No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like another black day for aviation....

Was cruising at FL320.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
      Looks like another black day for aviation....

Was cruising at FL320.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...k-axc/#5240449
      That is just after F-WARR2 range, which itself offers fantastic range around the Java Sea from around Surabaya. Frustrating... I am sure Olov/FR24 team will be as keen as I to increase coverage at this part of the world. At least loved ones can really track the flights of their loved ones, without lost of coverage. ??might improve aviation tracking and safety??
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-28, 09:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
        Correct! WMKI, WMSA/WMKK and WMKM coverage will improve!
        Thanks Olov
        Great.. I was wondering whether the third site was WMKI. Thanks for notifying them to email Olov, Ruth.

And now for hoping for more news about QZ8501 PK-AXC... didn't switch off its transponder and flew to somewhere else I hope.

Comment

• If your request to join Malaysia FR24 FB group is too long too approve please sent a PM to me, as I only put the priority to feeders only. Welcome on board Mr Who

Comment

• Malaysia Airlines 9M-MSJ B738 NO CALLSIGN 30-12-14 0000UTC to 0500UTC, FR24 playback.

I noticed this aircraft with no callsign around 10-ish am today. And now for the rant.

This is a routine flight from KUL-BKI-KUL. I find it annoying that the air crews failed to input the callsign of the aircraft. Not only 1 leg, but both! This hinders those who would like to track their loved ones's flight, especially in this sensitive time. On a bigger picture, if they failed to input the aircraft's callsign into the system, what else have they forgot? Anything. I know there is a checklist... but hello??? AirAsia crews always have their call signs inputted, sometimes there is an error like AXXM xxxx (AXM is the correct callsign) but we still can figure out what flight is that. But No callsign? It doesn't don't look good these days. Has lessons been learnt? There still seems to be some gap in aviation safety in this part of the world.

callsign for the BKI-KUL flight was MAS2605 - from liveatc.

Images attached:

9M-MSJ 30-12-14 0001UTC No callsign.jpg
            Departure from KUL

9M-MSJ 30-12-14 0150UTC no callsign.jpg
            BKI approach

9M-MSJ 30-12-14 0245UTC.jpg
            Departure from BKI

9M-MSJ 30-12-14 -0504 UTC no callsign.jpg
            KUL approach
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-30, 13:11.

Comment

Looks like another black day for aviation....

Was cruising at FL320.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...k-axc/#5240449
              40 bodies found and some flew into Surabaya for identification.

Correction at 00.30 hrs : Only 3 bodies recovered.
              Last edited by Birdie; 2014-12-30, 16:22.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                Condolences to the family and friends of those on board. There is at least closure.

May the souls of the dearly departed rest in peace. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                  so sad, another bad day in aviation, condolences to the family, relatives and friends. Rest in peace.

Great news is 3 new receiver is on it way to Malaysia, confirmed by hosters. WMKA, WMKI and WMSA

Comment

• approve me. FB : Muhammad Fathi Khalid
                    T-WMKP6

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberflyz View Post
                      approve me. FB : Muhammad Fathi Khalid
                      T-WMKP6
                      approved!

An update, 2 parcel (WMSA and WMKI) is safely arrived today. Hope to see them online soon! Shipped on Dec 29 arrived today, very fast

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberflyz View Post
                        approve me. FB : Muhammad Fathi Khalid
                        T-WMKP6
                        Hello cyberflyz,

Please send an email to olov.lindberg@gmail.com , your application number #xxxxxx as well that will help make things easier for Olov.

There is no guarantee that an email to olov = approval to host a FR24 kit. Good/decent location is key. But yes, why not give him an email and see what happens.

Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                        approved!

An update, 2 parcel (WMSA and WMKI) is safely arrived today. Hope to see them online soon! Shipped on Dec 29 arrived today, very fast
                        I wonder why it is so quick these days. and no need for sirim application like we did initially. But that is great news, as you say hope to see them online soon. Good work Ruth for informing them. We should see WMKN having a FR24 receiver sometime in January after the floods has subsided and the area is safe. Should improve MLAT.

Happy New Year to all!

Comment

• 4 new receiver safely arrived at feeders. F-WMKA1, WMKI, WMSA and WMKM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                            4 new receiver safely arrived at feeders. F-WMKA1, WMKI, WMSA and WMKM.
                            Great. Think that it is for now.

F-WMKA1 spotted indeed...

Maybe we should try to get T-WMKP3 onboard with FR24 kit. Might ask Olov. The coverage from T-WMKP3 is quite good too.

Haven't spotted the rest online yet. Perhaps soon. And I am also keeping an eye on WMKN...

As for Sarawak, my Kuching lead has gone cold. Quite a challenge for getting better coverage in Sarawak.

Oh, on a brighter side, Tawau will also have a FR24 receiver soon. It was approved on new year eve. When the time is right, Lahad Datu should also have one. But that is still a distant away.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-03, 01:22.

Comment

• Nice work guys/gals!
                              Great to see lots of new receivers in Malaysia!

I agree East Malaysia needs a few more!
                              WMKD1 was doing very well, coming into my territory!
                              (However seems offline at this time of posting)
                              So I decided to up my ante on New Year's Day!

Comment

Nice work guys/gals!
                                Great to see lots of new receivers in Malaysia!

I agree East Malaysia needs a few more!
                                WMKD1 was doing very well, coming into my territory!
                                (However seems offline at this time of posting)
                                So I decided to up my ante on New Year's Day!
                                Nowadays with so many receivers, everyone is invading into each others territories.
                                Star Wars in progress. Hahahahaha....
                                Good for MLAT. Can see quite a few aircraft on MLAT.
                                My receiver is on all the time but sometimes the streamyx link goes off for a few minutes and comes back on again.
                                Looking forward to linking up with the 4 new host.

Comment

Working...
                                X