Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no.. not yet.. maybe tomorrow..
    coz today heavy rain...
    I just thinking of moving it.. and suddenly rain fall off...

Comment

Originally posted by bonar View Post
      no.. not yet.. maybe tomorrow..
      coz today heavy rain...
      I just thinking of moving it.. and suddenly rain fall off...
      Well better to have rain at that part of Malaysia! Much needed and the more the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        All tax issues, please contact support for refund.
        I just remember I didn't claim for Postage when I return the defective FR24 receiver months ago.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Life is funny, initially the pole was slanting this way - \ now I overcorrected it and there is a noticeable / slant, but much less than the previous \. D'oh. At this rate I need to take off the bracket and re do it, meaning another trip out to the roof. Running my software now to observe any noticeable difference in range. If there isn't I will just do it when I find the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            Well better to have rain at that part of Malaysia! Much needed and the more the better.
            yup... better rain.. if no rain then we have to face the "catuan air".... hehehe

got time to installed the antenna to the roof today... and got better receptions.. from only 5 to 6 plane per packet...
            now I got 33 plane (so far) per packet.. will see for the distance... it's only 62nm before...
            no picture.. coz after the installations, the rain getting heavy...

Comment

yup... better rain.. if no rain then we have to face the "catuan air".... hehehe

got time to installed the antenna to the roof today... and got better receptions.. from only 5 to 6 plane per packet...
              now I got 33 plane (so far) per packet.. will see for the distance... it's only 62nm before...
              no picture.. coz after the installations, the rain getting heavy...
              Yes confirm can see your radarcode now as well as T-WMKI2. Keep raining! I hope KK can get some rain too it's so hot!

Comment

nice...
                148nm so far... hope to get at least 200nm...
                the cable only 5 meter.. I ordered 10 meter... huhuhu

Comment

I might want to built collinear antenna.. maybe next month...
                  let see how is my current setup goes first...

Comment

o7t.jpg
                    31w.gif

migt want to use this design..

Comment

nice...
                      148nm so far... hope to get at least 200nm...
                      the cable only 5 meter.. I ordered 10 meter... huhuhu
                      Only 5m? then your loss shouldn't be too great. Should be able to go about 200nm with that length. High buildings/trees a bit around you perhaps?

antennas.jpg

Here is a pic of my set up. You can see the slant. Range don't seem too bad compared to my previous (some reduced range for KUL<->KK route, others seems fine), not entirely happy with it though but might just leave it for now . Difficult to correct it as I got the bracket design wrong.
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-20, 13:14.

Comment

nice one....
                        mine till now only 151nm... huhuhu

Comment

Only 5m? then your loss shouldn't be too great. Should be able to go about 200nm with that length. High buildings/trees a bit around you perhaps?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3920[/ATTACH]

Here is a pic of my set up. You can see the slant. Range don't seem too bad compared to my previous (some reduced range for KUL<->KK route, others seems fine), not entirely happy with it though but might just leave it for now . Difficult to correct it as I got the bracket design wrong.
                          how to build setup like urs?
                          the antenna on the right is?

Comment

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
                            how to build setup like urs?
                            the antenna on the right is?
                            right antenna is to listen to air band. I only use it when I got time... and runs it on sdr sharp to listen.

Well for my antenna set up I spent quite a significant amount of money on it. Range for KL<->KK routes seems to have reduced at the moment, which I am not too happy about. I might have to change back to my old set up. What an expensive failure.

Comment

right antenna is to listen to air band. I only use it when I got time... and runs it on sdr sharp to listen.

Well for my antenna set up I spent quite a significant amount of money on it. Range for KL<->KK routes seems to have reduced at the moment, which I am not too happy about. I might have to change back to my old set up. What an expensive failure.
                              airband.... i was planning it too...
                              but not sure which set up i should get.
                              any intro?

Comment

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
                                airband.... i was planning it too...
                                but not sure which set up i should get.
                                any intro?
                                Hmmm... you can try build one yourself if you fancy? http://forums.radioreference.com/bui...d-antenna.html has the reference available. see post 13 for measurements.

It looks like this Antenna.jpg

I used to use F5ANN's PCB antenna to receive air band too ( can also use for ADS-B) so long you are close to the airport/trasmitter then you should be able to listen to it. I still have it with me, if you are interested let me know.

You can search around the internet for air band antennas too... but normally it is the shipping that will cost more for the antenna, just like in my case.

Comment

Working...
                                X