Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charky View Post
    Hi,
    as it looks like you have changed the port configuration from 30003 to 30334 raw data.
    If 1 individual at the server is doing things like that it influences some 100 uploaders searching for problems on their configuration.
    This is a waste of time.
    please inform before you change.
    thanks
    Thanks for your input and report Karl. I'm not really sure what happened here and we are still investigating this. There has been no firmware updates recently only some minor tweaks how data is uploaded. Regarding the number of people that are connecting to their receiver it's only about 30-40 people out of about 1200 boxes. Most use the RAW feed only and only a very few use the BS feed.

FR24 is located in Stockholm, but we have people located all over World, including support in UK and Italy and some development in Serbia and Philippines. I'm personally located in Poland this week. That means that not everyone on FR24 is 100% updated on what is happening everywhere on FR24. Hopefully we will have more information to give in the next days.

Comment

thanks Mike.
      at least an info about somebody is doing something to get the situation fixed.
      we had around 10 requests in the chat concerning this port issues.
      cu
      in the meantime 2 boxes are showing to be completely off on both ports
      Last edited by Charky; 2014-02-24, 19:51.
      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Mike, can you clarify which ports should be open?
        On 7 Feb when i sent you (support) the email, i first reported the BS port being down.
        If so little people locally connect to that port, i understand why this is going so slow.
        My email was forwarded to the chief technician, but when i saw my radar return on the website, also catching the ground signals again, i declared this issue closed myself.

But now with the MLAT problems and few other people reporting issues, i wonder if they are related.

If indeed all BS ports have be shut down, but they are needed for MLAT in the software, then indeed hundreds could have an issue, not personal but for FR24 to display the aircraft the way they want.

A very simple question then:
        RECEIVER SOFTWARE: OFF [start, display log]
        RAW FEED [30334]: UP, NUM CONNECTED: 0
        BS FEED [30003]: DOWN
        Are these the correct _new_ settings that are set and wanted for the FR24 receivers?

I can confirm LOCAL AC traffic is visible (red) via http://radarview.flightradar24.com/ however i do not see any extra connection being made to the RAW port (or the down BS port for that matter).

Edit:
        Come to think of it, i probably clicked RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON <-- STOP a few days/weeks ago, when i mis-clicked display log.
        Maybe i turned the MLAT software off but clicking the start link doesn't work? It makes one wonder...

Edit2:
        I have rebooted the software via REBOOT RECEIVER button, the result:

First:
        RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [start, display log]

But not 1 second later refreshing the page:
        RAW FEED [30334]: DOWN

it seems we're onto something here.

LOCAL AC traffic via radarview now also has stopped working.

Edit3: This now has turned into a serious bug report, copying this to support.

Edit4:
        Report sent. Charky it seems you were one of the first to catch the ALL ports down, but these issues have been starting since 7 feb when MLAT has been decreasing.
        Now my receiver is no longer reporting aircraft on the website as well. We shall await the solution!

Edit5: Just to be sure, turning the receiver off and on pulling the power adapter has the same results; off, down, down.
        Last edited by Jarod; 2014-02-24, 21:02.

Comment

Thanks Jarod

Exactly the same problem.I'm having the same problem.I've notified support...We expect a solution soon...
          F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
            Mike, can you clarify which ports should be open?
            RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [start, display log]

But not 1 second later refreshing the page:
            9:00 UTC I am having this same problem.

Comment

Same problem here. Feed seems to be down.

I had to change the network security config here earlier, and had to reboot both switches, and access points.

Since then, it's not been able to connect. Thought I'd done something, but turns out it may not be a problem here.

Comment

Same problem here too, sunday afternoon my router was jammed and support send mail about 23:00 that FR24 feed is offline. Monday morning I reboot router and everything works fine to monday afternoon when this problem started, resetting everything, checking connections ect...

stat.JPG
                Last edited by aabelix; 2014-02-24, 23:28.

