Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Antenna for ADS-B

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cheap Antenna for ADS-B

    My English is poor, maybe someone could translate for me !!


    pic1.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
    Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
    APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
    HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

  • #2
    pic7.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
    Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
    APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
    HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

    Comment


    • #3
      pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg

      The coverage is more than 1000 KM, and cost you less than 3 US Dollars
      ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
      Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
      APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
      HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting Will have to have a look at this. Thank you for posting it.
        T-EGLF8

        Comment


        • #5
          Fingsen Puedes pasar las medidas y como hacer los detalles que aparecen por favor Gracias

          Comment


          • #6
            The details showed above ... click on the pics ..... ....
            ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
            Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
            APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
            HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for your suggestion. However, I suppose range is measured from the station right? Not the distance between two aircrafts can be taken as the reception range of the antenna...

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, you are right, I give you another pic, 293nm.........about 542km

                pic6.jpg
                ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
                Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
                APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
                HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is that all feeders in Kaohsiung using this amazing DIY antenna?

                  It seems the reception range of feeders in Kaohsiung is quite good and even better than us in Hong Kong as we don't know how to DIY...
                  T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                  (24/7)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Let me do some Translation:

                    Pic1:
                    壓克力板 - Acrylic Sheet
                    銅片 - Copper Foil
                    內芯 - Internal Cylinder (Tube)
                    接地端小段 - Small Part of GROUND
                    去皮 - Without Skin
                    鋁箔部分 - Aluminium Foil Part
                    熱縮管 - Heat Shrink Tube
                    焊槍 - Welding Gun
                    線+頭 長度不限 - Wire+Plug, Unlimited Length

                    Pic2:
                    Fix the copper foil on Acrylic Sheet, hot melt glue is pasted behind the copper foil.
                    Using Insulating Tape to avoid displacement of copper foil after melting.

                    Pic3:
                    Weld 5C2V Internal Cylinder (Tube) on the copper foil
                    Try your best to weld it beyond boundary, to avoid data error

                    Pic4:
                    Weld the 3 beard

                    Pic5:
                    Connect Plug
                    Connect Copper Foil nearest
                    Each Internal Cylinder (Tube) connecting in series to get the best reception

                    Pic8:
                    Welding Point is covered with hot melt glue

                    Pic9:
                    Finally Heat Shrinkable Tube, FINISHED!!!

                    正面 - Front
                    背面 - Back
                    Last edited by Dundee; 2014-05-11, 03:29.
                    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                    (24/7)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Except RCKH1 ....from RCKH2~RCKH8 .... ALL DIYs....and only my friends & me use DIY antennas in Taiwan....



                      Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                      Is that all feeders in Kaohsiung using this amazing DIY antenna?

                      It seems the reception range of feeders in Kaohsiung is quite good and even better than us in Hong Kong as we don't know how to DIY...
                      ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
                      Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
                      APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
                      HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks a lot for your help !!


                        Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                        Let me do some Translation:

                        Pic1:
                        壓克力板 - Acrylic Sheet
                        銅片 - Copper Foil
                        內芯 - Internal Cylinder (Tube)
                        接地端小段 - Small Part of GROUND
                        去皮 - Without Skin
                        鋁箔部分 - Aluminium Foil Part
                        熱縮管 - Heat Shrink Tube
                        焊槍 - Welding Gun
                        線+頭 長度不限 - Wire+Plug, Unlimited Length

                        Pic2:
                        Fix the copper foil on Acrylic Sheet, hot melt glue is pasted behind the copper foil.
                        Using Insulating Tape to avoid displacement of copper foil after melting.

                        Pic3:
                        Weld 5C2V Internal Cylinder (Tube) on the copper foil
                        Try your best to weld it beyond boundary, to avoid data error

                        Pic4:
                        Weld the 3 beard

                        Pic5:
                        Connect Plug
                        Connect Copper Foil nearest
                        Each Internal Cylinder (Tube) connecting in series to get the best reception

                        Pic8:
                        Welding Point is covered with hot melt glue

                        Pic9:
                        Finally Heat Shrinkable Tube, FINISHED!!!

                        正面 - Front
                        背面 - Back
                        ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
                        Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
                        APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
                        HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fingsen View Post
                          Except RCKH1 ....from RCKH2~RCKH8 .... ALL DIYs....and only my friends & me use DIY antennas in Taiwan....
                          Oh i see...
                          Anyway I really thanks you guys can cover East Bound of Hong Kong FIR (Area between Shangtou, GuangDong and Dongsha Islands) in the past and in the future...
                          As the geographical issue, it's really difficult to set an omnidirectional ADS-B radar station in Hong Kong, especially East part of Hong Kong, so the coverage of South Eastern Part of Hong Kong is still not good...
                          T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                          (24/7)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No problem , we will work hard on this part in the future .....
                            ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
                            Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
                            APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
                            HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X