Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Lindberg,

I don't know whether this suggestion is feasible or not as it could get quite complicated, but FR24 does send receivers to airports that has applied around the world. Given FR24 company's present position in airline/commercial aviation tracking, I wonder whether approaching Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad (MAHB) to enquire whether they would like to host receivers for airports in Malaysia a feasible way? Not sure whether Department of Civil Aviation (DCA)'s approval is needed to host the receiver in the airport. If it does then paperwork might bog things down. Thoughts?

(If my local airport - WBKK does apply I am happy to give up the FR24 receiver with me and send it to them!)
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-11-24, 23:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Mr Lindberg,

I don't know whether this suggestion is feasible or not as it could get quite complicated, but FR24 does send receivers to airports that has applied around the world. Given FR24 company's present position in airline/commercial aviation tracking, I wonder whether approaching Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad (MAHB) to enquire whether they would like to host receivers for airports in Malaysia a feasible way? Not sure whether Department of Civil Aviation (DCA)'s approval is needed to host the receiver in the airport. If it does then paperwork might bog things down. Thoughts?

(If my local airport - WBKK does apply I am happy to give up the FR24 receiver with me and send it to them!)
      Will certainly look into it. Don't worry about your receiver either way, I would want to keep that one too. Do you have any contacts at WBKK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
        Will certainly look into it. Don't worry about your receiver either way, I would want to keep that one too. Do you have any contacts at WBKK?
        Unfortunately no contacts there. I wish I do.

Do drop us a message here if we can be of any assistance.

Comment

• Another receiver station will be up soon. Received today the shipment from FR24. Hope to get it up and running within this few days. Weather permitting.

20141128_152709.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            Another receiver station will be up soon. Received today the shipment from FR24. Hope to get it up and running within this few days. Weather permitting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5098[/ATTACH]
            Wait... how many weeks.. correction, days before that you got the email to host!? less than four? That's VERY fast. and considering you do not need to apply for SIRIM and custom clearance docs, straight to you!! Lucky you! Hope more people at good locations around Malaysia will apply!
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-11-28, 08:15.

Comment

• I like the color of the network cable

Comment

Wait... how many weeks.. correction, days before that you got the email to host!? less than four? That's VERY fast. and considering you do not need to apply for SIRIM and custom clearance docs, straight to you!! Lucky you! Hope more people at good locations around Malaysia will apply!
                I can't believe it myself. Shipped on 26/11 from Germany and arrived at my location on 28/11 PM. Fantastic job by DHL. The best part is no problems Customs or Sirim. Arranging for an ASTRO installer to climb up to the top of my house roof to put up antenna. That would be about 10-12 metres high. Well above the surrounding roofs. Will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I like the color of the network cable
                  Ah!!!! Mike, The Pink Panther.....LOL

Comment

I can't believe it myself. Shipped on 26/11 from Germany and arrived at my location on 28/11 PM. Fantastic job by DHL. The best part is no problems Customs or Sirim. Arranging for an ASTRO installer to climb up to the top of my house roof to put up antenna. That would be about 10-12 metres high. Well above the surrounding roofs. Will keep you guys updated on the progress.
                    oh Astro guy, perhaps the better peoples to deal with raising an antenna. keep us posted...

I will see what I can do to get my colleagues in Kudat to keep the receiver - if they are ok and I apply. Problem is they are not based there permanently.. need to work on that.

Comment

oh Astro guy, perhaps the better peoples to deal with raising an antenna. keep us posted...

I will see what I can do to get my colleagues in Kudat to keep the receiver - if they are ok and I apply. Problem is they are not based there permanently.. need to work on that.
                      Why don't you give a phone call to the Air Traffic Controller in Kudat. Talk to him and convince him to install one. If not in the tower at least in his house. He should understand what FR24 is all about.

Comment

Took 2 days for mine to get delivered back in July too.
                        Remember to use the self amalgamating tape on the antenna connector!
                        Putting it high up? Not afraid of the lightning? I'm still scared sh*t and have not put mine way up yet...

Comment

Why don't you give a phone call to the Air Traffic Controller in Kudat. Talk to him and convince him to install one. If not in the tower at least in his house. He should understand what FR24 is all about.
                          I have no contacts there. AIP only provide contacts for WBKK,WBKS,WBKW and WBKD (KK, Sandakan, Tawau, Lahad Datu). And who to speak to? lol? I am only an ordinary lay person. better write. I think Kudat has no full time tower service. I wonder whether there is internet at the airport or not lol. Only MasWings Twin Otters operate to there. Which by the way hopefully the report of that MasWing crash just more than a year ago will be published by DCA soon.
                          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-11-29, 00:09.

Comment

• is it possible the antenna will be striked by lightning???

Comment

• so u do like pink color??

Comment

• How much do u pay that guy??

Comment

Working...
                                X