Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Feeder spotted F-WMAU1 - Mersing Johor.

    Welcome to the FR24 family.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      New Feeder spotted F-WMAU1 - Mersing Johor.

      Welcome to the FR24 family.
      Good addition! Hello to you!

      Still don't see MLAT active around semenanjung. There was quite a decent MLAT for the first MLAT before it was taken down. Guess we need a few more receivers with good coverage around all parts of semenanjung.

      I posted at the Malaysian plane spotter forum asking for anyone around Sarawak interested to host the fr24 receiver to pm me. Hope there is some luck. There wasn't any interest last time when I posted.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-10, 04:52.

      Comment


      • [QUOTE=North Borneo Radar;60226]Good addition! Hello to you!

        Still don't see MLAT active around semenanjung. There was quite a decent MLAT for the first MLAT before it was taken down. Guess we need a few more receivers with good coverage around all parts of semenanjung.

        I do see MLAT aircraft once in awhile limited to about 50 miles around KL. Not that many detected as most are on ADS-B. The odd ATR72-500 of FireFly and some foreign aircraft passing through.

        Comment


        • I do see some Firefly ATR72 on MLAT.

          Comment


          • And finally I see one... B738 reg 9M-MLK. I think it is the only b738 with no ads-b equipped, but I might be wrong.

            image.jpg

            Comment


            • Hello.
              Greetings from WBGG... was asked if interested to install FR24 radar other than Kuching by fellow Mwingers. So i'm just checking out and still learning the aviation jargons. current location is under the departure route from WBGG from runway25... i can hear n see clearly the departure daily.
              What is the requirement to host the radar/feeder/receiver? please advise.

              Comment


              • Please read the requirement details on this page.
                http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment/

                * You are able to keep the receiver online 24/7 feeding our servers via an uninterrupted internet connection


                You can buy your own hardware with less requirements.
                http://www.flightradar24.com/hardware/
                http://www.modesbeast.com (buying the Radarcape box)
                Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-12-17, 04:46.
                Brian

                www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dr Chuo View Post
                  Hello.
                  Greetings from WBGG... was asked if interested to install FR24 radar other than Kuching by fellow Mwingers. So i'm just checking out and still learning the aviation jargons. current location is under the departure route from WBGG from runway25... i can hear n see clearly the departure daily.
                  What is the requirement to host the radar/feeder/receiver? please advise.
                  Hello I have PM you there. Hope you will get on board!

                  Comment


                  • "new feeders,

                    T-WMSA35 - Subang Airport, Selangor, Malaysia.

                    NBR, Are there really 35 T-feeders in KL/Subang area?

                    Comment


                    • Hi, guys. It's been a while. Busy with activities and jobs. Shipped back my receiver to FR24 earlier this month, yet to get anything back.
                      As for updates, the Tioman feeder has been replaced by new receiver and get a new ID F-WMAU1, as is more closer to the Mersing Airport.
                      As for other FR24 receivers nearby WMKK, WMSA, WMKJ,WMKI ( as I know ) all still online. hehe
                      Good to see the thread is expanding and more feeders coming in!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                        Hi, guys. It's been a while. Busy with activities and jobs. Shipped back my receiver to FR24 earlier this month, yet to get anything back.
                        As for updates, the Tioman feeder has been replaced by new receiver and get a new ID F-WMAU1, as is more closer to the Mersing Airport.
                        As for other FR24 receivers nearby WMKK, WMSA, WMKJ,WMKI ( as I know ) all still online. hehe
                        Good to see the thread is expanding and more feeders coming in!
                        Long time no hear from you! The thread is quite active, particularly after Mr Olov Lindberg expressed his wish to improve coverage and MLAT for Malaysia (Philippines also), so if you have any ham friends at decent locations do please ask them to apply.

                        I am working on getting a Sipitang feed, that has a bit of 'bureaucracy' to get over first, we will know after New Year whether the owner is ok to host a receiver. Tawau feeder might apply for a FR24 kit I still need to persuade more; Kudat feed I will try soon. As for Dr Chuo at Kuching, location is good I believe but he is worried about bad internet connection. Still waiting for more info from him so that I can ask Mr Lindberg about it. So progress is slow I am afraid. If you know any ham at Sarawak Ruth please work your magic! drop by here more often if you are able!

                        What happened to your receiver (again?) by the way??

