Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Strange... when I log in to the FR24 receiver it says mode s down, but at the log display it does show planes being uploaded for MLAT. Anyone experiencing this?
    also today..right now..mode S is down according to the 'status'...

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
    ADS-B: connected,
    ModeS: down

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth
      By the way, to all Malaysian feeders, I'm collecting few data for my analysis. Anyone that would like to contribute, do email to me : weerutsrhidhara(at)gmail.com
      I'll need a radar ID (F-WMxxN or T-WMxxN), coordinates, sea level (can be obtained from FR24 receiver status), location (eg : Selayang, Selangor), Owner or Hoster's name and type of internet with speeds.
      For T-WMxxN hosters, it's also great if you could share your setup (eg : RTL Dongle + RasPi +Collinear Ant )
      The data will not be published to public, just for my research purpose.
      Thank you all
      what kind of research it is? a lot of info needed before sharing it with someone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
        Hi Ruth,

You are asking some sensitive questions. Dont think feeders will want to give away too much info.
        Yes, but it's ok for those who don't want to share the info. I do respect their privacy.
        The info will be used for coverage study.
        Thank you

Comment

• F-WMKN1 is now feeding. Range looks quite good.

Having problems accessing FR24 website whole afternoon. Wonder if it's my ISP connection or other links along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            F-WMKN1 is now feeding. Range looks quite good.

Having problems accessing FR24 website whole afternoon. Wonder if it's my ISP connection or other links along the way.
            Still you beat me to it! Just spotted it and checked the forum and you already posted. Keeping both T and F WMKN running the owner.

Hope you have some luck getting contacts for Kerteh Limpost.

Comment

• hi guys,

for those feeding using DVB-t dongle, what do you use for the antenna?
              whether the stock antenna comes with the dongle or you use different antenna.

yesterday i made my own dipole antenna using coaxial cable and the coverage seems improve tremendously, i think i will do it properly when i have free time.
              but the coverage seems very much sensitive to the location of the antenna as well ,i put it just outside the window in the back room which has distractions almost 360 degree (terrace house).

i need to find a sweet spot, even if i moved the antenna a few inches away, it affects the coverage tremendously.
              T-WMKK12

Comment

• Originally posted by faizalmzain View Post
                hi guys,

for those feeding using DVB-t dongle, what do you use for the antenna?
                whether the stock antenna comes with the dongle or you use different antenna.

yesterday i made my own dipole antenna using coaxial cable and the coverage seems improve tremendously, i think i will do it properly when i have free time.
                but the coverage seems very much sensitive to the location of the antenna as well ,i put it just outside the window in the back room which has distractions almost 360 degree (terrace house).

i need to find a sweet spot, even if i moved the antenna a few inches away, it affects the coverage tremendously.
                There is a very active best antenna thread in the hardware forum. There is a lot of posts though and it's quite difficult to sieve things through, but I think they quite advocate the 'cantenna' so I guess you can search that through the search bar. Dipole works good too and is simple to construct.

Is you would like to buy one you can google around 1090mhz antenna, the bulgarian one you can find on ebay and not too expensive, or the same one FR24 use is available on 1090mhz.com but quite expensive.

a bit of a video for your entertainment... http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post62602
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-04, 10:26.

Comment

• Wahh....

Now numbers of radar increase in Kelantan, Malaysia...

Good News...

Long time no logged in here

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
                    Wahh....

Now numbers of radar increase in Kelantan, Malaysia...

Good News...

Long time no logged in here
                    where are u from,boh? only three maaa...

ur modeS is also down????
                    Last edited by kucengemok; 2015-02-05, 03:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                      where are u from,boh? only three maaa...

ur modeS is also down????
                      Kota Bharu

down for now.

jom TT/Eyeball

Comment

Kota Bharu

down for now.

jom TT/Eyeball
                        your receiver in Pengkalan Chepa? - VKB? or KBR/WKMC? hok mano?

maybe next week boh in PC..near IPD PC..is it okay?

For kelantam..i am sure we have these:

1. F-WMKC1
                        2. F-WMKC2
                        3. F-WMKC3

hope to meet all these feeders...
                        Last edited by kucengemok; 2015-02-05, 04:40.

Comment

• Nope. Mine is F-WMKC1 nearly at KB town.

Jom set satu perjumpaan. Boleh kenal...

Comment

Nope. Mine is F-WMKC1 nearly at KB town.

Jom set satu perjumpaan. Boleh kenal...
                            so who is F-WMKC2? KB kaaa? which one is u from this map..mine is farthest to golok...

Kelantam Feeders.jpg

keno cari sore lagi..si F-WMKC2....

Comment

• hi all..

i was told by someone to check-in here to hv casual chat with other fr24 malaysian contributor.. i'm WMKN1 administrator.

has been on forum since T-WMKN1 active, but never posted any. so this is my 1st post. nice to meet you all.

regards

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
                                hi all..

i was told by someone to check-in here to hv casual chat with other fr24 malaysian contributor.. i'm WMKN1 administrator.

has been on forum since T-WMKN1 active, but never posted any. so this is my 1st post. nice to meet you all.

regards
                                Hello and good to know who manages the feed of WMKN1! You know we always says your range towards the sea is amazing! What is your setup like for your own T feed?

Comment

Working...
                                X