Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220814 NMD.jpg

MAS6129 9M-MPS departed AMS and bound for KUL with some of the victims of MH17. You are coming home...

Another MAS 747 bound for AMS presumably for the return trip on Sunday.

22/8/14 National Mourning Day, let us spare our thoughts and prayers for those on board MH17...

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      Hello Alex, good to hear from you. What is the progress on your Air Band installation?
      not really work out on that...
      plan to get a walkie for airband...

Comment

• Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
        not really work out on that...
        plan to get a walkie for airband...
        I am using the R820T dongle and its working well. The antenna is just outside my 1st floor window. Have not moved it yet to the top of my roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          I too was wondering... but guess he has been tied up with work or other stuffs so perhaps not much progress for that?

Long time no hear indeed Alex, hope all is ok.

Edit: 1723hours MYT 0923UTC it seems there is some FR24 server problem... can only wait and see.
          ya didnt work out on that airband thing....
          FR24 receiver sometime need a reboot....

Comment

I am using the R820T dongle and its working well. The antenna is just outside my 1st floor window. Have not moved it yet to the top of my roof.
            ya no idea to DIY a antenna for it...
            any idea?

Comment

ya no idea to DIY a antenna for it...
              any idea?

Lots of discussions going on about home brew antennas here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna (start from the end work backwards since that thread is about 1500 posts). The issue is coming up with a simple repeatable antenna for DIY that doesn't need special gear to 'tune'.

Of course you could get a commercial one like mine (see my sig)

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                Lots of discussions going on about home brew antennas here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna (start from the end work backwards since that thread is about 1500 posts). The issue is coming up with a simple repeatable antenna for DIY that doesn't need special gear to 'tune'.

Of course you could get a commercial one like mine (see my sig)
                is it for airband ?
                thx for the share...

Comment

is it for airband ?
                  thx for the share...
                  did we not discuss air band antenna before Alex? should be a few pages plus back here.

Comment

• Due to some repair works to be done, I have moved the FR24 antenna to a temporary location which is under the roof and at a much lower height, so range would be reduced (FR24 support is notified). T-WBKK4 is totally down until all works are done. F-WBKL1 is covering most part though so overall range should be more or less the same.
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-08-24, 03:12.

Comment

Due to some repair works to be done, I have moved the FR24 antenna to a temporary location which is under the roof and at a much lower height, so range would be reduced (FR24 support is notified). T-WBKK4 is totally down until all works are done. F-WBKL1 is covering most part though so overall range should be more or less the same.
                      Is your Station still down? Dont see your code. Will be on board MH2626 on Thursday KL/KK.

Comment

Is your Station still down? Dont see your code. Will be on board MH2626 on Thursday KL/KK.
                        Hi Limpost,

FR24 kit is running with reduced range but low coverage and ground for WBKK is still showing by it. Lots of rain lately (heavy rain now) in KK but night flight should be ok... enjoy your trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                          F-WMSA3 OFFLINE since Aug 10, 1700hrs due to static on network port, the receiver is 'looking' fine, but not feeding to the servers, and my router cannot detect it ..hihih
                          Hi Ruth, any updates on your receiver? Waiting for a replacement unit to arrive?

On the other hand F-WMKK2 is showing a bit more ground traffic and ranges seems to be further. Don't know whether it's my observation error or not though...

I wonder what happened to MLAT trial for Peninsular Malaysia and its surrounding neighbours.

Comment

I wonder what happened to MLAT trial for Peninsular Malaysia and its surrounding neighbours.
                            Slow internet connections. We are looking for a new server location.

Comment

Hi Limpost,

FR24 kit is running with reduced range but low coverage and ground for WBKK is still showing by it. Lots of rain lately (heavy rain now) in KK but night flight should be ok... enjoy your trip!
                              NBR,

Notice your F-station is showing long range. Antenna re-installed? Did not have internet access while away.

Comment

NBR,

Notice your F-station is showing long range. Antenna re-installed? Did not have internet access while away.
                                Hi Limpost, no not yet back to normality work is still ongoing. Maybe need another week or two to get it back. You will know it is back to normal when wbkk4 is showing a/c taking the MNL-SIN route. Sounds like you had a busy trip!

How is your venture into air band? Better reception with antenna outside?

Comment

Working...
                                X