Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very sceptical about going for "Premium" facilities on these type of websites.

You sign up for a package and then find it changes a little way down the line, and not to your liking.

I'm sure many are happy with what they have, and, you can always go back to the free version if you feel you are not getting what you want, or signed up for.

However if that happens soon after going for Premium, it does rather put one off continuing with the service.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Premium is available on a monthly subscription that can be cancelled at any time.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Oh didn't realise that. At least if you get to the stage the negatives out way the positives you can cancel.

I'm fairly happy to use the free version, but, if I don't like something, I will express a view. :0)

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          I sometimes wonder why it operates a forum?
          Me too. For instance, does anyone know another internet forum running under vBulletin software that does not allow private mail between users? I don't and I participate in 11 of them.

Comment

It's the feeders who provide the data who have made this site what it is - it would easy to see how people would switch to FlightAware where the attitude of the people is less like it or lump it and they are setting up their own feeder network (albeit at lower cost through not spending $500+ each on radarcapes)

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              It's the feeders who provide the data who have made this site what it is
              And the successful, profitable business that FR24 has become.

Every feeder is a volunteer, including those hosting FR24 supplied Radarcapes. Ignore that at one's peril.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

To get back to the 'grey box' thing,I am specifically asking via this forum this question to admin:

Why are the grey boxes still there?.Why did you change it? If there is a specific reason for such a change please tell us what it is.Like I said before,the 'like it or lump it' attitude is not to everyones taste so would somebody please grow a pair,and let us know.

Comment

Great, finally someone here to discuss the topic.

Flightradar24 is being developed and changed all the time. Last months we have spent a lot of time on a code cleanup and design update of FR24 that will be released in October that will make it possible to continue developing FR24 in to the future. Internally the focus has been on this update for some time, which has been stopping up the release of some changes and new features that we already have ready for release. We can't comment now exactly what will be released and when, more than the upcoming design release is a start to get some things moving forward. This includes some changes to the labels as well.

I just want to comment some things that has been discussed in the thread. FR24 provides a Premium feature that removes ads, removes time out and adds some more features to FR24. Full information about Premium can be found https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/

Premium does not mean that you see more aircraft or that design of the web page will not change. Most of the features that will be released during 2014 and in the future will be available for Premium users only. There will also be 2 new levels of the Premium membership and Premium will be much more in focus by the end of 2014.

Flightradar24 listens to all input from users, premium and non premium, but just to be clear; FR24 have about 9 millions monthly users and about 10.000 Premium users. If 1000 Premium or non-premium users are not satisfied with a change of the design in the future it does not mean that FR24 will roll it back.

Comment

The topic of this thread is "Aircraft labels have grey background" and most posts complain about this being introduced.

I guess the question that most of those who complain would like answered is:

"Can we have an option to choose a transparent label background?"
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Flightradar24 is being developed and changed all the time. Last months we have spent a lot of time on a code cleanup and design update of FR24 that will be released in October that will make it possible to continue developing FR24 in to the future. Internally the focus has been on this update for some time, which has been stopping up the release of some changes and new features that we already have ready for release. We can't comment now exactly what will be released and when, more than the upcoming design release is a start to get some things moving forward. This includes some changes to the labels as well.

I just want to comment some things that has been discussed in the thread. FR24 provides a Premium feature that removes ads, removes time out and adds some more features to FR24. Full information about Premium can be found https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/

Premium does not mean that you see more aircraft or that design of the web page will not change. Most of the features that will be released during 2014 and in the future will be available for Premium users only. There will also be 2 new levels of the Premium membership and Premium will be much more in focus by the end of 2014.

Flightradar24 listens to all input from users, premium and non premium, but just to be clear; FR24 have about 9 millions monthly users and about 10.000 Premium users. If 1000 Premium or non-premium users are not satisfied with a change of the design in the future it does not mean that FR24 will roll it back.
                      I've just become a Premium user because I like the Site.I use it every day with my planespotting and Airband listening hobbies.Mike I've read your comment and even yet,after all this time you still haven't answered the question.WHY has it been changed? It was OK the way it was.Has somebody looked at it and said "Oh yes,that looks much better than it was.The grey boxes overlap each other and render the information unintelligible.But hey,it definitely is an improvement.I hope nobody wants it changed back,because I don't know how to do it.If they complain we'll just fob them off".Thats not the way of it Mike.Is it....? Mike...?

Comment

jedthebass - that is exactly the way it is, even his last paragraph which confirms the "like it or lump it" attitude still offers no answer to the original question of why?
                        It is now 203 days since this problem was first reported and nothing has happened to change my post of 13/6/14 - I hope you opted for a monthly subscription and not the annual one I fell for.

Comment

I'm just wondering what the difference will be between the 'Premium' subscription and the 'premium+'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

This statement fails logically because to make such a comparison valid you would need to have, in addition to the negative comments on this forum, the much larger number of positive responses actually expressed on the forum rather than being assumed because they have not complained. These positive expressions do not exist in any great number.

While it is the right of FR24 to ignore complaints and persist with features which some users do not like, most people here would be satisfied to be be told in clear terms, not corporate PR speak, why they have to put up with these grey backgrounds and why they can't be eliminated or made optional. How is this so difficult for obviously intelligent people who have created a brilliant application and, I expect, a successful company that nevertheless depends greatly on the goodwill of its dedicated feeders and those users who care enough about the product to participate in this forum.

Comment

I've pondered the introduction of grey label backgrounds for many months, asking myself "Why do it?" and "Why is FR24 so silent?".

I even emailed the CEO but got nowhere.

"Why do it?"

I really don't know. It doesn't add any value and makes the labels virtually unreadable, as reported so often before. The only reason I can think of is to downgrade the free site and make a coloured background an option in Premium, encouraging the sale of more subscriptions. That sounds an unfair suggestion and I hope I'm wrong. But FR24 has never shared its thinking with us so we're bound to fill the vacuum.

"Why is FR24 so silent?"

Again, this baffles me. Silence may avoid an explanation or apology but fuels conspiracists and resentment and ignores the views of customers and feeders. AirNav adopted a similar attitude and suffered the consequences. It's not good business practice to ignore feedback, good or bad. One can build on good feedback and address the bad.

This thread, which is not the only one on the same topic, was started on 6th April 2014 and required 37 posts before we received a response from FR24. Unfortunately a response which didn't address the original question.

On balance FR24 has good products and a great team of people. Which makes the silence even more intriguing.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Sorry, but I have read the first post 5 times now and still don't see any question. I have also search for a question mark on first page on and got 0 hits. So I still don't know what the questions is. This thread is only a bit less cryptic that the previous one. I have answered some of the questions posted later in this thread in this post and it looks like we will not reach so much longer so I close the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X