Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logs for Malacca Strait area 8 March

Hi all,

On a sailing forum there has been a post from a sailor who claims to have seen an aircraft on fire west of Thailand on the night that MH370 went missing. After checking the position of the boat and the estimated track of MH370 the claim is so far plausible. Thread here for full details: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...70-127132.html

A key point is that the incident was not noted in the ships log and that we therefore need to determine the time it was seen. The sailor has a memory of seeing two other aircraft travelling north at the same time. To check if this was the time that MH370 would have been passing through the area (approx 0250 8th March Malaysian time, 1850 7th March UTC) we need to see if two other aircraft did indeed pass the boats position at this time, with the relative bearing, direction and orientation described.

The Flightradar logs only seem to go back 7 days. How can I get hold of the data we need to cross check the account?

Many thanks.

It was done exhaustively back in March when the story first appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
      It was done exhaustively back in March when the story first appeared.
      Yes, I can find plenty of videos of the track of MH370 itself, but what I need is the tracks of other aircraft in the area AFTER the ADS-B on MH370 was turned off, some time after in fact. These are much harder to find...

Comment

1. Where did you find info that it was "turned off"?!?
        2. Here is the FR24 playback of the MAS370 and the area....if that is what you are looking for.
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
          1. Where did you find info that it was "turned off"?!?
          2. Here is the FR24 playback of the MAS370 and the area....if that is what you are looking for.
          Many thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately the FR24 coverage does not extend fully in to the area in question (NW of Banda Aceh) but the playback does show two possible candidate flights for the time in question (~1850 UTC). I will be taking time to look over it in more detail.

My use of the phrase 'turned off' wasn't supposed to be any sort of speculation, I just meant 'ceased transmitting'. I will be more careful in future...

Again, many thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X