• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might need to strip off the new receiver, hehee

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
      SoCalBrian,

From the logs, software feeders feed at 5 seconds interval, FR24 receivers at 3 seconds interval.

But looking at my network port stats, i found that the FR24 receiver actually feeds at 10 seconds intervals.
      For the software feeders, varies anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds interval (variable).

Looking at my T-Feeder radarcape upload...

Feeder Status
      23.01.2015 21:59:35(G) [feed][c]Interval: 5s

Last 15 Messages
      25.01.2015 03:19:29(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:19:34(G) [i]Removed 6 of 93 AC
      25.01.2015 03:19:35(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:19:40(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:19:40(G) [feed][n]pinging the server
      25.01.2015 03:19:46(G) [feed][i]sent 81 planes in 3 packets
      25.01.2015 03:19:51(G) [feed][i]sent 74 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:19:57(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:20:02(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:20:07(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:20:13(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
      25.01.2015 03:20:18(G) [feed][i]sent 80 planes in 2 packets
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
        Looking at my T-Feeder radarcape upload...

Feeder Status
        23.01.2015 21:59:35(G) [feed][c]Interval: 5s

Last 15 Messages
        25.01.2015 03:19:29(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:19:34(G) [i]Removed 6 of 93 AC
        25.01.2015 03:19:35(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:19:40(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:19:40(G) [feed][n]pinging the server
        25.01.2015 03:19:46(G) [feed][i]sent 81 planes in 3 packets
        25.01.2015 03:19:51(G) [feed][i]sent 74 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:19:57(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:20:02(G) [feed][i]sent 78 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:20:07(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:20:13(G) [feed][i]sent 77 planes in 2 packets
        25.01.2015 03:20:18(G) [feed][i]sent 80 planes in 2 packets
        where are u at? east coast?

Comment

• West coast aka California Coast
          Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-01-25, 03:50.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

West coast aka California Coast
            err i thought u are Malaysian staying in Malaysia...

Comment

I always wonder if the FR24 Receiver box with Beaglebone White vs Beaglebone Black has the same Decoding speed/Uploading speed.

That would be some interesting lab tests!

what box can provide faster data to the server

FR24 Box with Beaglebone White hardware
              or
              FR24 Box with Beaglebone Black hardware.

?
              Ah yes I forgot the radarcape, and yes it will be registered as T-receivers but will contribute to MLAT.

Originally posted by Ruth View Post
              I might need to strip off the new receiver, hehee
              Shhh... FR24 of course don't want you to do that. Handle with care! It should be a Beaglebone Black (BBB). Mike said around Christmas time new receivers are indeed using the BBB in the Philippines thread.

Comment

• Hi from WBGR! Finally, I got my account verified a few days ago to join this discussion, don't know why Hotmail couldn't receive the verification email from FR24, so had to use Gmail instead, anyone had this problem too?

I can see from previous posts that my city have quite a bit of demand in getting a FR24 receiver. I'm actually interested in hosting a receiver since June last year, but I didn't gave too much thought that time. Now that I have already asked my parents, my mom said okay, but my Dad didn't quite express his interest on it. I'll have to get my Dad to have interest on this, so then he can install the antenna or ask someone to install it, as if you've checked my biography, I'm not in a state to install it or monitor the installation by myself. I'll try to apply after I got my Dad to have interest in it, not sure if my location would be optimal or not though.

But before that, I have a little bit of queries, what's the difference between F, T & N (which I saw in Amsterdam and several other places) feeders? Is it just different devices as mentioned in previous posts where F is FR24 box and T is Radarcape? What about N? Sorry if I'm asking the obvious. Thanks! =)
                ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
                  Hi from WBGR! Finally, I got my account verified a few days ago to join this discussion, don't know why Hotmail couldn't receive the verification email from FR24, so had to use Gmail instead, anyone had this problem too?

