Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    UPDATE:

The kit is released to me today and I have the receiver installed. Everything is set up and receiver is working as documented. I have sent an email to support so perhaps later this evening we will see my feed on FR24. T-WBKK4 is obviously down indefinitely, a code which I have been using for more than 1 year. I will tinker with my antenna set up in the near future as I need to change the pole and will get the GPS antenna at a better position then. It is attached to my window sill which don't see the sky too much at the moment.

UPDATE 2:

Since I have an antenna and cable provided I am placing the antenna temporary at my window and feeding it to my own beast receiver + beaglebone black so T-WBKK4 is up and running providing ground coverage but range will be poor. Just giving the FR24 provided antenna a play now. When the FR24 kit is activated normal coverage would resume.
    F-WBKK2 has been activated. I also see a R52f code. Is that yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      F-WBKK2 has been activated. I also see a R52f code. Is that yours?
      I am at work, if it was around the area then yes it should be. F-WBKK2 now being displayed now. I think the GPS antenna is not in an ideal location so the timing re-sync time to time, allowing my beast set up to show T-WBKK4 on FR24. It is the FR24 antenna just hanging out of my window connected with 10m cable to my beast! not bad at all. I do love my mode s beast receiver.

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
      why mine they hv charged me for RM 49.80 for the pos laju clearance... lolz...
      then paid for SIRIM RM 35. total RM84.80.
      wonder y my coverage hv dropped at west from 262nm to 112nm today.
      yesterday was raised when i made a adjustment on the antenna...
      glad to hear u get ur parcel nice and safe...
      How is your range now? Things normally will fluctuate a bit day to day, but not that much normally.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-17, 10:54.

Comment

Oh? Wow you all managed to get in touch amazing! You all knew each other through ham radio? or just FR24 got you all interested in aviation tracking?
        North Borneo Radar, yes, all of them from same hobby. And most of them currently experiment and feeding data in/out on APRS. (Automatic Packet Radio Systems), some also feeding AIS data...

Comment

North Borneo, I notice that KK2 is tracking acft up to abeam Bintulu. Is that normal or better that T-KK4?

Comment

I am at work, if it was around the area then yes it should be. F-WBKK2 now being displayed now. I think the GPS antenna is not in an ideal location so the timing re-sync time to time, allowing my beast set up to show T-WBKK4 on FR24. It is the FR24 antenna just hanging out of my window connected with 10m cable to my beast! not bad at all. I do love my mode s beast receiver.

How is your range now? Things normally will fluctuate a bit day to day, but not that much normally.
            up to 262nm to west when the day i adjust the height.
            now is dropped to 113nm for west and southwest was up to 200.
            wonder that is it my coverage consider good ald?
            polar.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3903[/ATTACH]
              Alex, which part of Penang is your location. If on the eastern side than Penang Hill and the mountain range will block good view for the western side towards Andaman Sea/Indian Ocean.

Comment

Alex, which part of Penang is your location. If on the eastern side than Penang Hill and the mountain range will block good view for the western side towards Andaman Sea/Indian Ocean.
                i'm located in kulim kedah....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                  North Borneo Radar, yes, all of them from same hobby. And most of them currently experiment and feeding data in/out on APRS. (Automatic Packet Radio Systems), some also feeding AIS data...
                  Ah right so it is ham radio indeed... hee I have no idea about APRS and I only know AIS is marine tracking. Mine is just narrowed down to planes...

North Borneo, I notice that KK2 is tracking acft up to abeam Bintulu. Is that normal or better that T-KK4?
                  I use planeplotter for the past year. Now I can't use it for now still waiting for instructions from FR24 support so i cannot compare it like for like which is annoying. It looks normal to me however. T-WBKK4 reaches to Bintulu normally anyway. That is where I get my best range time to time, or sometimes to KL-KK route would be the one with long ranges.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3903[/ATTACH]
                  I don't know whether that's range is normal for you yet as it is only 2 days observation. You will need to observe longer, a month perhaps at least. Sometimes you will get longer range readings for that few times. The 262nm reading might be from tropospheric ducting. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropospheric_propagation
                  Give it more time to build up a clearer picture of your range. For ads-b around 200nm is the norm. At good locations it will exceed 250nm. Poor locations... then, well, it won't be great.
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-18, 08:05.

Comment

Used to stay in Jln Bukit Alwi near SAC.

Comment

Used to stay in Jln Bukit Alwi near SAC.
                      You moved around quite a bit due to work?

The FR24 receiver runs hotter than I expect. My beast runs lukewarm in my room when it's hot weather outside and in the same room and condition the FR24 receiver definitely feels warmer/hot to touch!

Comment

Completed the pole change today in a sunny morning at KK, that's why F-WBKK2 was off for a few hours if you noticed. GPS antenna placed at a better location now. Not sure the pole is vertical enough though as it was tricky to level it despite all my efforts. Still need to give the wood where the antenna is mounted a good coat of paint. Will be done perhaps next week.

NB: Yup, not vertical entirely, slanting a bit. Will adjust when I go out to the roof next week.
                        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-19, 03:47.

Comment

You moved around quite a bit due to work?

Have been in Sabah, Labuan, Sarawak, KL/Selangor and now Pahang. All just to put food on the table. Lol

The FR24 receiver runs hotter than I expect. My beast runs lukewarm in my room when it's hot weather outside and in the same room and condition the FR24 receiver definitely feels warmer/hot to touch!
                          Maybe need to put a small fan to keep it cooler!

Comment

Completed the pole change today in a sunny morning at KK, that's why F-WBKK2 was off for a few hours if you noticed. GPS antenna placed at a better location now. Not sure the pole is vertical enough though as it was tricky to level it despite all my efforts. Still need to give the wood where the antenna is mounted a good coat of paint. Will be done perhaps next week.

NB: Yup, not vertical entirely, slanting a bit. Will adjust when I go out to the roof next week.
                            Congratulations..
                            Can you post the picture..

Comment

Maybe need to put a small fan to keep it cooler!
                              It's in a PVC junction box now my room is getting too clattered so I placed it in there. Should be ok I hope!

Originally posted by bonar View Post
                              Congratulations..
                              Ok I will once everything is perfected. This slant is annoying me. If I can get up early tomorrow I will get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by bonar View Post
                                Congratulations..
                                Oh I just remembered have your moved your antenna to the roof bonar? I am quite tired after this morning's workout lol.
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-19, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X