ATC Boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC Boundaries

I had a traiterous moment this morning and looked at the radarbox24 site, one thing I did like was the fact it showed ATC boundaries on the Google map image. I wonder if it is an option in FR24 I've missed, it would be a nice addition even if only for Premium users as would the Airways markings which I know are on RadarView.

John
    T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

If ATC boundaries is implemented - The other competitor's site (with Unique coverage by hundreds of receivers world wide - except that WSSS is a vacuum coverage) might complain FR24 "copy" its idea.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by milair View Post
      I had a traiterous moment this morning and looked at the radarbox24 site, one thing I did like was the fact it showed ATC boundaries on the Google map image. I wonder if it is an option in FR24 I've missed, it would be a nice addition even if only for Premium users as would the Airways markings which I know are on RadarView.

John
      If you have some particular use for ATC region info RB could be useful - other than that IMO it's not worth the effort in terms of coverage, speed and available information.

Comment

would need a map overlay or layer, it would be nice to be able to do that - but not just for this, adding flight corridors, radar coverage ext (some can be done in radarview) ... I can't see it happening though (Prove me wrong!)

Comment

I agree it should be implemented (at least in radarview)

for now i use this but it would be nice to have it in RV
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

There have been requests for adding overlays in the past, the main reason FR24 won't add it to the main web page is it would make the maps run slow.

Here is a thread about the subject.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
              There have been requests for adding overlays in the past, the main reason FR24 won't add it to the main web page is it would make the maps run slow.

Here is a thread about the subject.
              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ight=SKYVECTOR
              Are overlays actually rendered by FR24, or do they get referenced and rendered by the web browser possibly from an external site.

Comment

Hello, we discovered that ATC boundaries which showed in Ukraine - incorrect.
                Now we have 4 centers:
                - Kyiv FIR
                - Lviv FIR
                - Odesa FIR
                - Dnipro FIR
                which providing aviation safety in all range of FL. From ground to FL660.

Now on fr24 there mistake: from FL260 to FL660 - at all Ukraine territory showed Kyiv UIR (he not exist).
                Can you fix it?
                Thanks.
                T-UKKK11

Comment

Hi KKS,

Thanks for this information, but after verifying Eurocontrol sources were able to see Kyiv UIR as seen below:

ScreenShotUIR.png

We obtained this from chart 06/H from the following link: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/...nal-charts-erc

Originally posted by KKS View Post
                  Hello, we discovered that ATC boundaries which showed in Ukraine - incorrect.
                  Now we have 4 centers:
                  - Kyiv FIR
                  - Lviv FIR
                  - Odesa FIR
                  - Dnipro FIR
                  which providing aviation safety in all range of FL. From ground to FL660.

Now on fr24 there mistake: from FL260 to FL660 - at all Ukraine territory showed Kyiv UIR (he not exist).
                  Can you fix it?
                  Thanks.
                  Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
                    Hi KKS,

Thanks for this information, but after verifying Eurocontrol sources were able to see Kyiv UIR as seen below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7945[/ATTACH]

We obtained this from chart 06/H from the following link: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/...nal-charts-erc
                    thanks for answer, but here is some mistake. Because in site of Ukrainian State Air Traffic Services Enterprise - http://uksatse.ua/index.php?act=Part&CODE=320&lang=en clearly observed "The zone of responsibility of Kyivcenteraero RB covers 185,834 sq. km of Ukrainian territory. The ATS height range is from the ground to 20,100 m. "
                    I will try ask our local ATC why their site and eurocontrol charts have different info.
                    T-UKKK11

Comment

Working...
                    X