No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would classify Pulau Tioman airfield with Kudat airfield in Sabah. Maybe slightly bigger.

Comment

• WMBT? That's a good location!

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
        was trying to wire up my new antenna feed recently using low loss LMR cable.

when plug in the cable connector, i see no signal and realised the FR24 receiver uses SMA instead of the standard RP SMA connector. sigh..wasted all the effort of getting up the roof etc.

any one here uses low loss cable?
        Cut a piece of wire, insert it into the FR24 receiver antenna hole. connect your RP SMA and it should do the job.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
          Cut a piece of wire, insert it into the FR24 receiver antenna hole. connect your RP SMA and it should do the job.
          That's a neat trick!
          Learned something new today!
          Even though I'm not the one facing the problem but good to know!
          THANKS!!!

Comment

• guys, mayday.

can no longer ping my receiver after setting it to fix ip. how can i reach the console using mac address etc? how do i factory reset it?

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
              guys, mayday.

can no longer ping my receiver after setting it to fix ip. how can i reach the console using mac address etc? how do i factory reset it?
              Startomatic, please send support@fr24.com an email about it. This is their preferred method of communication anything related to their box.

(I am very sure you already tried the old fashion way of plugging it off and plugging power back and try to connect to the receiver, and that didn't resolve your problem.)
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-07-15, 14:47.

Comment

• thks. had done tht.

Comment

• Malaysians waking up to learn of another MAS aircraft involved in a crash is faraway Ukraine. Such a sad day for all Aviation Enthusiast and Malaysians. May god bless the souls of all those on board.

Comment

• @Limpost
                    > Malaysians waking up to learn of another MAS aircraft involved in a crash is faraway Ukraine.

Actually, flight MH17 crashed well within the borders of Russia, between the cities of Shakhty and Novocherkassk, according to the flight data stored on our very own FR24 server. (Explains why Mr. Putin's soldiers were able to grab the flight black boxes and rush them quickly to Moscow).
                    mas17-17July2014.jpg
                    T-KMLB3: R820T2/RPi/FR24FEED 1/4-wave ground plane antenna with amp @EL98pa

Comment

• was with FR24 support on team viewer this early morning when i caught the bad news. indeed a sad day for most of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by af4ex View Post
                        @Limpost
                        > Malaysians waking up to learn of another MAS aircraft involved in a crash is faraway Ukraine.

Actually, flight MH17 crashed well within the borders of Russia, between the cities of Shakhty and Novocherkassk, according to the flight data stored on our very own FR24 server. (Explains why Mr. Putin's soldiers were able to grab the flight black boxes and rush them quickly to Moscow).
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4397[/ATTACH]
                        Hi af4ex,

All reports in the news media point to the plane crashing in the Eastern Ukraine not Russia. Wonder why is this so?

Comment

• Originally posted by af4ex View Post
                          @Limpost

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4397[/ATTACH]
                          The screenshot is not correct. It's based on estimated data if coverage would not have been lost. We have "live" data on our web page.
                          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            The screenshot is not correct. It's based on estimated data if coverage would not have been lost. We have "live" data on our web page.
                            http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/#3d6095b
                            Thanks Mike for correcting the misinformation.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                              Good spot Ruth. One of your ham radio friends? Ground traffic for Senai Airport now and range looks good. Happy days. Still got 2 more receivers for Malaysia to be activated.

Perhaps one more receiver around Kuantan/Pahang area and if F-WMKC1 can go online full
                              time MLAT at peninsular Malaysia and Southern Thailand should be feasible. Hopefully the internet speed is fast enough to support MLAT.
                              yes..

F-WMKC1 full time online.... except sometimes ISP problem... :-)

Comment

• So Mike,

Who is WMKC2?

Comment

Working...
                                X