No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see two more shipments of FR24 receivers to Malaysia for this week's shipping list!

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
      I see two more shipments of FR24 receivers to Malaysia for this week's shipping list!
      admin should get them into the forum for tips to speedily get the importation procedure done right.

too many wheels being reinvented sometime dealing these "officials".

Comment

I see two more shipments of FR24 receivers to Malaysia for this week's shipping list!
        Yup... and once they are activated we will have an idea where they are, and whether it will help on MLAT at Semenanjung.

Quite a few to Philippines too! 3!

Not bad range for the feeder from Makassar, Indonesia. Finally a feeder from there, covering ground too which is fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Yup... and once they are activated we will have an idea where they are, and whether it will help on MLAT at Semenanjung.

Quite a few to Philippines too! 3!

Not bad range for the feeder from Makassar, Indonesia. Finally a feeder from there, covering ground too which is fantastic.
          Yup! Quite a few to PH too!
          And yeah, wonder if MLAT will improve around Peninsula Malaysia. Will all these new receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
            admin should get them into the forum for tips to speedily get the importation procedure done right.

too many wheels being reinvented sometime dealing these "officials".
            Any tips from you on this?
            Wait, did you explain your experience on this already? I kinda recalled something like that (haven't gone back to check).

Comment

• Interesting plane this morning (BLOCKED).

ICAO 4242F0
              FL: 47000. I've not seen such heights before!

unknown-4242f0.png

Some of the decoded data.

MSG,5,111,11111,4242F0,111111,2014/07/09,08:10:45.598,2014/07/09,08:10:45.564,,47000,,,,,,,0,,0,0
              MSG,4,111,11111,4242F0,111111,2014/07/09,08:10:45.637,2014/07/09,08:10:45.624,,,447,163,,,0,,,,,0
              MSG,6,111,11111,4242F0,111111,2014/07/09,08:10:46.425,2014/07/09,08:10:46.412,VPBMG ,,,,,,,3640,0,0,0,0

Traced down to this.
              Last edited by who; 2014-07-09, 00:49.

Comment

• Could be gulf stream aircraft flying over your area.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                  Could be gulf stream aircraft flying over your area.
                  I believe it's a Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000 GLEX, after searching for more info...

Comment

• Anyone see T-MLAT5 showing these days? I don't seem to see any.

WMKJ1 down for a few days now hopefully it will be back soon hope to hear from you Ruth if there is any update.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Anyone see T-MLAT5 showing these days? I don't seem to see any.

WMKJ1 down for a few days now hopefully it will be back soon hope to hear from you Ruth if there is any update.
                      No sign of T-MLAT5 lately. Contacted FR24 support, I am still on the waiting list. Anyway my airband is receiving passing aircraft. Still need to find a mcx plug for the antenna cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                        No sign of T-MLAT5 lately. Contacted FR24 support, I am still on the waiting list. Anyway my airband is receiving passing aircraft. Still need to find a mcx plug for the antenna cable.
                        Good to know you have some luck now. You made an antenna tuned to air band?

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                          Did you get the 'Action Required - Second Step' email?
                          I do know it can get approved as fast as 2 days after the above is submitted and equipment received in a week after approval.

I guess it's like property, location location location.
                          If it's a good location (proximity to high traffic, view of sky, etc) I'm sure they will approve.

Which pigtail are you looking for? For the dongle's MCX to..? SMA? BNC? N?

Comment

Did you get the 'Action Required - Second Step' email?
                            I do know it can get approved as fast as 2 days after the above is submitted and equipment received in a week after approval.

I guess it's like property, location location location.
                            If it's a good location (proximity to high traffic, view of sky, etc) I'm sure they will approve.

Which pigtail are you looking for? For the dongle's MCX to..? SMA? BNC? N?
                            Completed the second step. Now on waiting list. As you say its location and I am right under intersection of major airways.
                            Antenna Coaxial cable input to dongle MCX.

Comment

• MLAT5 is still in beta testing mode.

Comment

• i have the import e permit receipt reference from sirim. with this, there is no reason why another feeder will faced with "no import allow" as i experienced.

for sensitivity reason, i shall not divulge my difficulties with sirim. but i did lodged an official complaint saying i wish to dealt with the officer on private basis. i get a call from the said officer later and the matter was amicably resolved with a clear message "sent".

all i can say is custom officer is very "supportive" when i showed him what the FR receiver is capable using my cell phone logged into FR24 website.

if anyone import via JB, i am quite sure the import procedure can be done within 1/2 a day.

give me a shout if anyone need help here.

Comment

Working...
                                X