No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to use splitter to connect both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
      Feel free to experiment with different antennas if you wish. Just be careful

I am still looking for receiver locations.
      Thanks Olov.

Quite a few of us are acutely aware of the void at that airspace above Riau Achipelago. It should be a tourist attraction site, hence there should be facilities to help the FR24 kit to be hosted and set up.... It has been on our wish list for a looong time. Sibu/Bintulu of Sarawak should also help reduce that void. We just don't know who and when will apply to host there.

I am not so sure about the 2nd circle further up North... don't know whether there is a habitation present there?

Hope you have better luck than us!

I need time to work on Kudat, and to assess the possibility of other locations. The Tawau feeder is too busy with work at the moment, so I cant make much progress over there.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-12-04, 13:26. Reason: grammar - too tired!

Comment

• do people in that islands have internet connection? was it feasible??

Comment

Feel free to experiment with different antennas if you wish. Just be careful

I am still looking for receiver locations.
          Hi Olov,

Of the two red circles, the bottom one is part of Indonesia known as Natuna Island. The airport there is known as Ranai (WION). There is township and villages there with Indonesian Air Force present. You should try with your Indonesian contacts. They are supporting Oil & Gas platforms in the region.

The other red circle further north is not an island in the proper sense. Mostly coral reefs and man made islands occupied by the military. A few countries in the region and China are claiming the islands in part or wholly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Yes - something strange = it was flying beyond its design range, unless it got 4 external fuel tanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4784[/ATTACH]
            When It was takingoff from RPLL and flew Above My House I saw a Jet,and i checked Flightradar24 It is Showing as Helicopter

Maybe It is A Gulfstream IV

Its Registration IS N168BB
            Ice
            F-RPLL3

Comment

Hi Guys!

Anyone in Malaysia running a DVB-T stick with good coverage? Send me an email, olov.lindberg@gmail.com, and I will look at the possibility to upgrade you to a Flightradar24 receiver.
              We are looking to improve our MLAT coverage in Malaysia now.

Cheers
              Olov
              Flightradar24
              T-WMKP6. I'm using DVB-T stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberflyz View Post
                T-WMKP6. I'm using DVB-T stick.
                Cyberflyz,

Send an email to Olov at his gmail address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                  Cyberflyz,

Send an email to Olov at his gmail address.
                  Already send him email.

Comment

Already send him email.
                    Great. Let him assess and see how. I am sure he is a busy man so might take a few days at least for his reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Great. Let him assess and see how. I am sure he is a busy man so might take a few days at least for his reply.
                      okay can i know what port does the receiver use? my ISP blocked some ports.

Comment

okay can i know what port does the receiver use? my ISP blocked some ports.
                        I am on streamyx and no problems encountered. Just plug in the RJ45 cable to one of the LAN ports in the Modem/Router and all is taken care of by the software installed in the FR24 box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                          I am on streamyx and no problems encountered. Just plug in the RJ45 cable to one of the LAN ports in the Modem/Router and all is taken care of by the software installed in the FR24 box.
                          I'm using Yes 4G provided by MOE. Need to use vpn to feed T-WMKP6 -,-'

Comment

• Thanks guys (and gals?). Now in touch with 3 new potential hosts that I am assessing.

Comment

Thanks guys (and gals?). Now in touch with 3 new potential hosts that I am assessing.
                              That should keep you busy for a while and hope the locations are satisfactory for your consideration. Do please keep us informed if able and you know where to find us if you need any assistance.

Comment

I'm using Yes 4G provided by MOE. Need to use vpn to feed T-WMKP6 -,-'
                                Take things step by step. Once you are confirmed to host a kit, you can always send an email to support of FR24. Others around here might be able to help when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X