Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know,I don't know which is more annoying.Those confounded grey boxes that have rendered FR24 next to useless,or the complete refusal on the part of admin to acknowledge what they know to be a problem to some of us.Come on admin,let us know what's going on.If you can't fix it,grow a pair and let us know.

Comment

I think they told you everything about that subject, and you are talking to yourself.
      But.....
      I really don't see the problem....
      Boxes are transparent, and if you use sattelite map as I do, it's not hard to ignore the box.
      On the other hand...if you use regular map, there is no way in hell that boxes are only thing that is preventing you to see info. Why? The letters are all white and if there is 4-5 planes in small area, you will see what???? You are gonna' read the info??? Yea right...
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
        I think they told you everything about that subject, and you are talking to yourself.
        But.....
        I really don't see the problem....
        Boxes are transparent, and if you use sattelite map as I do, it's not hard to ignore the box.
        On the other hand...if you use regular map, there is no way in hell that boxes are only thing that is preventing you to see info. Why? The letters are all white and if there is 4-5 planes in small area, you will see what???? You are gonna' read the info??? Yea right...
        On the contrary, "they" have not told anyone everything - in fact "they" (excluding the mods who have tried) have said nothing other than a fit of pique from the forum administrator, directed at an individual poster who asked a bit assertively for an answer - is it going to be fixed or not? You and many others may not have a problem with it and that's fine but others do. It was introduced without any comment and should be optional as are many other things on FR24 that I consider totally useless but which others find useful eg clouds,weather, beacons, satellite maps.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          On the contrary, "they" have not told anyone everything - in fact "they" (excluding the mods who have tried) have said nothing other than a fit of pique from the forum administrator, directed at an individual poster who asked a bit assertively for an answer - is it going to be fixed or not? You and many others may not have a problem with it and that's fine but others do. It was introduced without any comment and should be optional as are many other things on FR24 that I consider totally useless but which others find useful eg clouds,weather, beacons, satellite maps.
          I find the clouds useful - they show where there are weather patterns on trans-oceanic routes to fly around, but perhaps what is most important is that they can be turned off by those who don't want them.

Comment

Any news on the boxes, are they here to stay or are they being changed?
            lhr.jpg
            Last edited by airbus319uk; 2014-06-06, 09:15.

Comment

Airbus,I think Admin are of the opinion that if you ignore a complaint long enough,then it'll disappear.Well it wont!Have the bloody decency to man up,and let us know whats happening,admin!

Comment

I'm afraid you're wasting your time with this one - I previously made several posts under the "Oh dear what have you done" thread started on 13/3 but replies included
                1 - switch off labels
                2 - a link to a page that showed the status of my Premium Account ???
                3 - told if I didn't like it then stop paying for it, "it's that simple really" - how I do that when I had paid 12 months in advance was not addressed - it's NOT that simple really
                I stopped posting on 21/3 as no one from Admin are interested and here we are 92 days later - same problem, same lack of response, same contempt for customers who have raised legitimate concerns, it's disgraceful.

Comment

I'm fortunate enough in that congestion around big airports doesn't affect me very much,but I feel for those that are.The recent screenshot on here of the area around Heathrow was horrendous.But even around Dublin airport,the mess of callsigns etc can render the site useless,and I have had cause to move to another such site in the past.I only pay for my Android app so I'm not out of pocket very much,but it just maddens me that the FR24 admin know of the problem,and consistently ignore it.The grey backgrounds weren't there in the past.Why are they here now?Thats the simple question.

Comment

I have to add that,apart from this annoying niggle,I find FR24 to be the best of the bunch.I use it every day in a plane spotting and airband listening sorta way and find it invaluable.Just that wee niggle..............

Comment

what's the latest on this. here to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by airbus319uk View Post
                        what's the latest on this. here to stay?
                        I'd reckon so but I'll wait to see what the long promised update brings.

Comment

Hi,

It's just over 2 months since the last post here #26. The then upcoming changes should have been completed by now. If they have been it would be nice to know what they were/are and how to use any new facilities. I can't find anything on here to tell me that, maybe there is but I can't find it. The grey boxes are still there and now the info inside the box doesn't fit, for some aircraft and the box has to be made larger, by the system, to fit it in, exacerbating the "box clash" problem. The default map seems to have changed to one less useful, it is more mono tonal, and we've lost extended playback. Anyone like to comment on these changes? Users, Mod's or Admin'.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

As a "user", I think colouring the label background was a big mistake and I just don't see the benefit. Conversely I can see the negative impact. A compromise would have made this an option in Settings.

But I think we have to accept that FR24 calls the shots and we have to "like it or lump it".

I sometimes wonder why it operates a forum?
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Anmer,

Yes you are right "like it or lump it" seems to be the way.

As for the Forum, well it would be the ideal place to inform the customers what was, or is about to happen, so it minimises the "why has this changed" type postings.

Nothing on the latest upgrades seems to have been posted anywhere by FR24 themselves.

Still the best free site of it's type though.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by mezzoman View Post
                                Still the best free site of it'a type though.
                                Agreed but we should not forget that there are those who have paid for a Premium subscription who also see the same grey labels.
                                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X