Comment

F-EFKK1 same here

We have temporarily disabled the secondary feeds while we diagnose the issue. MikeC

This I got on an e-mail today 25.2.2014
                  __________________________________________________ _
                  You learn something new every day in your life

http://www.multi.fi/~jaboman

Comment

Here too (just to press for a solution )

Comment

So, at least we're not alone.
                      The receiver also seems to be tracking less aircraft now too.

In the Radarview, I've changed the colors so that local traffic is yellow, and before, I'd have 50-80 aircraft as "Local Traffic", now I have less than 5...

Comment

Apology now? No? Not yet? Never? On the e-mail is good enough.
                        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          Apology now? No? Not yet? Never? On the e-mail is good enough.
                          When premium login was not remembered on some google chrome systems we were ignored also. Only pushing and pushing and pushing finally resulted in a proper website designer to locate and fix the problem.
                          After that not a single word was uttered also. Now with MLAT failing and even complete radars off the grid, we indeed were right again. Pushing pushing pushing and finally some words of acknowledgement.

Most of us have worked with radio and computers for years and years, but a lot of us cannot express our self properly. But the same can be said from the people we are dealing with.
                          We simply have NO idea how busy they are with support. Some things they can say, but other things they cannot. It's a harsh world where your ideas and products can be stolen from you when you blink your eyes once.

But this doesn't change the fact that FR24 is absolutely awesome, and the reason we are a bit harsh is maybe because we want FR24 to be the absolute best. I do.
                          And when you report an issue then, and it is ignored or even portrait as nonexistent, your blood pressure can go up a bit!

And don't worry about there not going to be a fix. We are FR24!

Edit:
                          While typing this, my radar appeared back on the map!

RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [stop, display log]

I hope all receivers are fixed and updated. I will keep an eye out on MLAT again...

Edit2:
                          You can still press RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [stop, display log], the stop button. I would suggest this is removed from the code.
                          I check the log to see if data is send to the servers.

When stop is pressed, clicking on start does not work. A server reboot fixes the problem, but that is due to the updated software from yesterday i am sure.
                          Last edited by Jarod; 2014-02-25, 08:30.

Comment

I guess fix the problem...

my receiver is working now

ltbl1.jpg
                            F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                              When premium login was not remembered on some google chrome systems we were ignored also. Only pushing and pushing and pushing finally resulted in a proper website designer to locate and fix the problem.
                              After that not a single word was uttered also. Now with MLAT failing and even complete radars off the grid, we indeed were right again. Pushing pushing pushing and finally some words of acknowledgement.

Most of us have worked with radio and computers for years and years, but a lot of us cannot express our self properly. But the same can be said from the people we are dealing with.
                              We simply have NO idea how busy they are with support. Some things they can say, but other things they cannot. It's a harsh world where your ideas and products can be stolen from you when you blink your eyes once.

But this doesn't change the fact that FR24 is absolutely awesome, and the reason we are a bit harsh is maybe because we want FR24 to be the absolute best. I do.
                              And when you report an issue then, and it is ignored or even portrait as nonexistent, your blood pressure can go up a bit!

And don't worry about there not going to be a fix. We are FR24!

Edit:
                              While typing this, my radar appeared back on the map!

RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [stop, display log]

I hope all receivers are fixed and updated. I will keep an eye out on MLAT again...
                              Mine to.

And....I'm using Fr24 since...well long long time. It is absolutely awesome and the great work they did. That is the reason I am a host. Not Premium or Pro. I could have that with my dongle.
                              I have couple of boards myself (satellite tv related) with a lot members, and I understand it's hard to deal with many personalities, but they need to work on an approach to feeders. This is frendly advice.

EDIT: Did your stats page started today statistic?
                              up.png
                              Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-25, 08:38.
                              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Mine back to work again BUT.

Port 30003 server is DOWN meaning Radarview and other third party apps won't work. Which is important for me at least.

Is this deliberated?

Correction: Radarview does not use 30003 and is working. Third party apps on 30003 don't.
                                Last edited by byteworks; 2014-02-25, 09:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X