Protocol, Open Port, Options. I cannot just guess them, right? If ISP does not allow port forwarding with my current plan, F-RPML3 may take a while to go online.

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    Originally posted by paradiselost View Post

What is the brand and model number of the modem and and does your FR24 receiver have an lcd display or just 3 leds?

paradiselost

F-RPVD1
    Its a WLAN/LAN LTE router Huawei B315s-938 provided by Globe. I dont know why the receiver FR24 cant upload data, its just got 3 leds front and the lights all indicate normal blinks and colors.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by rog0322 View Post
    F-RPML3 here. Down for a few weeks when my old router broke down. Applied and after a long time got installed a new Globe LTE plan just this morning (Nov 23, 2019). I have transferred the A-DSB receiver to the new router and waiting for it to come online. All light indicators look normal but seems to be offline as of this posting. I must be missing something
    here?
    What is the brand and model number of the modem and and does your FR24 receiver have an lcd display or just 3 leds?

paradiselost

F-RPVD1

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    F-RPML3 here. Down for a few weeks when my old router broke down. Applied and after a long time got installed a new Globe LTE plan just this morning (Nov 23, 2019). I have transferred the A-DSB receiver to the new router and waiting for it to come online. All light indicators look normal but seems to be offline as of this posting. I must be missing something
    here?

Leave a comment:

• anaktee
    replied

Just want to share how to use wifi on your receiver if cable issues would be a problem..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Re: F-RPVD1 is Offline__Returning Damaged Receiver

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    I have been offline since the 19th of June, the receiver will not power on....no LEDs lit.

F-RPVM3 had similar difficulties returning F-RPVM1 and getting a replacement.

If you need to return FR24 receivers that have failed, be aware the procedures can be daunting.
    FR24 uses a Post Office box to receive returned equipment so don't be dismayed. The booking with DHL Sweden by FR24 and the shipping labels they send by email are all you need.

Your local DHL office probably doesn't know how to receive a package booked by DHL Sweden and will ask for additional information. Additional information is only needed if you are making a DHL booking to send a package to Sweden and paying for it. THIS IS NOT NEEDED....FR24 and DHL Sweden have already done that.

Your local DHL office will have to consult with DHL Manila while you're there to receive the package.

On your Waybill that you print, verify that your address is complete. If your printer skips lines that will require DHL Manila reprint one delaying the shipment. The Waybill Number, names and addresses have to be correct and machine readable.

If you have DHL questions here is a shortened version of the chat link that operates during business hours:

Keep your Waybill Number handy because it will always be asked for.

My replacement receiver is currently being held up by Customs.

paradiselost
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2019-07-24, 22:00.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    F-RPVD1 is Offline__Returning Damaged Receiver

I have been offline since the 19th, the receiver will not power on....no LEDs lit.

Since the history of this receiver has gone through several AC adapters, I attempted to get a replacement locally to no avail. My technician checked the adapter and it was ok but the receiver would not power on with it connected.

I host another receiver that uses the same adapter so tried it with the FR24 to no avail.

Support advised me to send the receiver back to them by postal mail. I boxed up the receiver and presented it to PhilPost but it was refused because it contained metal. Since it was originally delivered by DHL, I stopped by DHL with the package but they looked at the P.O. box that Support had given me and said they could not accept the package without a street address. I passed this information back to FR24 Support. In their original instructions they said to not use a Courier.

FR24 with this on the ground information sent me a prepaid shipping label and invoice which I printed and presented to DHL with the box. DHL needed to verify that FR24 had an account with them to pay the shipping and fees. The Shipping label didn't contain the DHL account number so they refused it again.

Evidently, the package was due to be shipped out of Manila the 3rd of July.

That date is quickly approaching and I have not received guidance from FR24.

F-RPVM3 had similar difficulties returning F-RPVM1.

If you need to return FR24 receivers that have failed, be aware the procedures can be daunting.

paradiselost AKA John

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Coverage from Abulug!

Originally posted by mrna View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes. I think the longest range I got is ~300Nm.

In aid of MLAT, I hope to install a 2nd receiver at my brother's place further east, beyond Cordillera at Abulug, Cagayan.
    This will provide fuller coverage for Batanes, but I dunno how reception will be affected by mountain ranges due east and west of the area.

OT: I reported about Paradise Lost by John Milton waay way back in high school.

Regards, Ren
    Ren look at the coverage map from Abulug.

Compute summits visible from any location worldwide

paradiselost AKA John

Leave a comment:

• mrna
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes. I think the longest range I got is ~300Nm.

In aid of MLAT, I hope to install a 2nd receiver at my brother's place further east, beyond Cordillera at Abulug, Cagayan.
    This will provide fuller coverage for Batanes, but I dunno how reception will be affected by mountain ranges due east and west of the area.

OT: I reported about Paradise Lost by John Milton waay way back in high school.

Regards, Ren

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    F-RPLI1 Congratulations!

Originally posted by mrna View Post
    Good day to all!

I have just installed and activated F-RPLI1 (I request a move from F-RPLI3 since F-RPLI1 is orphaned methinks). The receiver is located near Laoag City and is currently hosted on top of my parent's house.
    I plan to move it to my 80ft tower nearby since the current location is obstructed by a mall at E to SE side.

PS. first post!

Best Regards,
    Ren
    Ren, been following you all day as F-RPLI3. WOW what tremendous range. You can track almost to Basco. F-RPUS1, south of you in San Fernando, has been off for a few days. The receivers that overlap some of your coverage are 2 Manila radars and one in Subic bay so MLAT activity is possible.

Yes F-RPLI1 hasn't been seen in over a year.

We're glad to have you join us!

paradiselost AKA John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X