Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Slow internet connections. We are looking for a new server location.
    Thanks Mike for the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Hi Limpost, no not yet back to normality work is still ongoing. Maybe need another week or two to get it back. You will know it is back to normal when wbkk4 is showing a/c taking the MNL-SIN route. Sounds like you had a busy trip!

How is your venture into air band? Better reception with antenna outside?
      Its was a good and busy trip indeed. Sorry did not contact you. I am getting good range on the Air Band. Aircraft reporting overhead VKB and high level over WMKK. Local ground traffic is also readable.
      Last edited by Limpost; 2014-09-11, 06:26. Reason: re-write sentence for clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
        Its was a good and busy trip indeed. Sorry did not contact you. I am getting good range on the Air Band. Aircraft reporting overhead VKB and high level over WMKK. Local ground traffic is also readable.
        Oh good.. that must be quite satisfying. Which type did you make? The one with a connector then 4 'legs' and 1 centre rod coming up from the middle of the connector?

Comment

Hello and welcome WMKC1. Ah right so that's why your feed goes off time to time.. now seems to be better. Thanks.

FR24 will not reveal the host and their location as per policy. I am sure the host will drop by to say hello here one day. That's why we have this thread here.

Still a very heavy heart... and seeing our national flag at half mast, is a feeling I can't put into words. Lots of condolences and message on this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/aflyguyslounge
          at least I feel a bit comforted reading from it. With tears flowing...

Back Online since few weeks back... I hope my feed it OK.

Comment

Oh good.. that must be quite satisfying. Which type did you make? The one with a connector then 4 'legs' and 1 centre rod coming up from the middle of the connector?
            Just made a 1/4 wave dipole from old TV antenna elements as my trial piece. It is working well. I have not put it up at its proposed height yet. I am hoping that FR24 will approve their box so that I can co-locate them together at the best height possible. In the mean time I might experiment with other type of antenna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
              Just made a 1/4 wave dipole from old TV antenna elements as my trial piece. It is working well. I have not put it up at its proposed height yet. I am hoping that FR24 will approve their box so that I can co-locate them together at the best height possible. In the mean time I might experiment with other type of antenna.
              Oh that's a good way to make your antenna up from. Getting local traffic down to ground must be good. Even it is not at its final position reception sounds good by what you described.

No idea what plans FR24 has for a/a few receiver(s) over that part of Semenanjung. The Pulau Tioman feeder (F-WMBT1) seems to have disappeared after feeding a short while. Either it is entirely at the background or not feeding at all only FR24 will know and we could only guess. T-WMKN1 has very very good range those which is impressive! Must be very close to the sea for fantastic line of sight I guess.
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-09-12, 22:30.

Comment

• just got my dvb-t dongle and feeding to fr24. T-WMKP6.
                will be 24/7 when i buy raspberry pi or make a new pc for feeding.

Comment

• Thanks for feeding data from your area.
                  Feel free to report your new feeder code in the "New Feeder Spotted" thread.

I have just noticed a new feeder in the USA covering parts of the states of Colorado, Texas and Tennessee all with the feeding code T-FAX. Any info on this/these feeders?
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberflyz View Post
                    just got my dvb-t dongle and feeding to fr24. T-WMKP6.
                    will be 24/7 when i buy raspberry pi or make a new pc for feeding.
                    Hello and welcome to this thread cyberflyz.

Sounds like a good plan, if you do need a new PC 24/7 then you could get one or if not and you want low power consumption the Rpi is the way forward. There are info available in this forum and also check the technical matters/hardware thread which I am sure you perhaps have already looked into. Penang has been one of the earliest area (the other, Subang) with a feed from Malaysia, with T-WMKP1-3 uploading. The feeds has been online for most of the time and rarely goes offline. Though these days I only tend to see WMKP2&3 and not 1 anymore. Quite a few FR24 receivers around the region so perhaps that explains why I don't see WMKP1 anymore.

Any questions you know where to ask! all the best.

Comment

Hello and welcome to this thread cyberflyz.

Sounds like a good plan, if you do need a new PC 24/7 then you could get one or if not and you want low power consumption the Rpi is the way forward. There are info available in this forum and also check the technical matters/hardware thread which I am sure you perhaps have already looked into. Penang has been one of the earliest area (the other, Subang) with a feed from Malaysia, with T-WMKP1-3 uploading. The feeds has been online for most of the time and rarely goes offline. Though these days I only tend to see WMKP2&3 and not 1 anymore. Quite a few FR24 receivers around the region so perhaps that explains why I don't see WMKP1 anymore.

Any questions you know where to ask! all the best.
                      thanks all i need now is just a pc and a new antenna since i can't see T-WMKP6 on FR24

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberflyz View Post
                        thanks all i need now is just a pc and a new antenna since i can't see T-WMKP6 on FR24
                        Hope you wont get too obsessed with radarcode on FR24. FR24 is for plane spotting and not radar code spotting. If you pursue radar code spotting you might end up quite disappointed despite your efforts. Just enjoy having near real time a/c showing up on your monitor, much faster than FR24.

Comment

Hope you wont get too obsessed with radarcode on FR24. FR24 is for plane spotting and not radar code spotting. If you pursue radar code spotting you might end up quite disappointed despite your efforts. Just enjoy having near real time a/c showing up on your monitor, much faster than FR24.
                          yeah. i know. thanks btw.

Comment

• Cyberflz,

Welcome! Ask long as your feeder program is reporting A/C and network is OK, everything is working.
                            Don't be so worried about your radar code not showing up.
                            FR24 uses the latest ADS-B signal received (from everyone) and does not place importance on the radar code.
                            From what I understand, they have considered removing the radar code display.

I was initially wondering why mine doesn't show up but I'm not bothered anymore.
                            As long feeds are running and I could view aircrafts, that's all I really need.

I'm here to spot aircrafts, not radars.

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
                              Cyberflz,

Welcome! Ask long as your feeder program is reporting A/C and network is OK, everything is working.
                              Don't be so worried about your radar code not showing up.
                              FR24 uses the latest ADS-B signal received (from everyone) and does not place importance on the radar code.
                              From what I understand, they have considered removing the radar code display.

I was initially wondering why mine doesn't show up but I'm not bothered anymore.
                              As long feeds are running and I could view aircrafts, that's all I really need.

I'm here to spot aircrafts, not radars.
                              thanks. good info for me as newbie

Comment

• 20140913_060140.jpg

Hey guys. Anyone know what they're doing early in the morning here in SZB?

Comment

Working...
                                X