PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Tiger670 you must be confused. Look at the FR24 main page and click on About/How it Works at the top right of the page.

You will find this definition of MLAT.

To show ground traffic, there is a place to enable it in the settings.

Since ADS-B is line of sight, RPLL2 being on the west end of the runway may be shielded from aircraft turning left on the taxi way going to the domestic terminal but RPLL1 may have an unobstructed view being in a different receiver location so on the map the radar notation will change from RPLL2 to RPLL1. It is true that the curvature of the earth impacts viewing ground movements if the observing receiver is beyond 6-8 miles.

Tiger670 thanks for the observation.

John
    F-RPVD1
    But can it show MLAT aircraft landing on Runway 06?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger670 View Post
      But can it show MLAT aircraft landing on Runway 06?
      No by definition it can't and you will not see end to end flights but just some appearances on the map when tracked by 4 or more receivers. Until Luzon is awarded more receivers you will not see any Luzon MLAT traffic on the map....just certain areas in the Visayas does the 4+ tracking receivers make it possible.

Presently, F-RPLL1 and 2 overlap with F-RPVI1 and F-RPLP1 so it can be possible for the appearance of a non-ADS-B aircraft over Mindoro east and west.
      Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-02, 23:22.

Comment

No by definition it can't and you will not see end to end flights but just some appearances on the map when tracked by 4 or more receivers. Until Luzon is awarded more receivers you will not see any Luzon MLAT traffic on the map....just certain areas in the Visayas does the 4+ tracking receivers make it possible.

Presently, F-RPLL1 and 2 overlap with F-RPVI1 and F-RPLP1 so it can be possible for the appearance of a non-ADS-B aircraft over Mindoro east and west.
        Thanks for the information.

Comment

I Just saw F-RPVB1 Bacolod today, while the plane is around Ozamiz City and Panay Island. its Active.

Yes, i have good coverage with my ADS-B. From Marindugue, Southern Part of Mindoro, Naga City, Virac. West part is is between Cuyo Island and Damaran Island In Palawan, South I can Cover near Zamboanga City, Near General Santos City, Samal Island , East is Samar, Leyte, Dinagat Island, Pacific Ocean. and the Whole Visayas Area is Covered.

So far Palawan and Jolo is Our Blind Spot here in Philippines
          Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-12-03, 09:56.
          RPVO1

Comment

I hope that There will be FR24 Receiver Host In

Surigao Airport(ICAO:RPMS)
            Bancasi Airport(ICAO:RPME)
            Laguindingan Airport(ICAO:RPMY)
            Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport(ICAO:RPVA)

Comment

Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
              I Just saw F-RPVB1 Bacolod today, while the plane is around Ozamiz City and Panay Island. its Active.

Yes, i have good coverage with my ADS-B. From Marindugue, Southern Part of Mindoro, Naga City, Virac. West part is is between Cuyo Island and Damaran Island In Palawan, South I can Cover near Zamboanga City, Near General Santos City, Samal Island , East is Samar, Leyte, Dinagat Island, Pacific Ocean. and the Whole Visayas Area is Covered.

Jolo is well covered. Look here

VRS ZAM2.JPG

Join the Philippine Radar Project

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5119[/ATTACH]

Good News To Hear That Jolo is covered.
                Ice
                F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5119[/ATTACH]

Nice. i havent been in Zamboanga. Is your northern part covered with High Mountain.
                  RPVO1

Comment

Yes I saw Bacolod online for a time today also but it seems like it is off tonight. Time will tell what their schedule is.

You have good receiver range, you did a good job analyzing your location then following through with good engineering practice.

The new receiver in transit that will be installed somewhere between Dipolog and Zamboanga will improve the Sulu Sea coverage. The mountain range west of me limits my coverage to 50 miles west of Negros Island.

A friend of mine used to feed from the northern most point of Siquijor Island and his range was very similar to yours. Like many of us he was using a DVT stick and home made antenna in the early days.

My friend in Zamboanga is rather limited because of terrain and trees so his range plot is jagged. Most also have to earn a living besides tracking planes so maintenance time is valuable. He has the materials waiting for him to have time to upgrade the bamboo mast with GI pipe elevating the antenna in the process. Several brownouts a day are the norm down there. The coverage area link below includes his receiver which will improve immensely after the mast upgrade.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-03, 13:46.

Comment

My friend in Zamboanga is rather limited because of terrain and trees so his range plot is jagged. Most also have to earn a living besides tracking planes so maintenance time is valuable. He has the materials waiting for him to have time to upgrade the bamboo mast with GI pipe elevating the antenna in the process. Several brownouts a day are the norm down there. The coverage area link below includes his receiver which will improve immensely after the mast upgrade.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      That is correct. Actually the range now is what the GI mast provide standing 105m amsl. The FR24 GPS is already 89.9m amsl. You can't have a better picture than that due to terrain issues. The radar coverage actually follows that terrain survey, except the eastern portion onwards to General Santos which is blocked by a big and tall tree.
                      zam_terrain_survey.jpg

And if you take a closer look at the coverage, the edges are aircraft "Airways" and they all converge in ZAM junction.
                      zam_airway.jpg

Last edited by Zamboanga Radar; 2014-12-03, 23:50.

Comment

Philippine Feeders Be prepared For typhoon "RUBY"
                        Ice
                        F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                          Philippine Feeders Be prepared For typhoon "RUBY"
                          I always keep an eye on this site when typhoons are around

At 3 pm Friday looks like the eye is headed for Manila. It will test your guy wires and double sided tape. If it hits at high tide look out for flooding and power outages.

It looks like the Visayas missed out on the monthly calamity. The grocery stores were packed last night...preparation has greatly improved.

AircraftSpotterPH have plenty of batteries and stay safe

John
                          F-RPVD1

Comment

I always keep an eye on this site when typhoons are around

At 3 pm Friday looks like the eye is headed for Manila. It will test your guy wires and double sided tape. If it hits at high tide look out for flooding and power outages.

It looks like the Visayas missed out on the monthly calamity. The grocery stores were packed last night...preparation has greatly improved.

AircraftSpotterPH have plenty of batteries and stay safe

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Thanks for the tip.
                            Ice
                            F-RPLL3

Comment

I been monitor this Typhoon since it was low pressure in Micronesia.

All my Radio WISP has been removed and secured. except the ADS-B it will be tested Tomorrow. I may have 24/7 electricity here in my place but if Brownout lasted for 24 hours. Telephone Company Cant Service us for more than 17hours. So No More Internet for ADS-B
                              Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-12-05, 15:26.
                              RPVO1

Comment

All you guys in the Philippines. Be safe and take care of yourself. Keeping my fingers crossed that this typhoon will not do too much harm to you or your country.

Comment

Working...
                                X