No Squawk info on MLAT bizjets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Squawk info on MLAT bizjets

I have noticed in the last couple of days, that the squawk on a lot of MLAT flights are showing as not available. Can anyone explain the reason for this please.

John A

Hi John,

My duplicate post has been removed, so i'm assuming this is not a FR24 admin' thing to do with security or such and is probably more to do with feeder(s).

But no other replies, which seems odd.

Rob(EGMC)

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight 21 View Post
      I have noticed in the last couple of days, that the squawk on a lot of MLAT flights are showing as not available. Can anyone explain the reason for this please.

John A
      MLAT flights do not send complete information,that is the reason why we do need MLAT to see flights on the map.
      read FAQ// about MLAT
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Hi Amper,

I think there's more to it than that, as since the beginning of this year there has been a significant drop in the number of MLAT aircraft showing a SQUAWK code, mostly Bizjets. This is in an area bounded by LTN/STN/GAT & LHR in SE England. There has to be a better explanation.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Hi,

Just had N421AL go over and showing no SQUAWK on FR24, but on RTL1090 has clearly got a code of 6735. See attached screen grab. If it's Squawking why is that data not passed on to FR24? No squawk N421AL.jpg

Here's another N460QS SQUAWK 5613 at 40000ft Hex A59B0A on the RTL1090, no SQUAWK on FR24 N460QS No Squawk.jpg

Rob
          Last edited by mezzoman; 2014-01-25, 15:27.

Comment

On FR24 there is no registration and ICAO too. So flights are filtered, probably on request. Same thing as BLOCKED. I'm just guessing....
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

FR24 could be blocking the Squawk on those biz flights for some unknown reason.

The answer could be on this page.
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Hi,

I suspect it may be due to limiting data throughput on the servers to ease the burden on them? If the aircraft is transmitting the squawk then it should theoretically be available. It could be similar to blocked, but those aircraft normally show the squawk so if you have RTL1090, or similar, you can find the identity anyway. I know that if you just use FR24 as a casual observer, then blocking is a simple way off masking the i/d.

It's just a pain to have to cross reference all the software running to find the i/d, if you can. The squawk makes it so much easier.

Rob

Edit 20:31 Here's one with an MLAT radar but has the SQK displayed MLAT plus SQK 0333.jpg
                Last edited by mezzoman; 2014-01-25, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                X