Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    @viista I asked before I think... You are not interested to apply for a FR24 receiver kit? You have concerns? The FR24 kit can be the backup
    Apologies North Borneo Radar. I guess I missed your question earlier. Did not apply for a FR24 receiver yet. Not too sure whether FR24 can provide me some kind of antenna splitter instead of coax and antenna. Ran out of antenna mounting location at the roof. I am happy with the current setup. That is the only concern that I have.

Back online again.

T-WMKP3
    ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

@viista I asked before I think... You are not interested to apply for a FR24 receiver kit? You have concerns? The FR24 kit can be the backup
      North Borneo Radar, apologies for not replying. Looks like I missed that earlier. I ran out of optimal location at the roof for antenna installation. The current antenna and receiver is doing its job feeding to a few places. If I were to apply for another receiver, I wonder whether FR24 can supply me with some kind of coax splitter instead of another set of coaxial cable and antenna. That is the only concern that I have.

T-WMKP3
      ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

• Sharing an occurrence I overheard around 4:15am, Jan 19 LT, on WBKK LiveATC channel, where a CEB flight from SIN-CEB didn't answer to WBKK's callings and subsequently another CEB flight, WSSS & WBGG's callings as well. The flight was outside of Bintulu that time and later contacted WBKK as it flew further towards Miri. The female controller queried them about it, the pilot explained (but was unreadable possibly due to weak signals) and apologized to the ATC.....

I'm curious of what happened actually, did they set the wrong frequency??
        ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
          Sharing an occurrence I overheard around 4:15am, Jan 19 LT, on WBKK LiveATC channel, where a CEB flight from SIN-CEB didn't answer to WBKK's callings and subsequently another CEB flight, WSSS & WBGG's callings as well. The flight was outside of Bintulu that time and later contacted WBKK as it flew further towards Miri. The female controller queried them about it, the pilot explained (but was unreadable possibly due to weak signals) and apologized to the ATC.....

At that time in the morning, both could have fallen asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            That would have been disastrous if it was the case....
            ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
              Sharing an occurrence I overheard around 4:15am, Jan 19 LT, on WBKK LiveATC channel, where a CEB flight from SIN-CEB didn't answer to WBKK's callings and subsequently another CEB flight, WSSS & WBGG's callings as well. The flight was outside of Bintulu that time and later contacted WBKK as it flew further towards Miri. The female controller queried them about it, the pilot explained (but was unreadable possibly due to weak signals) and apologized to the ATC.....

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
              Originally posted by edward93 View Post
              That would have been disastrous if it was the case....
              I guess the company will open an investigation and look into it. Too bad the part of the transmission by the CEB pilot was broken, so we are unable to know what happened. I am surprised you are listening to ATC at such hours though!

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post
                North Borneo Radar, apologies for not replying. Looks like I missed that earlier. I ran out of optimal location at the roof for antenna installation. The current antenna and receiver is doing its job feeding to a few places. If I were to apply for another receiver, I wonder whether FR24 can supply me with some kind of coax splitter instead of another set of coaxial cable and antenna. That is the only concern that I have.

T-WMKP3
                Ok noted... I dont know but will drop an email and see what is the reply.

Comment

I guess the company will open an investigation and look into it. Too bad the part of the transmission by the CEB pilot was broken, so we are unable to know what happened. I am surprised you are listening to ATC at such hours though!
                  Different sleeping time, so....
                  ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post

T-WMKP3
                    @vista, I dropped an email but no reply. Perhaps you can contact FR24support and see what they say? It might take about a week for them to reply though. I contacted Olov. He's a busy person understandably.

Comment

@vista, I dropped an email but no reply. Perhaps you can contact FR24support and see what they say? It might take about a week for them to reply though. I contacted Olov. He's a busy person understandably.
                      NBR, noted. Thanks for the help.
                      ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

Originally posted by viista View Post
                        NBR, noted. Thanks for the help.
                        @viista, I have a reply! For your case it will be that FR24 prefers to send you the kit minus antenna and cable, and you have to get a splitter of your choice which FR24 would reimburse you after you submit the receipt. One thing to note from me however is that there is some db lost (i forgot how many) so you might notice your range decrease when using a splitter. But you can experiment I guess.

Comment

@viista, I have a reply! For your case it will be that FR24 prefers to send you the kit minus antenna and cable, and you have to get a splitter of your choice which FR24 would reimburse you after you submit the receipt. One thing to note from me however is that there is some db lost (i forgot how many) so you might notice your range decrease when using a splitter. But you can experiment I guess.
                          I agree. Thanks North Borneo!

@viista: Make a normal application on the webpage (if you havent already?) and post the application id here. I will then look at it and we can send you a kit without the parts you don't need. As North Borneo says you can then order the part you need and we will reimburse you throw Paypal.

Comment

Hi NBR. Thanks for the help. Currently I have difficulties on obtaining a right splitter for ADS-B application. Limited accessibility especially in Malaysia. I would prefer FR24 to provide one, if possible.

T-WMKP3
                            ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

• Saw a GIA plane, which is showing weird information today. Check out the picture.

PK-GAF.jpg

It seems that the same hex is being used for 2 completely different type of planes. I thought it might be a transponder shift from an older plane, but it seems it isn't. The plane in the pic would be a B737 @FL360 but from FR24 database/history, there's another plane with the same hex, which should be an AT76, and is still in operation...

I thought every aircraft transponders have their own unique hex? Or not? It should be.

Edit: This doesn't seems to be FR24's problem, as I just read that the hex can be inputted pre-flight(?).
                              Last edited by edward93; 2016-02-19, 15:21.
                              ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Thanks for reporting F-EGLF1. He was using very bad tactics to get 5 posts to post a url link to stir. He's now back to 1

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                                X