What is Kl601 doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Kl601 doing?

What is KL601 doing above Crand Canyon, enroute to Los Angeles?

kl601 8-5-14.jpg

Originally posted by DreCube View Post
    What is KL601 doing above Crand Canyon, enroute to Los Angeles?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4043[/ATTACH]
    Probably instructed by air traffic control to do some circle work (it's called holding) in order to arrive at LAX a bit later. Can't see the speed on your photo but the pilot may have been instructed to reduce it too. Very common procedure sometimes hundreds of miles away from busy airports.

Comment

With that being over the Grand Canyon, the pilot may have been trying to give everyone some good photo ops. I don't think it happens often, but my parents told me their plane did something similar over the Grand Canyon so everyone could see. If it's due to what airnrail said, then this was just a good place to do it.

Comment

Damm site better than some transatlantic BA flights to LHR that put in to Shannon because they're two early...

Comment

Very common to see aircraft in a holding pattern in Australia, mostly Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Most common holding pattern is what is known as the "racetrack".

Few aircraft, Melbourne bound, are in a holding pattern ATM.
          Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 7.17.09 PM.png
          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Alright, I thought about holding as well, but it seemed a bit far from LAX for me.
            But indeed, the views would be quite nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              Damm site better than some transatlantic BA flights to LHR that put in to Shannon because they're two early...
              Jeez that's a bit ordinary - how do you then get to LHR? Same plane or something domestic?

Comment

Same plane .... But it then comes in late.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X