Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
    I agree. Thanks North Borneo!

@viista: Make a normal application on the webpage (if you havent already?) and post the application id here. I will then look at it and we can send you a kit without the parts you don't need. As North Borneo says you can then order the part you need and we will reimburse you throw Paypal.
    Originally posted by viista View Post
    North Borneo Radar, apologies for not replying. Looks like I missed that earlier. I ran out of optimal location at the roof for antenna installation. The current antenna and receiver is doing its job feeding to a few places. If I were to apply for another receiver, I wonder whether FR24 can supply me with some kind of coax splitter instead of another set of coaxial cable and antenna. That is the only concern that I have.

T-WMKP3
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    @viista, I have a reply! For your case it will be that FR24 prefers to send you the kit minus antenna and cable, and you have to get a splitter of your choice which FR24 would reimburse you after you submit the receipt. One thing to note from me however is that there is some db lost (i forgot how many) so you might notice your range decrease when using a splitter. But you can experiment I guess.
    @viista, did you see our replies? Hope you seen them and have a think what to do then. I am sure your location will contribute to MLAT and redundancy for FR24.

Originally posted by edward93 View Post
    Saw a GIA plane, which is showing weird information today. Check out the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7045[/ATTACH]

It seems that the same hex is being used for 2 completely different type of planes. I thought it might be a transponder shift from an older plane, but it seems it isn't. The plane in the pic would be a B737 @FL360 but from FR24 database/history, there's another plane with the same hex, which should be an AT76, and is still in operation...

I thought every aircraft transponders have their own unique hex? Or not? It should be.

Edit: This doesn't seems to be FR24's problem, as I just read that the hex can be inputted pre-flight(?).
    @edward93, yes this has been noticed by me for quite sometime, perhaps almost for a year. No idea why. Though I am only a lay person and have not much knowledge about aviation safety/standards, it shows that Indonesia's Directorate General of Civil Aviation (the equivalent to our Department of Civil Aviation) still has a lot to do, especially meeting ICAO standards. 2 planes having the same hex isn't right, well for me anyway.
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-02-21, 13:01. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      @edward93, yes this has been noticed by me for quite sometime, perhaps almost for a year. No idea why. Though I am only a lay person and have not much knowledge about aviation safety/standards, it shows that Indonesia's Directorate General of Civil Aviation (the equivalent to our Department of Civil Aviation) still has a lot to do, especially meeting ICAO standards. 2 planes having the same hex isn't right, well for me anyway.
      I didn't know the error had been there for a year already.... Perhaps someone in Radar Indonesia subforum could help inform GIA about it? My uneducated guess would be that the maintenance crew may have inputted incorrect hex into the transponder after a scheduled maintenance.. I could be wrong though..
      ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• T-WMKB1 @ Butterworth also has quite decent range. Please apply for a FR24box!

Thanks North Borneo Radar . I try once but no reply

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post
          Hi NBR. Thanks for the help. Currently I have difficulties on obtaining a right splitter for ADS-B application. Limited accessibility especially in Malaysia. I would prefer FR24 to provide one, if possible.

T-WMKP3
          Somehow I missed your post viista. Not sure what's the matter with the FR24 forum email notification.

I think ebay is the way to find an ads-b splitter. mini circuits ZAPD 2 used can be around 150myr to get. I assume your connectors are SMA.

Example: http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Mini-Circ...AAAOSwsB9WEfZ4

Sorry it took so long to reply to you viista I don't check forum often these days and rely on email notification. Let me know if you need help.

On another matter, our kawan T-WMKB1 at Butterworth sure does get very good range.

F-WMKC1, how is your setup? Everything ok? Don't seems to spot it that often but there is a lot of feeders around WMKC.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-04-03, 07:13.

Comment

• hi, may i know how to buy the 1090mhz antenna at malaysia?

Comment

• Originally posted by skyland127 View Post
              hi, may i know how to buy the 1090mhz antenna at malaysia?
              Hi skyland127,

Not much of help I am afraid... here are my 20 cents.

In Malaysia... I am not aware any that sells it. Some do DIY dipole, mine came from 1090mhz.com. If who (forum member) is around he might have an idea. who are you able to advise?

Else you can try on ebay (search for 1090mhz antenna), last I heard the bulgarian one is ok and bidding for it is cheaper. Of course if buy from overseas customs might hold it to charge GST.

Comment

• strange... where is my reply? something wrong with this forum or this thread?!

Comment

• Originally posted by skyland127 View Post
                  hi, may i know how to buy the 1090mhz antenna at malaysia?
                  ok third attempt. the forum dont like links posted.

Basically there isn't any 1090mhz antenna for sale in Malaysia as far as I know.

You best chance will be to source overseas - check ebay and search for 1090mhz antenna and the bulgarian one is ok. If you item is held at customs then it you will have to pay GST.

If who (one of the malaysian forum member here) sees this maybe he has suggestion as to where you might get a 1090mhz antenna in Malaysia.

Comment

• NBR,

I can see that you have written something but unable to open the page. Last post is from skyland127. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxxtech
                      Hi,
                      Start my fr24feed raspi 3 days ago. T-WBGG4 at KCH. Anybody in kuching here feeding ?
                      Hello to you maxxtech. Things has gone quiet in this Malaysia thread. Thanks for poking this thread up.

There is a few active feeders from WBGG, 5 from statistics. There is only one who posted in the forum in the past though - F-WBGG2. If I recall correctly is member whateveralsohere. Hope he sees it and you guys can get acquainted. Others didn't drop in here so unable to contact them.

Comment

• Poke poke.

Just to put this here, my receiver will be down for at least 24 hrs. Expect longer downtime. Shouldn't be a big deal since F-KK2 & T-KK4 have very long coverage.

Cause? This... Yes, I'm on data now.
                        ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
                          Poke poke.

Just to put this here, my receiver will be down for at least 24 hrs. Expect longer downtime. Shouldn't be a big deal since F-KK2 & T-KK4 have very long coverage.

Please inform FR24 Support so that they are aware of your down time. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                            Please inform FR24 Support so that they are aware of your down time. Thanks.
                            No worries, already did that.
                            ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
                              Poke poke.

Hi Edward, noticed your feed is back online this morning so it was resolved quicker than expected. good job to tm.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                Hi Edward, noticed your feed is back online this morning so it was resolved quicker than expected. good job to tm.
                                Yeah, I was surprised too. In fact, it's resolved once the clock strikes 12am the same night..
                                If I knew that, I wouldn't be posting about it here then.. Kudos to them!
                                ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Working...
                                X