Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Hi Edward,

Yes not an infrequent finding that the Sultan of Brunei's fleet of A340, A333 & B747 comes over here or Miri to do Touch and Go. You can tune in to liveatc wbkk feed to listen if you spot it appearing near WBKK doing touch and go.

Any chance for an update about your possible antenna repositioning?
    Not repositioning it at the moment, will stay like that first.
    ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
      Not repositioning it at the moment, will stay like that first.
      Roger...

Originally posted by whateveralsohere View Post
      thanks for the info, it is really a lot for me to learn here
      my intention now is to install it on the highest part on my roof
      currently looking around for electrician that can help on installing the antenna when the shipment is arrived
      Is the kit dispatched to you?

Comment

Roger...

Is the kit dispatched to you?
        Not receiving it yet, but DHL called this morning will deliver to me anytime today
        FYI, i manage to get a friend of my friend, who play amateur radio, to help to install my antenna,

will keep u posted on the progress

Comment

• Originally posted by whateveralsohere View Post
          FYI, i manage to get a friend of my friend, who play amateur radio, to help to install my antenna,

ermm.. who is he? the amateur radio guy? what is his callsign?

Comment

Not receiving it yet, but DHL called this morning will deliver to me anytime today

Originally posted by Ruth View Post
            ermm.. who is he? the amateur radio guy? what is his callsign?
            Ok thanks whateveralsohere! Ah I see you have a ham radio friend? I think we have a break through in improving coverage for Sarawak now, if your friend is willing to help. Did he apply for a receiver as well? If he has contacts of other ham operators in Sarawak and asks them to apply for the FR24 kit I think soon Sarawak, and hopefully the Sea (South China Sea) will have good coverage.

For your info, key area for hosts is Bintulu, but I think applications from Sibu/Miri/Lawas also have a good chance. Please, if you are able to let your friend know. Ruth who is also a ham operator could also contact your friend, for ham and ads-b stuffs. It is with Ruth's help in ham radio that spreaded the news around Semenanjung that FR24 is working on improving coverage at this part of the world.

ADD ON: Just read that the ham operator is your friend's friend. Mistake sorry.
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-04-13, 05:30.

Comment

Ok thanks whateveralsohere! Ah I see you have a ham radio friend? I think we have a break through in improving coverage for Sarawak now, if your friend is willing to help. Did he apply for a receiver as well? If he has contacts of other ham operators in Sarawak and asks them to apply for the FR24 kit I think soon Sarawak, and hopefully the Sea (South China Sea) will have good coverage.

For your info, key area for hosts is Bintulu, but I think applications from Sibu/Miri/Lawas also have a good chance. Please, if you are able to let your friend know. Ruth who is also a ham operator could also contact your friend, for ham and ads-b stuffs. It is with Ruth's help in ham radio that spreaded the news around Semenanjung that FR24 is working on improving coverage at this part of the world.

ADD ON: Just read that the ham operator is your friend's friend. Mistake sorry.
              HI ruth and north borneo guy,
              i have received the package this afternoon, by DHL, that's fast

for my friend's fren,
              i have just contacted him via phone just now, and we shall meet up with him tomorrow morning
              for further arrangement

i shall check with him and tell him about what u have suggested on ham radio and fr24,
              will also get his conscent whether he willing to disclose his info,

btw, the items i received as follows:
              is the short tape wrapped in aluminium foil is the vulcanizing tape?
              IMG_20150413_132237 (Large).jpgIMG_20150413_140137 (Large).jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5906[/ATTACH]
                Yes it's vulcanizing tape that should be used to isolate the antenna/cable adapter as we have some issues with moisture. But as the tape can be hard to attach we will shortly start replacing the cable with an antenna with pre-mounted cable. These antennas will probably be shipped from May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Yes it's vulcanizing tape that should be used to isolate the antenna/cable adapter as we have some issues with moisture. But as the tape can be hard to attach we will shortly start replacing the cable with an antenna with pre-mounted cable. These antennas will probably be shipped from May.
                  thanks mike

Comment

HI ruth and north borneo guy,
                    i have received the package this afternoon, by DHL, that's fast

for my friend's fren,
                    i have just contacted him via phone just now, and we shall meet up with him tomorrow morning
                    for further arrangement

i shall check with him and tell him about what u have suggested on ham radio and fr24,
                    will also get his conscent whether he willing to disclose his info,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5906[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks... Keep us updated.

Comment

Thanks... Keep us updated.
                      HI, about the friend that help to do the installation,
                      i have got his conscent to disclose some info about him,
                      his name is Joseph, and his call sign is 9M8 ST, From SARES
                      anyone of u know him?
                      is there a personal message feature in this forum, i have his contact and email available if anyone of u would like to contact him

i have pass my equipement to him this morning, he has also visited the installation site,
                      he is preparing for it and estimated to install the antenna in 2 days time.

Comment

HI, about the friend that help to do the installation,
                        i have got his conscent to disclose some info about him,
                        his name is Joseph, and his call sign is 9M8 ST, From SARES
                        anyone of u know him?
                        is there a personal message feature in this forum, i have his contact and email available if anyone of u would like to contact him

i have pass my equipement to him this morning, he has also visited the installation site,
                        he is preparing for it and estimated to install the antenna in 2 days time.

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is no PM function in this forum.

I think it's a lot of new information for him as well so perhaps we should slow down a bit and let him install the antenna first and then he can see for himself what it does. if he is interested then perhaps he can join the forum here. While in the mean time perhaps Ruth can contact him via ham radio. But it's a good chance to improve sarawak's coverage and the South China Sea as he should have contacts and his help will be invaluable. We will take things one step at a time for now.

Hope your coverage is good. Once all cables are connected to the receiver and it is switched on just send support an email to tell your receiver is up and running. It will be activated by them, normally quite quick.

Comment

• some problem with ads-b server it seems as my log show this:

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
                          ADS-B: failure
                          ModeS: connected, 4 AC tracked

2015-04-18 03:39:15 | [feed][n]connecting
                          2015-04-18 03:39:21 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
                          2015-04-18 03:39:21 | [mlat][i]Stats 122777/0
                          2015-04-18 03:39:37 | [feed][e]Could not connect!
                          2015-04-18 03:39:37 | [feed][n]Error: Could not connect!
                          2015-04-18 03:39:37 | [feed][n]waiting 19 seconds
                          2015-04-18 03:39:42 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
                          2015-04-18 03:39:43 | [mlat][i]Stats 122777/0

Didn't look at the whole Asia but I do notice some F radars are not showing up on the map too around Borneo and Indonesia. No problem for T radars it seems. Hence it is always a good idea to have a T feed as backup.

Comment

• Mine too not connecting to server.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                              Mine too not connecting to server.
                              can only wait for FR24 to sort it.

Comment

• Same here.
                                ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Working...
                                X