No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD means u originated from Pahang,am i right? as KC for Kelantam..hopefully it will the correct answer...hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      Wah!!! KB feeders boleh buat gathering. If your are travelling South, contact me in Kuantan
      sudah dengki la tu..don't worry u shall come and join us in such meeting...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
        sudah dengki la tu..don't worry u shall come and join us in such meeting...haha
        Tidak ada sebab mau dengki brother. If I am going KB I will contact you and If you come down to Kuantan can contact me.

Comment

• for the T receiver, i'm using outdoor adsb receiver mounted about 20m above ground (tower) next to south china sea without any obstruction.
          no, its not located within WMKN compound even I know some DCA personnel there..

F radar located somewhere else at lower height also not very far from the sea (of course not in WMKN compound), but maybe due to its
          hardware and antenna quality, it covers as much as T receiver is covering.. i'm start to wonder what to do with T receiver..

even though the receivers is in vicinity of WMKN, i'm base in kuala lumpur and ocassionally travel up to kuala terengganu to fullfill my work commitment.
          teh tarik is possible with advanced planning..

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
            I just submitted my second step form yesterday night, and today evening received an email from FR24 that my location is approved, and is arranging for delivery. Fast.
            Good news and congrats! Might take about 2 weeks to reach you but I might be wrong. If there is charges from custom do keep your receipt so you can notify support fr24. Hopefully your parents are both supportive in your venture into flight tracking. Let us know when the kit has arrived we will keep an eye after. Hoping you can overlap our coverage and go beyond me and Labuan's feed towards closer to pulau Natuna.

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            Tidak ada sebab mau dengki brother. If I am going KB I will contact you and If you come down to Kuantan can contact me.
            Indeed...

And location of all T/F/N receivers/feeders are kept private. Unless the feeder themselves reveal it. FR24 will not and it's a policy.

Originally posted by dinhat View Post
            for the T receiver, i'm using outdoor adsb receiver mounted about 20m above ground (tower) next to south china sea without any obstruction.
            no, its not located within WMKN compound even I know some DCA personnel there..

F radar located somewhere else at lower height also not very far from the sea (of course not in WMKN compound), but maybe due to its
            hardware and antenna quality, it covers as much as T receiver is covering.. i'm start to wonder what to do with T receiver..

even though the receivers is in vicinity of WMKN, i'm base in kuala lumpur and ocassionally travel up to kuala terengganu to fullfill my work commitment.
            teh tarik is possible with advanced planning..
            The T setup is doing good, much further into the sea and towards southern Vietnam I think. You adjusted the antenna? I suggest you can keep both running together for backup purposes, as well as the T setup is showing flights much further away, compared to F setup. Understandable as the FR24 receiver has a stricter rules for uploading of a/c position to avoid errors in position reporting/spikes in flight routes. Or you have other locations in mind for your own setup? I suppose you are also a ham operator? As you have access to tower? Yes the kit provided by fr24 is a good kit and optimised to work together. Good work by Gunther.

By the way your setup is a raspberry pi with ?dongle ?bulgarian adsb receiver? Or something else? If you don't mind telling us.

Wow you know some DCA personnel? That's good to have contacts like them... Might come in handy one day...

Hope you meet up with the feeders around there or KL, there's a few of them certainly at KL.
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-06, 05:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
              So now is the right time to start a Malaysia Radar thread! ( of course, New Zealand Radar is the source of reference! That is where I learnt a lot of stuffs from, from page 1!)!

If I start a "Singapore Radar Thread" - I will be talking to myself. LOL.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                Pare Birdie,

Please join in our Malaysia Radar thread. You are always welcome to share your thoughts and ideas here. We will make you an Honorary Member.

Comment

You never know. There are a few feeders in Sg. So they might say hello. Or perhaps people/feeders who are traveling to/transiting in Sg can drop a message there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                    Pare Birdie,

Please join in our Malaysia Radar thread. You are always welcome to share your thoughts and ideas here. We will make you an Honorary Member.
                    Pare ? huh ?
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• kucengemok,

do email me at: a z m i h a r at y a h o o . c o m . my

are your ham radio operator?

Comment

• Do you guys whether owned & hosting these kind of receive is legal in Malaysia?

You know how our government is...

Comment

Pare ? huh ?
                          Sorry mistaken identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
                            Do you guys whether owned & hosting these kind of receive is legal in Malaysia?

Many many years ago it was forbidden to own Radio receivers higher than 108mhz. The Ham operators are licensed and limited a certain band. It is an offence to transmit without a license other than a walkie-talkie with range limitation.
                            Not sure about ADS-B receivers. Anyway, with the dongle all frequency is in your finger tips.

Comment

• I think it still illegal...

Owned a usb SDR just like you have a radio scanner...

Anyway, biar pecah di perut, jangan pecah di mulut.. Malay said. Hehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
                                Do you guys whether owned & hosting these kind of receive is legal in Malaysia?

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                                Many many years ago it was forbidden to own Radio receivers higher than 108mhz. The Ham operators are licensed and limited a certain band. It is an offence to transmit without a license other than a walkie-talkie with range limitation.
                                Not sure about ADS-B receivers. Anyway, with the dongle all frequency is in your finger tips.
                                Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
                                I think it still illegal...

Owned a usb SDR just like you have a radio scanner...

Anyway, biar pecah di perut, jangan pecah di mulut.. Malay said. Hehehe
                                Let us not worry about this issue... let's just focus on improving coverage.

Of course, there are reports that suggest ads-b might be encrypted in the future... that will be a more pressing issue if it does happen. For the mean time, just sit back, and relax and enjoy FR24. I believe these kind of flight tracking website improves aviation safety, and for ordinary people, to be able to track the flight of their loved ones is helpful these days where a lot of things are just an app away, of course, that will depend on coverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X