Biz Jets playing tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biz Jets playing tag

Interesting game of tag between a LearJet and a Westwind over southern Queensland this morning. They appear to have taken off from the Amberley RAAF base and at times followed each other as close as 400ft vertical separation and on identical tracks. Briefly the rate of descent of the Lear exceeded 5000ft/min (if FR24 is able to accurately report on that sort of vertical speed). Attached photo only shows the track of the Lear but for most of the journey the Westwind's track overlaid it almost exactly. They eventually chased each other into NSW and I had to give up and do some work. Who knows what it was all about.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by airnrail; 2014-04-03, 01:00.

Secret Squirrel stuff..

Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-04-03, 01:17.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the link. Never thought to look up Pel Air as I thought they were were just a charter company. The two jets landed later at Nowra.

Comment

Nope, Pel-Air (sister to Regional Express/REX) do charter, medical, freight and defense work.

VH-EEB (Embraer EMB-120ER Brasilia) is stored and VH-EKD (SAAB 340A) is awaiting paint at Wagga Wagga Airport. VH-KNU (IAI 1124 Westwind) visited Wagga about two weeks ago.
        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

I'm guessing that's who and what they are probably doing in close proximity

Known to tow drones for shooting down practice
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
          X