No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-WMKC3 is been reactivated with new location -Klang and new call sign - F-WMSA3
    Last edited by kucengemok; 2016-09-23, 10:56.

Comment

• Welcome back. Was wondering if you had moved or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyland127 View Post
        hi, may i know how to buy the 1090mhz antenna at malaysia?
        skyland127,

sorry i don't frequent these forums as i used to.
        I have an extra external 1090MHz antenna, would you still be interested?

Comment

• Hello Everyone... I have just started feeding: F-WBSB1
          I am located in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. The first feeder from this country.
          Aircraft on the ground and at the gate can now be seen from BWN. Before signals were lost at about 100 metres or so.

Comment

• Hello Maxxtech. I applied for the receiver and was probably successful only because there are no other feeders in the country. I was planning on doing the raspberry thing but tried this first. Yes my location is good and I have my antenna in a good spot. It could be better but the 10 metre limit with coax prevents me going any higher. Thanks for your comments.

PS - I love Kuching, even though I haven't visited for about 12 years

Comment

• Originally posted by maxxtech
              Hi, Welcome to FR24. I am from kuching Sarawak. How do you get the feeder ? i tried apply many times failed. How high you install your antenna ? The higher the better. I always going Brunei. Best is BWN didn't have much high building, so as long as your antenna have a clear view sky and about 60 feets high then will be great. Thanks.
              Good morning maxxtech.

T-WBGG4 range is as good as or even better than F-WBGG3. Maybe FR24 has enough receivers there I don't know. I can drop an email and enquire for you. Can you tell me your FR24 application number please? Maybe Olov will give an explanation at least if your application is not accepted for now. Things might change sometimes i.e. feeder moves away etc.

Originally posted by Vaalele View Post
              Hello Everyone... I have just started feeding: F-WBSB1
              I am located in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. The first feeder from this country.
              Aircraft on the ground and at the gate can now be seen from BWN. Before signals were lost at about 100 metres or so.
              Hello Vaalele from Kinabalu!

I recall F-WBSB1 came online quite a while back perhaps a year ago or more but then went missing. I guess that is you? You moved and got a better location I guess? Welcome back Glad to have you back as well as providing ground coverage for WBSB. Let's hope your Sultan gives his blessing? His fleet of aircrafts regs are removed from FR24 database for his privacy.

Hopefully with your receiver back online we have better MLAT coverage. Though it's a shame the tip of Borneo, Kudat still hasn't have a receiver which can provide better coverage north of Sabah.

Comment

• Thank you for the welcome. Not sure who the first F-WBSB was then...not me. Anyway yes I hope this feeder helps with MLAT tracking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaalele View Post
                  Thank you for the welcome. Not sure who the first F-WBSB was then...not me. Anyway yes I hope this feeder helps with MLAT tracking.
                  Ah right ok nevermind! Glad to have a new feeder at WBSB. There has been some MLAT5 from exisiting feeders, yours being in the middle of Miri, Labuan, Kinabalu should help. Only the odd AT75, some private jets and some B737 showing up with MLAT is what I noticed off Labuan or abeam waypoint MAMOK.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxxtech
                    Hi, Welcome to FR24. I am from kuching Sarawak. How do you get the feeder ? i tried apply many times failed. How high you install your antenna ? The higher the better. I always going Brunei. Best is BWN didn't have much high building, so as long as your antenna have a clear view sky and about 60 feets high then will be great. Thanks.
                    Maxxtech, you can also drop me an email at northborneoradar AT gmail dot com and we can take it from there.

Comment

• the forum is so quiet....

Comment

• Waking up a sleepy thread.

Hello to all Malaysian Feeders. Happy Holidays (well done to our athletes) and Selamat Hari Merdeka.

Just dropping a note to potentially interested people about lightning detection. This is a hobbyist setup and is not a professional lightning detection equipment. Soldering of through hole components is required and if your location has lots of electronics interference it is likely to affect reception so you need somewhere away from electrical and electronic stuffs (PCs, TVs, AC-DC power supply, Air cond outdoor unit etc). Still following me? Ok, the website is blitzortung and they sell the detector called system blue. It costs about RM1600 depending on Euro exchange rate. This includes the controller board, aluminium enclosure as well as 2 rod ferrite antennas which is about 20cm long. It can be cheaper if you just op for the receiver and antenna and no enclosure. Just google blitzortung, then go to further info > cover your area and place your email address and country to the list. There is a long waiting list so be ready to wait until you get an email from the admin.

It has been quite interesting for me so my thoughts is some of you might be interested in it. It did take me sometime however to finalize the location of the antenna that performed to my liking. FYI lightning detection range can be quite far, thousands of KMs.

hope everyone is well! Enjoy the holiday.
                        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2017-08-31, 10:27.

Comment

• Just activate my receiver

Hi Malaysians,
                          Am new here under radar F-WMKM3, activated about an hour or more ago.

Salam Merdeka.

Comment

• I was looking into the rank between Malaysian's feeder, to my surprise I am registered for Senegal, and it is the 1st feeder from Senegal lol

Comment

• Originally posted by yazidrus View Post
                              I was looking into the rank between Malaysian's feeder, to my surprise I am registered for Senegal, and it is the 1st feeder from Senegal lol
                              Welcome to Malaysia Radar. Feel free to comment or update us anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by yazidrus View Post
                                I was looking into the rank between Malaysian's feeder, to my surprise I am registered for Senegal, and it is the 1st feeder from Senegal lol
                                It has been fixed and you will see it in Malaysia after the next cache update
                                --

Comment

Working...
                                X