I can see from previous posts that my city have quite a bit of demand in getting a FR24 receiver. I'm actually interested in hosting a receiver since June last year, but I didn't gave too much thought that time. Now that I have already asked my parents, my mom said okay, but my Dad didn't quite express his interest on it. I'll have to get my Dad to have interest on this, so then he can install the antenna or ask someone to install it, as if you've checked my biography, I'm not in a state to install it or monitor the installation by myself. I'll try to apply after I got my Dad to have interest in it, not sure if my location would be optimal or not though.

But before that, I have a little bit of queries, what's the difference between F, T & N (which I saw in Amsterdam and several other places) feeders? Is it just different devices as mentioned in previous posts where F is FR24 box and T is Radarcape? What about N? Sorry if I'm asking the obvious. Thanks! =)
                  Hello and welcome to the forum and this malaysia thread.

For radar codes, it is often asked and I recall socalbrian has a reference to it but I forgot where. Basically,
                  1) F radars are fr24 supplied receivers. It is based on the radarcape, the software is tailor made for fr24 to allow control of the receivers. The fr24 kit is shown at the apply for host equipment url.

2) T radar/feeders are feeders who volunteer their feed with their own adsb kit. This ranges from RTL dongles, Airspy, mode s beast, kinetic sbs 3 / puck to the radarcape.

3) N radar are feeds from sbs owners mainly at Europe if I recall correctly. They have been present for the early days of fr24 but I might be wrong.

You could have a look at 1090mhz.com or the kinetic sbs website to find out more about them. Cheapest set up is RTL dongle connected to laptop or raspberry pi But you need the antenna placed outside where it can see more of the sky and stay clear of obstructions/trees.

As you stated, it is better that your dad understands what it is all about, as you will need his help for setting up the antenna. You can use www.heywhatsthat.com to estimate your range from your location.

Good luck!
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-25, 10:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                    Hi Alex,

Long time no news. Yes, plenty of F-feeders now. In Alor Star got-2. Kota Baru-3 Subang-4 KLIA-3. MLAT is also very good.
                    yup... i seen alot of them now...
                    WMKA seem got a very good coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Hi Alex, long time no hear from you indeed.

Here is a list of feeders for South East Asia which I maintain, there will be mistakes or delays time to time as I have other priorities to attend to, especially family and work.

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post27842
                      ya... been bz with work...
                      less time to online at forum

Comment

• To F-WMSA4,

You have a heck of a coverage! :O
                        Hope to see pics of your antenna location and its surroundings!

Comment

• Greetings to all feeders. This is T-WMKP3 reporting.

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                          Great. Think that it is for now.

F-WMKA1 spotted indeed...

Maybe we should try to get T-WMKP3 onboard with FR24 kit. Might ask Olov. The coverage from T-WMKP3 is quite good too.

Haven't spotted the rest online yet. Perhaps soon. And I am also keeping an eye on WMKN...

As for Sarawak, my Kuching lead has gone cold. Quite a challenge for getting better coverage in Sarawak.

Oh, on a brighter side, Tawau will also have a FR24 receiver soon. It was approved on new year eve. When the time is right, Lahad Datu should also have one. But that is still a distant away.
                          ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post
                            Greetings to all feeders. This is T-WMKP3 reporting.
                            Hello viista,

very.. and i mean VERY long time no see.

If you have read most of the posts you should gather that FR24 is expanding MLAT over here, so if you are keen to host a FR24 receiver you can apply via the host equipment page and also send olov an email. Then he will evaluate. Hope you drop by often!
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-29, 09:40.

Comment

• All right, fyi, I just sent my application a few minutes ago.

By the way, if my application gets approved, will FR24 receiver be mailed to home directly or......?
                              ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
                                All right, fyi, I just sent my application a few minutes ago.

By the way, if my application gets approved, will FR24 receiver be mailed to home directly or......?
                                Hi Edward93,

The application takes 2 stages. I assume you have completed the first just now. You will get a response for further information in a few days or earlier depending. Then you will need to attach pictures of your proposed place for antenna installation as well as the views from that location - North South East West, and some other details like your address and internet speed etc all which will be found at the link when you get the email from FR24 for further information.

Comment

Working...
                                X