Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      Hi Edward, how is the going?
      "The"?
      ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
        "The"?
        'How is the going" is slang for "how is everything with you" .

Comment

• i am planning to move to Kuala Lumpur from Kota Bharu pretty soon..so what should i do with my callsign in FR24? should i just move to Kl as suggested and reinstall it there - Kuala Lumpur? have to as just received a final reminder letter from employer either accept the transfer or quit...
          Last edited by kucengemok; 2015-08-30, 05:53. Reason: update

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
            i am planning to move to Kuala Lumpur from Kota Bharu pretty soon..so what should i do with my callsign in FR24? should i just move to Kl as suggested and reinstall it there - Kuala Lumpur?
            I think Kota Bharu is special for FR24, there are 5 FR24 feeders from there. Best to contact support and see what they say. It might be that you package the kit and send it to another suitable host somewhere in Malaysia, just a guess.
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-08-28, 12:57.

Comment

• We have 6 + 1..wmkc6 is the latest...

Comment

• + 2 t-wkmc....will contact the support..my plan to move to kl is effective by the end of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  I think Kota Bharu is special for FR24, there are 5 FR24 feeders from there. Best to contact support and see what they say. It might be that you package the kit and send it to another suitable host somewhere in Malaysia, just a guess.
                  Kota Bahru is an important location - the intersection of Four (4) ATC Boundaries - Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Therefore, the more receivers there, the better. The MH370 saga is not forgotten yet.
                  F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                    + 2 t-wkmc....will contact the support..my plan to move to kl is effective by the end of this year.
                    all the best.

Comment

• mode s (mlat) has been down for several days now.

Comment

• F-WMKJ2 reporting in.

new receiver reactivated from a different location 35 km south of the original in central Johore. new location seems to offer much wider coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
                          F-WMKJ2 reporting in.

new receiver reactivated from a different location 35 km south of the original in central Johore. new location seems to offer much wider coverage.
                          Well done. Keep it up.

Comment

F-WMKJ2 reporting in.

Hello. Long time no see. Hope all is well. You must be pleased that the range has improved. Hope MLAT does too.

We are all occupied with our respective things in life... but I do check the forum time to time albeit much lesser than I used to be. There is much more things to learn and do apart from sticking to the monitor looking at FR24.

Comment

• Hi Captain,

thank you, all is fine. new location is 50m above sea level on a level plot of land with no obstruction. unit is solar powered too.

good thing about FR is once set up, it does the job without any further attention.

kind regards,

Comment

Hi Captain,

thank you, all is fine. new location is 50m above sea level on a level plot of land with no obstruction. unit is solar powered too.

good thing about FR is once set up, it does the job without any further attention.

kind regards,
                                You are the solar expert. Mind to elaborate how you set it up? ie solar panel wattage, batteries (SLA?) and inverter used? How does it get internet connection to upload the data? By a USB 3G modem?

At one point I was thinking of getting the FR24 set up running on solar only, but from my calculations the setup would cost me about 2 thousands plus so I scrapped it. Maybe I can see how you set up yours...
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-10-06, 12:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X