X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup.. let hosting & enjoy the premium account

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Let us not worry about this issue... let's just focus on improving coverage.

Of course, there are reports that suggest ads-b might be encrypted in the future... that will be a more pressing issue if it does happen. For the mean time, just sit back, and relax and enjoy FR24. I believe these kind of flight tracking website improves aviation safety, and for ordinary people, to be able to track the flight of their loved ones is helpful these days where a lot of things are just an app away, of course, that will depend on coverage.
      Basic Rules when dealing Civil Servants.

Rule No 1:

When you are NOT sure, DON'T ask any civil servants.

Rule No 2:

If Civil Servants are NOT sure, refer to Rule No 1.
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• agreed.. lets do not argue either its legal or not.. i think lots of grey area on it, so lets just pray it to be grey for years coming and lets enjoy the coverage
        we voluntarily provide and do not fuss if our hosted radar is not pickup on screen of fr24 website.. everyone of us know what we're doing (biar pecah di perut, jangan
        pecah di mulut)..

arrgghhh my body is itching to upgrade those antennas to cover voids between natuna island and south vietnam.. i'm not sure i can extend coverage further as i believe
        i'm already at max it out to the edge of earth curvation.

Comment

• Agreed too...

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
            I think it still illegal...

Owned a usb SDR just like you have a radio scanner...

Anyway, biar pecah di perut, jangan pecah di mulut.. Malay said. Hehehe
            disagree..it just a passive receiver..it transmits none..so my opinion it possess no security threat..hehe..BUT if the authority decided to curb it..we need to hide the white-colored antenna la..haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
              Many many years ago it was forbidden to own Radio receivers higher than 108mhz. The Ham operators are licensed and limited a certain band. It is an offence to transmit without a license other than a walkie-talkie with range limitation.
              Not sure about ADS-B receivers. Anyway, with the dongle all frequency is in your finger tips.
              At that time..we are still in battle/war with the communist.so i opined that the gomen wants to curb any communications between the communist people deep inside the woods...so on that reason..the frequency is restricted..err am i right?

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
                agreed.. lets do not argue either its legal or not.. i think lots of grey area on it, so lets just pray it to be grey for years coming and lets enjoy the coverage
                we voluntarily provide and do not fuss if our hosted radar is not pickup on screen of fr24 website.. everyone of us know what we're doing (biar pecah di perut, jangan
                pecah di mulut)..

arrgghhh my body is itching to upgrade those antennas to cover voids between natuna island and south vietnam.. i'm not sure i can extend coverage further as i believe
                i'm already at max it out to the edge of earth curvation.
                I also believe you have already max out in terms of range. How far can you go? about 275nm or a bit more? What antenna do you use?

Need to find another site for your quest I think. Oil rigs out of Terengganu might be a way but not sure it will be easy to get internet access/any maintenance if required?

Comment

• yeah, it clearly max out 250++ nm.. hmmm natuna island? haha

Comment

yeah, it clearly max out 250++ nm.. hmmm natuna island? haha
                    Din,

You know anyone in the O&G industry? If we can get them to host one or two Receivers on their oil rigs out there would cover northern South China Sea well.

Comment

• yup i know some.. even that, most obstacle is to get net connection.. some of oilrig has narrowband to shore via microwave/satellite, from what i understood
                      it went thru operator's corporate network before going out, so traffic policy is another issue.. and to install "unapproved" equipment is another matter..

unless lots of things has changed recently..

Comment

yup i know some.. even that, most obstacle is to get net connection.. some of oilrig has narrowband to shore via microwave/satellite, from what i understood
                        it went thru operator's corporate network before going out, so traffic policy is another issue.. and to install "unapproved" equipment is another matter..

unless lots of things has changed recently..
                        Understand the situation. It will never be approved. Due to the strict control of operating electrical equipment on board rigs.

Comment

• As mentioned to me by who, mode s is now online and a look at the logs review no more erros in between logs.

EDIT UPDATE:

as of 1138UTC, the 'ERROR' display still shows, but much less compared to the previous one which the FR24 team had to disable mode s.
                          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-13, 11:39.

Comment

• MLAT is active again saw two just now, one at east coast abeam Kuantan to somewhere south of Pekan, another is a AT75 departing from Subang; and another MLAT around Java. Not sure what happened to the mode s feed, but good that the team have worked to bring it back.

Comment

• All right, my mom picked up the shipment at DHL Miri District Office in the afternoon after 7 days of shipping from Munich on Feb 12, through Leipzig, SG and KCH. No queries & payments requested by the customs. And since CNY is coming, the installation may be delayed or may not, but will try to get it up ASAP. Haven't informed FR24 yet, but will do that later or tomorrow, because I haven't opened it yet.

About the coverage until Natuna Islands, we'll see about that when the installation is complete, hopefully I could cover as much area as possible though.

Happy CNY ya all!!
                              Last edited by edward93; 2015-02-18, 14:57.
                              ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
                                All right, my mom picked up the shipment at DHL Miri District Office in the afternoon after 7 days of shipping from Munich on Feb 12, through Leipzig, SG and KCH. No queries & payments requested by the customs. And since CNY is coming, the installation may be delayed or may not, but will try to get it up ASAP. Haven't informed FR24 yet, but will do that later or tomorrow, because I haven't opened it yet.

About the coverage until Natuna Islands, we'll see about that when the installation is complete, hopefully I could cover as much area as possible though.

Happy CNY ya all!!
                                Good news Edward. Looking forward to your transmission soon. Hope it will cover some of the blind spot at South China Sea.

A very Happy New Year Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X