                        Oh and of course, any ham at Indonesian Riau Island we will be most happy and welcomed to host a FR24 kit! lol. Like a Christmas wish list given to you haha.

                        Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                        "new feeders,

                        T-WMSA35 - Subang Airport, Selangor, Malaysia.

                        NBR, Are there really 35 T-feeders in KL/Subang area?
                        I don't really know whether it is 35. Might be more as some are overshadowed by F receivers. All I saw last night was T-WMSA35 briefly when I was checking for MLAT.

                        I would rather say 35 sharing keys were given out for WMSA, and whether those keys are used 24/7 is another matter. WMSA8 and WMSA10 tends to be online most of the time, WMSA33 sometimes. Most feeders come and go I suspect, with only a few really uploading 24/7. If they are in to radar code spotting only (obsessed with their radarcode shown) then they will be disappointed and pull the plug if they are using a DVB-T stick to feed. But if not, they do get FR24 premium which is a good app. The FR24 receivers around WMKK and WMSA has quite good coverage, as you know, so theirs will be shown more. That is of course welcomed for MLAT. Big cities tend to have a big number of T feeders, for example Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo.
                        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-22, 23:22.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                          Long time no hear from you! The thread is quite active, particularly after Mr Olov Lindberg expressed his wish to improve coverage and MLAT for Malaysia (Philippines also), so if you have any ham friends at decent locations do please ask them to apply.

                          I am working on getting a Sipitang feed, that has a bit of 'bureaucracy' to get over first, we will know after New Year whether the owner is ok to host a receiver. Tawau feeder might apply for a FR24 kit I still need to persuade more; Kudat feed I will try soon. As for Dr Chuo at Kuching, location is good I believe but he is worried about bad internet connection. Still waiting for more info from him so that I can ask Mr Lindberg about it. So progress is slow I am afraid. If you know any ham at Sarawak Ruth please work your magic! drop by here more often if you are able!

                          What happened to your receiver (again?) by the way??

                          Oh and of course, any ham at Indonesian Riau Island we will be most happy and welcomed to host a FR24 kit! lol. Like a Christmas wish list given to you haha.

                          I've spread the news again asking them to apply or re-apply. I'll try to find more interested ham in hosting the receivers in the area.My receiver went dead on network at first, then about a week later, the receiver is totally dead, not powering up. I'd try the recovering method (4-5 times) but still no luck.
                          Will see what I can help with this, as finding interested person to put an effort of hosting the FR24 receiver 24/7 is quite hard, unless he/she have a common interest.
                          Here's example of one of my friend, very nice setup http://mysaleh.net/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                            I've spread the news again asking them to apply or re-apply. I'll try to find more interested ham in hosting the receivers in the area.My receiver went dead on network at first, then about a week later, the receiver is totally dead, not powering up. I'd try the recovering method (4-5 times) but still no luck.
                            Will see what I can help with this, as finding interested person to put an effort of hosting the FR24 receiver 24/7 is quite hard, unless he/she have a common interest.
                            Here's example of one of my friend, very nice setup http://mysaleh.net/
                            Ah I do see T-WMKI2 appearing, any chance for him for a fr24 receiver? Did he apply?

                            For your friends who have applied or going to, please ask them to email Mr Olov Lindberg after they applied through fr24 website. Email address below:
                            olov.lindberg@gmail.com

                            He will expedite the process and assess the suitability of the host. Perhaps those who did apply before and haven't heard from fr24 can also email him to enquire. Thanks Ruth it is indeed much appreciated and I too understand that ifone is interested in aviation then it is easier, if not they will just look at you thinking you are weird lol.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-23, 04:15.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                              Ah I do see T-WMKI2 appearing, any chance for him for a fr24 receiver? Did he apply?

                              For your friends who have applied or going to, please ask them to email Mr Olov Lindberg after they applied through fr24 website. Email address below:
                              olov.lindberg@gmail.com
                              He already apply 2-3 times, maybe too near to other feeders (FR24 receivers) and due to less traffic, maybe they not granted the application. But he come out with Ras-Pi + DVB-T, and now doing quite well in feeding to both FR24 and FlightAware.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                                He already apply 2-3 times, maybe too near to other feeders (FR24 receivers) and due to less traffic, maybe they not granted the application. But he come out with Ras-Pi + DVB-T, and now doing quite well in feeding to both FR24 and FlightAware.
                                I do see his radar code time to time. Please ask him to email Mr Lindberg, one last try I suppose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X