Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to adsbScope ?

G'Day.
    I'm having lots of trouble with adsbScope crashing every 48 hours or so.
    Is there any alternative to the above that can be recommended ?

I also wonder why FR24 can't decode the data directly from the hardware?
    (Or have an intermediary program like adsbScope)

Thanks, Greg.
    GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
    HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

FR24 sw uses data directly from RTL1090 when you start is in /30003. create shortcut on desktop and go to properties and add at the end of target: " /30003" (without "" and mind the space before /)
    or you can feed from VRS.....
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

You could also set-up a Linux PC or Raspberry Pi, have Dump1090 to decode. You can then feed data to VRS, FR24 (with their Linux program), ect.
      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Originally posted by YSWG View Post
        You could also set-up a Linux PC or Raspberry Pi, have Dump1090 to decode. You can then feed data to VRS, FR24 (with their Linux program), ect.
        Works for me too ...
        Only problem is to get a new ADSBscope polar plot you need to keep the windows PC up and running or a day or so - where usually you don't need it.

Comment

G'Day Amper. I don't use the RTL dongle, I use the GNS 5890 from Germany.
          I tried your suggestion, but no luck. I'll see if there are any setting in the GNS that may need to be modified.
          I also have a spare RTL as well (unused as yet). I'll give that a try later as well.
          Regards, Greg.
          GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).

Comment

Originally posted by YSWG View Post
            G'Day. Sorry but this is not an option for me. I use a Windows 7 PC that is also running hardware & software for lightning detection (Boltek). See:

As it runs 24/7 this is the ideal PC to run FR24 feeder on at the same time.

Now if I could only get the Lightning, Weather Radar, and FR24 all on the one Google Map, I'd be in heaven ! ;-)

Regards, Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
              I use a Windows 7 PC that is also running hardware & software for lightning detection (Boltek). As it runs 24/7 this is the ideal PC to run FR24 feeder on at the same time.

Now if I could only get the Lightning, Weather Radar, and FR24 all on the one Google Map, I'd be in heaven ! ;-)
              Greg, I have a near identical setup (several mini-ITX systems running these apps concurrently), and yeah, it would be great to get an all-in-one display!

Here's my sensor array.

Comment

Hi BPo,

try ModesMixer2 as decoder Software:

Kind Regards

Flightliner

Comment

I have had RTL1090beta3, adsbscope, plane plotter, fr24 and acarsd running 24/7 for the last eight days without a hiccup. Perhaps it is the fresh minimum installation of Win XP that has it so stable.

Comment

Working...
                  X