• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-WMKA3 activated 2 days ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
      F-WMKA3 activated 2 days ago
      Thanks... didn't see it appear the past few days. Quite a number of receivers there now for Alor Setar, hopefully Langkawi will have one in the future. Lima Airshow is coming up soon and should see RMAF's first A400M on display.

Comment

• i'm off to Bintulu this weekend. any chance for meetup with feeders nearby?

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
          i'm off to Bintulu this weekend. any chance for meetup with feeders nearby?

Hi dinhat,

hm.. I only know Sarawak has 3 feeders, and only 1 is active in this forum. Feeders - T-WBGG1, F-WBGG1 & F-WBGR1. The feeder who checked in here is edward93, feeder for F-WBGR1 and he is in Miri. Would be good if you have contacts there and you can persuade them to join in to feed. Bintulu is one of the area FR24 is looking for hosts.

Enjoy your trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
            i'm off to Bintulu this weekend. any chance for meetup with feeders nearby?
            Hopefully you had a nice trip to Bintulu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been inactive for quite some time, but look at this interesting flight path.
            A342.jpg

My guess would be that the Sultan Brunei is renewing his license, as I heard he does have a pilot license and used to fly his Boeing 747 to Miri for touchdown & go around for a few times then return during my secondary school times. My secondary school is right beside the approach path for RWY 20, and I was amazed seeing the huge Boeing 747 for the first time. ><
            ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
              Hopefully you had a nice trip to Bintulu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been inactive for quite some time, but look at this interesting flight path.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5848[/ATTACH]

My guess would be that the Sultan Brunei is renewing his license, as I heard he does have a pilot license and used to fly his Boeing 747 to Miri for touchdown & go around for a few times then return during my secondary school times. My secondary school is right beside the approach path for RWY 20, and I was amazed seeing the huge Boeing 747 for the first time. ><
              Hi Edward,

Yes not an infrequent finding that the Sultan of Brunei's fleet of A340, A333 & B747 comes over here or Miri to do Touch and Go. You can tune in to liveatc wbkk feed to listen if you spot it appearing near WBKK doing touch and go.

Any chance for an update about your possible antenna repositioning?

Comment

• HI everybody,
                i'm new to FR24,
                my application to host the receiver is just being approve.
                however, i have no experience at all in this matter, hopefully can get someone to help up before the shipment is arriving.
                my location is Kuching, Sarawak
                my first worry is do i need to install a lightning arrester if i'm to place the antenna on the highest point of the roof top?

i also leart that there is a feeder F-WBGG1 which is also from kuching, is there anyway that i can contact the owner to learn more about fr24 receiver installation?

thank you so much in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by whateveralsohere View Post
                  HI everybody,
                  i'm new to FR24,
                  however, i have no experience at all in this matter, hopefully can get someone to help up before the shipment is arriving.
                  my first worry is do i need to install a lightning arrester if i'm to place the antenna on the highest point of the roof top?

i also leart that there is a feeder F-WBGG1 which is also from kuching, is there anyway that i can contact the owner to learn more about fr24 receiver installation?

Hello Orang Kuching,

Welcome to FR24. Great that you are joining us. Which part of Kuching are you from? Hopefully your receiver can reach out to Natuna Island area.
                  Setting up your FR24 receiver is much much easier than connecting your desktop computer together with all the mess of wiring's.

Lightning is always a worry but how often do you get strike? Our old TV antenna were always up there on the roof and we never worried about it. I got the Astro guys to fix it at the highest point on my double storey house. If there is a lightning storm nearby, just turn-off the receiver until the storm passes.

The other feeder mentioned does not post any comments on this forum so far and there is no way to contact him/her.

Comment

HI everybody,
                    i'm new to FR24,

Hi! welcome to the forum

I had a long day. But glad to see that Kuching is going to have another feeder soon. You can have an estimate of your range from this website http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ > go to new panorama, select your location and your elevation and set a name and you can see your estimated range with 'up in the air'.

i'll post my other thoughts later... too tired now.

Comment

HI everybody,
                      i'm new to FR24,

Hi there,

Just curious, any chance you are a member of the malaysianwings forum?

For lightning arrestor, I pretty agree with Limpost's post. Different area varies but there has been a few receivers got damaged due to static at the ethernet port. So perhaps that could be something you can look into, it does need to be grounded however to work. Not something all houses have however. I hope your coverage will be good, especially towards the sea, and can provide cover if F-WBGG1 is down.

Comment

• HI Limpost, North Borneo Radar,
                        thanks for the advice concerning lightning
                        so basically i just get the antenna fixed up there, get the receiver grounded run it just light any other electrical device right

i am from kota sentosa, about 1 mile + from the Kuching INternational Airport

no , i am not a member of malaysianwings forum,
                        i am totally new in this flight or radar thing, not quite sure whether i would help up in anyway, hopefull can contribute little bit to the flight radar network and learn some new knowledge

Comment

HI Limpost, North Borneo Radar,
                          so basically i just get the antenna fixed up there, get the receiver grounded run it just light any other electrical device right

i am totally new in this flight or radar thing, not quite sure whether i would help up in anyway, hopefull can contribute little bit to the flight radar network and learn some new knowledge

Oh ok, I see. The key to good coverage like any antenna is placing it high and clear of obstructions i.e. roof line, tall trees. If your have a good view of your surrounding sky then coverage should be quite good - about 200-250 nautical miles all round from your location. If you struggle to get to the top of the roof or due to safety concern you can always hire someone else to do the job, and be specific to them telling where you want the antenna to be so that it is high enough to clear any obstructions. Of course then you will have to pay.

Anyway, for the network surge protector it is something like this if you are thinking of getting one http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...=documentation
                          As mentioned before the green wire needs to be grounded for it to work as described in manufacturer's advice. Another forum member who could give you more advice if you want to know more...

There is quit a bit of info here.. so you can read through it at your leisure.

Comment

HI Limpost, North Borneo Radar,

Used to be stationed in Kuching airport many many years ago. Your area we called it Batu Tujuh. Still have good friends staying there. Feel free to post your questions here. Will attempt to answer if able.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                              Oh ok, I see. The key to good coverage like any antenna is placing it high and clear of obstructions i.e. roof line, tall trees. If your have a good view of your surrounding sky then coverage should be quite good - about 200-250 nautical miles all round from your location. If you struggle to get to the top of the roof or due to safety concern you can always hire someone else to do the job, and be specific to them telling where you want the antenna to be so that it is high enough to clear any obstructions. Of course then you will have to pay.

Anyway, for the network surge protector it is something like this if you are thinking of getting one http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...=documentation
                              As mentioned before the green wire needs to be grounded for it to work as described in manufacturer's advice. Another forum member who could give you more advice if you want to know more...

There is quit a bit of info here.. so you can read through it at your leisure.
                              thanks for the info, it is really a lot for me to learn here
                              my intention now is to install it on the highest part on my roof
                              currently looking around for electrician that can help on installing the antenna when the shipment is arrived

Comment

thanks for the info, it is really a lot for me to learn here
                                my intention now is to install it on the highest part on my roof
                                currently looking around for electrician that can help on installing the antenna when the shipment is arrived
                                Yes yes, it was called batu tujuh, since few years ago, thet have changed it to Kota sentosa,
                                cos ppl tends to think and link to the mental hospital batu tujuh when anyone emntioned they are from Batu Tujuh lol

Comment

Working...
                                X