No announcement yet.

FR24 Map issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like it was Google indexing our data-pages that overloaded our database, due to an error on some airline pages. Fixed now so it will hopefully not happen again.

Comment

Thanks Mike. As I said originally, all it takes on our part is a little patience.
      Last edited by fungus; 2014-05-16, 13:18.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

If the data is very transient in nature and meaningless to index - you can add stuff to the page headers to stop index robots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          It looks like it was Google indexing our data-pages that overloaded our database, due to an error on some airline pages. Fixed now so it will hopefully not happen again.
          Thanks Mike.

Good that you concentrated on fixing the problem instead of answering to questions in the forum about the problem.
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
            I aint here to impress, but since you clearly have no comprehension of what's involved you needed to be educated a bit... you can not put a time frame on it, why? read my last post, the one you reckon I'm trying to impress with...

You, are a classic example of the type I was referring too - given your comments.

(you also don't put a time frame on it because you have to locate the fault, fix the fault, find out why it happened to make sure it doesn't happen again, and when there are clusters of servers the potential for delay is much larger, Mike has since said a database issue, some database issues can be fixed in literally 15 seconds, others 15 hours, or 2 days if requiring restoration from tapes, depending on the size, error state, and damage.)

Lastly, I can only ROFLMFAO about saying only " we are aware of it ", is arrogant, if engineers told everyone exactly, 999/1000 times we would then have to spend the next 2 hours trying to layman term break it all down and in the end you still likely wouldn't understand a darn thing. Let's also not forget it would have been middle of night where FR24 servers are, so I think the restoration came pretty quick considering.

and I for one who understands these dilemmas, are appreciative of Mike and his crew resolving it so fast, job well done.
            I guess the term apologist would also sit pretty uncomfortably with you. So be it. End of my contribution on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ressy View Post

and I for one who understands these dilemmas, are appreciative of Mike and his crew resolving it so fast, job well done.
              Well said . CLAP CLAP CLAP !

That's why when I first noticed the problem - I didn't even want to email Support to inform them - because I knew Support knew of the problem and are BUSY fixing the problem.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

A lot of the problem is that when google scan a site, they don't run one spider over it ... they send a plague of spiders and do hit hard.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  A lot of the problem is that when google scan a site, they don't run one spider over it ... they send a plague of spiders and do hit hard.
                  In this case those robots exposed an error that now has been fixed, so even if Google increase number of spiders by 10 times we should have no problems handling it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                    Well said . CLAP CLAP CLAP !

That's why when I first noticed the problem - I didn't even want to email Support to inform them - because I knew Support knew of the problem and are BUSY fixing the problem.
                    Exactly, in the words of Axl Rose ... " all we need, is just a little patience"

Comment

Working...
                    X