Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gliders over UK T-FLRM1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sriniva,
    It is quite easy to set up the necessary hardware to feed FLARM data, see my post earlier in this thread, the easiest option is to use a RaspberryPi 2, the GliderNet Wiki has links to a pre-compiled image that you just burn to a CF card then follow the web based configuration utility, you also need a 10 (or less) RTL dongle and an antenna, you can build your own or buy a commercial one.
    Whereabouts in the country are you based? If you fly at Lasham then I can probably meet up with you and help with any problems you run into.
    Ben.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
      Sriniva,
      It is quite easy to set up the necessary hardware to feed FLARM data, see my post earlier in this thread, the easiest option is to use a RaspberryPi 2, the GliderNet Wiki has links to a pre-compiled image that you just burn to a CF card then follow the web based configuration utility, you also need a 10 (or less) RTL dongle and an antenna, you can build your own or buy a commercial one.
      Whereabouts in the country are you based? If you fly at Lasham then I can probably meet up with you and help with any problems you run into.
      Ben.
      Thank you, for the information, I have figured out most of it by the time I got your reply.

      I fly in India in the city of Pune. We once upon a time used to have a Telegram contest with BGA & on the Indian side we had IGA in Pune, much before OLC (1950-70).

      I am trying to revive this again. but our restriction is the Air Force Station 5 Nm away like Odiham. They want to know were the gliders are to maintain traffic separation. It will be expensive to equip gliders with Mode-S/ADS-B Xpdr, hence I have been experimenting with FLARMRADAR, FR24 is idealas it will display M-S/ADS-B & gliders with Flarm.

      I am trying to look for the application to be loaded on the RP2B fot it feed data to FR24.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by sriniva View Post
        Thank you, for the information, I have figured out most of it by the time I got your reply.

        I fly in India in the city of Pune. We once upon a time used to have a Telegram contest with BGA & on the Indian side we had IGA in Pune, much before OLC (1950-70).

        I am trying to revive this again. but our restriction is the Air Force Station 5 Nm away like Odiham. They want to know were the gliders are to maintain traffic separation. It will be expensive to equip gliders with Mode-S/ADS-B Xpdr, hence I have been experimenting with FLARMRADAR, FR24 is idealas it will display M-S/ADS-B & gliders with Flarm.

        I am trying to look for the application to be loaded on the RP2B fot it feed data to FR24.

        As we on this topic, I would like to know what application that I need on RP 2B to feed to FR24/OGN?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by sriniva View Post
          As we on this topic, I would like to know what application that I need on RP 2B to feed to FR24/OGN?
          Sriniva,
          Unfortunately the FR24 feed is not done by the local reciever, it is done as a feed from the APRS server, you would be best posting your query on the OGN forum : https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...nglidernetwork
          There is a developer who is involved with both OGN and FR24, however you would be more likely to get a detailed answer on the OGN forum.
          You may also want to look at the OGN tracker, this is a DIY tracker that can be built for around 25-30 USD and would probably be adequate in your situation.
          Ben.
          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

          Comment

          Working...
          X