Need Help Understanding STATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Understanding STATS

Hello. Hope someone can give me some assistance on this. I have trouble understanding the Stats page. For example, how can I tell how many aircraft have actually been received by my system, etc?
    I will start this by attaching my Stats page and asking if someone would be kind enough to explain my Polar Plot, My Histogram, Aircraft Seen and Hits and Positions Reported.
    I really appreciate any assistance so I can use this data sensibly in the future. Cheers/Billishot-4046.jpg
    Last edited by p38p51; 2014-04-21, 03:41.

the bottom left tells you ( i assume here) how many unique aircraft were seen by you on that given day.

the long bars at the top going from left to right are data set for each of those days by clicking on the line it will show you the dataset for that day.

The radial chart is showing the concentration of data and in which direction (red part and darker is more). The blue line is the maximum range in that direction, if you click on the numbers at the bottom you can see it changes it. This could also give you clues to anything that's in the way hills etc.

Top right is showing you range against contacts. Depending on your location (unimpeded view) signal strength will indicate at what range most of the aircraft you picked up were at. go hand in with the previous graph without the directionality. So if you were close to a airfield i would see a good mix of close and far, if your along a flight corridor then consistent ranges away from you.

Finally bottom right will show and what times of days you see most of your aircraft and the ratio of contacts and positional information, i can see this one varying greatly among people as it will depends a lot on location. For example I'm not that far from Heathrow and Gatwick airport in the UK so its always super busy with big aircraft that are sending gps locations.

This is how i currently understand the graphs hope it helps.

stats.png
    Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-04-21, 07:28. Reason: Brains faster the fingers missing words, i'm sure theres more
    T-EGLF8

Comment

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
      For example, how can I tell how many aircraft have actually been received by my system, etc?
      You can see number of aircraft in upper right corner (text) and the chart at bottom left side (graph). Both are shown per day.

Comment

Thanks SpaxmoidJAm and Mike--appreciate all the help I can get on this. I will be asking more questions hopefully not only for my benefit but for others who may be having difficulties with this. I will list them in point form for clarification:

1 (AIRCRAFT SEEN)------What does AIRCRAFT 'SEEN' really mean? If I click on an aircraft in my vicinity and the 'Radar' indicator shows MY Ident, does that mean this will register as an 'aircraft seen' on my tally, whereas if I click on another aircraft and it shows the 'Radar' ident
        of ANOTHER station, this will NOT be an 'aircraft seen' on my tally?

(I will continue to go over the info you have posted so far to try and sort it out! Thanks again and I hope anyone will pop in with info on this. Cheers from Canada.

Comment

AIRCRAFT SEEN mean number of planes seen by your radar and has nothing to do with what you click. All stats is RADAR STATS!
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Thanks Amper, appreciate your input. Sometimes the hardest part of asking a question is explaining it properly! I realize it has nothing to do with what I click, I was only using that as a means of trying to understand all this.
            I assume then that Aircraft 'seen' are all signals that have been picked up by a stations antenna from overflights? Any elaboration on this is appreciated. cheers/Bill

Comment

What you feed from your receiver and what is seen on map are 2 completely different things.
              Statistics shows what you feed/upload - Map shows a mashup of data from many different sources.
              Some explanation has been done in this thread about how radar code is selected, but since that was written things have changed a bit.

Comment

Is this only available for F receivers? I've looked all places on FR24 for this info (as screenshots) and only get stats from running other stuff and assuming. Im only a T feeder, but raw data shows double+ what FR feeder software shows. Can i also get graphs etc from my uploads to FR24. I have been granted a premium account. Anyone can Help
                ???

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
                  Is this only available for F receivers? I've looked all places on FR24 for this info (as screenshots) and only get stats from running other stuff and assuming. Im only a T feeder, but raw data shows double+ what FR feeder software shows. Can i also get graphs etc from my uploads to FR24. I have been granted a premium account. Anyone can Help
                  ???
                  No, its an onboard tool with the F- receivers.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
                    ???
                    It was annonced some months back that it would become available for T-feeders within a few weeks. Apparently this has happende for Linux based T-feeders but not yet for windows based feeders.
                    Last edited by Kpin; 2014-04-22, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                      It was annonced some months back that if would become available for T-feeders within a few weeks. Apparently this has happende for Linux based T-feeders but not yet for windows based feeders.
                      If I recall correctly they are working on their own ads-b decoder software so they need not rely on Planeplotter/Kinetic SBS basestation/adsbscope/other 1090mhz softwares in order to reduce data errors. So I guess once that is released ( ?months) then that feature will be included.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        What you feed from your receiver and what is seen on map are 2 completely different things.
                        Statistics shows what you feed/upload - Map shows a mashup of data from many different sources.
                        Some explanation has been done in this thread about how radar code is selected, but since that was written things have changed a bit.
                        Thanks Mike, every little bit helps in understanding this. Will check out the link you attached also. Cheers/Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X