No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know how it is after you made it. 40km away right.. hopefully you are able to listen to it!

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Let us know how it is after you made it. 40km away right.. hopefully you are able to listen to it!
      need some time....haha...
      my elevation is higher than the airport.
      mine location are 70-90ft as i checked with many device.
      really hopefully can hear it.... otherwise it just a waste....

Comment

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
        You might be able to pickup Butterworth Tower/Radar. It is nearer to your location. Anyway you will surely pickup aircraft calling as they transmit from higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
          You might be able to pickup Butterworth Tower/Radar. It is nearer to your location. Anyway you will surely pickup aircraft calling as they transmit from higher up.
          butterworth tower/radar only??
          any chance for penang tower?

Comment

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
            butterworth tower/radar only??
            any chance for penang tower?
            Will never know until you try it. One thing for sure, the higher the antenna, the better the chance of receiving Penang tower transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
              Will never know until you try it. One thing for sure, the higher the antenna, the better the chance of receiving Penang tower transmission.
              ya... gonna try it out...
              risky that climbing up to my roof.
              hard to access....

Comment

Jpole i mentioned before works perfectly up to 100Nm. If your site is elevated compared to airport tower and there is LOS, you should have no problem with rx.
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                  Jpole i mentioned before works perfectly up to 100Nm. If your site is elevated compared to airport tower and there is LOS, you should have no problem with rx.
                  okay bro... will try 1/4 first... if not great will build jpole.
                  but the place i gonna put is just below telephone cable... is that ok?
                  is it ok that i cover the jpole with pvc pipe?
                  Last edited by alexsiong29; 2014-04-25, 14:23.

Comment

Not sure but I think that's ok. Electrical wires could be problem
                    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                      Not sure but I think that's ok. Electrical wires could be problem
                      if i cover it up...
                      still hv the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
                        Well at least you find out what work what don't work. Better than not starting/doing nothing. It is a learning process.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                          Well at least you find out what work what don't work. Better than not starting/doing nothing. It is a learning process.
                          Bro North Borneo,

See your T-KK4 is "on" What happened to F-KK2. KosongSatu9 9SatuLapan5Kosong5Tiga

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                            Bro North Borneo,

See your T-KK4 is "on" What happened to F-KK2. KosongSatu9 9SatuLapan5Kosong5Tiga
                            The FR24 receiver is now getting data from FR24's own set up.

Mine is using the high gain antenna with amplifier set up. So maybe that's why you see less of F-KK2. It is running all the time though and I do see it appearing.

T-KK4 was down this afternoon as there seems to be a problem with the ARM FR24feed 241s. I am still investigating it. F-KK2 covering so all is not lost.

Comment

• Hi all and Limpost,

some pictures from Malaysianwings forum of AF1 in Subang WMSA recently.

New Year, new thread, new plane - ODs new ATR 72-600, 9M-LMJ Happy New Year, SZB Spotters! Have a great year spotting and sharing your pix here!

No registration needed to view the spotting thread. Enjoy! Nice to speak to you Limpost.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                The FR24 receiver is now getting data from FR24's own set up.

Mine is using the high gain antenna with amplifier set up. So maybe that's why you see less of F-KK2. It is running all the time though and I do see it appearing.

T-KK4 was down this afternoon as there seems to be a problem with the ARM FR24feed 241s. I am still investigating it. F-KK2 covering so all is not lost.
                                The new feeder spawns a new task every ten minutes that becomes a zombie after it does what it has to, the only way to kill the zombies is to kill the feeder and they all die (presumably they starve ) - then restart the feeder. On my Pi I do this using a cron job at 2am and 2pm (quietest parts of the day)

Comment

Working...
                                X