No coverage above Atlantic Ocean ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No coverage above Atlantic Ocean ?

I remember a few months ago, I could follow aircrafts en route to the USA, all over the ocean until reaching Canada, now these days, most of the aircrafts vanish a few miles after Ireland, why ?

It sounds like you used to track planes shown in orange colour. That is FAA data with 5 min. delay. In settings you can enable or disable that option
    Further more, if plane flight path is more to the south, there is no coverage. No ads-b radar= no coverage
    More info in How it works
    Last edited by Amper; 2014-04-23, 11:24.
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
      It sounds like you used to track planes shown in orange colour. That is FAA data with 5 min. delay. In settings you can enable or disable that option
      Further more, if plane flight path is more to the south, there is no coverage. No ads-b radar= no coverage
      More info in How it works
      Altough everything is enabled, on this actual moment, I can see only 2 airplanes between Shanwick and Gander (northly routes)
      Most of the day you can see very few aircrafts in this region, its not that you cant see anything, but why do you only see 4 -5 aircrafts, when there are hundreds crossing the atlantic this region...

Comment

No ads-b radar= no coverage

Comment

Right now Planefinder are showing a swarm of 20-30 aircraft directly south of Iceland, down to the level of southern Ireland, 50% FAA data, FR24 have 7 and two (?)'s

Admitted FR24 have more south of Greenland.

Comment

yes but....
            pf.png

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              Right now Planefinder are showing a swarm of 20-30 aircraft directly south of Iceland, down to the level of southern Ireland, 50% FAA data, FR24 have 7 and two (?)'s

Admitted FR24 have more south of Greenland.
              I don't look at the Atlantic very often but I have noticed that in the past few weeks the number of FAA planes over the north Pacific seems to have also diminished. I used to be able to follow aircraft virtually all the way from Hawaii to Vancouver but now that coverage is very patchy. Might be the same effect that people are seeing over the Atlantic. Aircraft do not have to be ADS-B equipped to show up on the FAA feed - if they did there would be a much poorer coverage over north America because there are hundreds of unequipped airliners operating.

Comment

I'm in the Outer Hebrides and have had issues with my antenna for the last few months. Sometimes I would only get aircraft within 10 miles and after some messing with the connections that increased to 70 miles but it still wasn't good.
                I replaced the antenna this week and found the old one had water inside it. The new one is now giving a range of up to 200 mile into the North Atlantic again so I hope that makes a small difference to what you're seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebwx View Post
                  I'm in the Outer Hebrides and have had issues with my antenna for the last few months. Sometimes I would only get aircraft within 10 miles and after some messing with the connections that increased to 70 miles but it still wasn't good.
                  I replaced the antenna this week and found the old one had water inside it. The new one is now giving a range of up to 200 mile into the North Atlantic again so I hope that makes a small difference to what you're seeing.
                  It's made a difference - excellent work!

Comment

Working...
                  X