Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by who View Post
    Yeah i noticed that for runway 14L.
    Still not getting anything for KLIA2 runway.

I brought it 'outdoors' today. Only ~180deg view but reports tells me i could get more than that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4275[/ATTACH]

We'll need to take this offline. But i'm also interested in making some antennas too.
    If there was a way to get a better antenna and mount it so it is higher than the surrounding buildings you would have a big 'win, win' on range.

Comment

• Who, just wondering did you receive my email?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        If there was a way to get a better antenna and mount it so it is higher than the surrounding buildings you would have a big 'win, win' on range.
        Like property, location location location is most important for antenna placement.
        I place more importance on that than on the antenna itself 1st. Will find a location that 'get' most signals with the stock antenna before 'upgrading' the antenna.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Who, just wondering did you receive my email?
          Yes i did. Just replied.

Comment

• I might be around KLIA tmrw morning (~9am) and i might be testing reception of signals and check out how many aircraft sends out GND signals.
            Will feed for perhaps an hour or so.
            I will update here if i'm there (if i remember!)

Comment

I might be around KLIA tmrw morning (~9am) and i might be testing reception of signals and check out how many aircraft sends out GND signals.
              have fun bro who..hehe

Comment

I might be around KLIA tmrw morning (~9am) and i might be testing reception of signals and check out how many aircraft sends out GND signals.
                Ok. I'm there now and feeding.

Comment

• You are showing one on the ground.
                  If you are Radar: T-WMKK10 for flight AXM6225
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Ok. I'm there now and feeding.
                    Just got up after watching Brazil vs Chile... yawnn... Having a look now. Ground for runway 15, unable for Runway 14L.

You are using mobile data to feed? i.e. LTE/3G?
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-06-29, 01:28.

Comment

• SoCalBrian, yeah, i'm T-WMKK10. I just moved a bit to get better view. Should have more GND now.

North Borneo Radar, yup. mobile data to feed. Tether via my phone.

Comment

• I have direct line of sight to WMKK main terminal (domestic) and satellite building (international) yet there are hardly any planes transmitting their GND.
                        Guess it's powered off. I could visually see 10 or more planes parked.

Comment

I have direct line of sight to WMKK main terminal (domestic) and satellite building (international) yet there are hardly any planes transmitting their GND.
                          Guess it's powered off. I could visually see 10 or more planes parked.
                          Yup.. planes that are parked normally have their transponder switched off and using ground power. Normally during/after push back when their engines are starting up then ads-b will normally kick in. Same for when they are taxiing into the bay you can track them then when they power off their engine ads-b goes off.

I can see ground for runway 14L and satellite terminal now! Some ground... but not all the way trackable. Good ground signal for KLIA2 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            Yup.. planes that are parked normally have their transponder switched off and using ground power. Normally during/after push back when their engines are starting up then ads-b will normally kick in. Same for when they are taxiing into the bay you can track them then when they power off their engine ads-b goes off.

I can see ground for runway 14L and satellite terminal now! Some ground... but not all the way trackable. Good ground signal for KLIA2 though.
                            I guessed as much too. I was visually looking at a MAS taxing (after landing) and before it parked, i couldn't get its signal anymore.
                            Xanadu (AirAsia X) seems to leave theirs running hence tend to get more of their planes (ie, KLIA2).

Planes are lining up on 14R for takeoff btw. Listening in to the tower.

Let me drive around the Pekeliling road to the other side and see what i can get.
                            Last edited by who; 2014-06-29, 01:52.

Comment

• Now i'm parking around the catering building between the two runways. Only getting 6 GND.

Comment

• Ok. I'm leaving the place and heading back. Will elaborate more on my findings.

Comment

Working...
                                X