Multiple Unknown Aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    I have disabled this feed once more and asked the feeder if he can explain these spurious plots.

Last time he wasn't using the latest version of the decoding software but it looks like something else is going on.
    Also was seeing feeder T-PP1 doing the same thing at the same time. Don't know if the user was trying to use PlanePlotter and FR24 both at the same time or not.

Comment

Here is the screenshot for the Atlanta area. It sounds like the same type of thing. Perhaps it's the same fix.

Confusing.jpg

Comment

Love to know what planet its locating those HEX codes from lol. Wayyyy outta standard scope
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It would help us if we knew the date and UTC time when these are spotted so we can run playback?

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
            It would help us if we knew the date and UTC time when these are spotted so we can run playback?
            I was seeing them at 16:01 UTC on 01/20 over the DFW airport and close to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyCool View Post
              I was seeing them at 16:01 UTC on 01/20 over the DFW airport and close to that area.
              Thank you for providing that earlier, which was very helpful.

Comment

I see them often over the Atlanta area (KATL), but a good one to show you is Jan 20 starting at 14:05 UTC.

Comment

Here is another one over Missouri showing radar T-MLAT2 at 20:09Z today (1/23/13)

Comment

Can't really read the aircraft registration on it ... AD83F9????

This is what would decode to the aircraft registration ... if it's on the database.

If you d a google search on AD82F9 - does it yeild anything useful? - It might be military or something that just doesn't have the equipment to transmit callsigns

Comment

I did that earlier, comes back to a small aircraft that usually does 12,000ft. Not FL400 well bogus
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

After watching the aircraft for a bit I am fairly certain this one was real as it continued on a straight trajectory and did not make sudden rapid course changes and didn't appear and then disappear quickly like the others were doing.

Comment

Still seeing these ghost planes periodically. Here is one from station T-PP1 today
                          fr24-021214-2033.jpg

Comment

And again at 21:30 UTC had multiple false returns from radar T-PP1 over DFW airport

fr24-021214-2130.jpg

Comment

I've followed this thread for a while with interest. Aircraft with the tag "No callsign" appear often and all over the world. If you keep an eye on the aircraft for more than just a few minutes, the tag will most often change to something plausible. No idea what causes it but I don't lose any sleep over it. Don't be confused by multiple "No callsigns" around major airports either because they are invariably ground vehicles equipped with ADS-B.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                                I've followed this thread for a while with interest. Aircraft with the tag "No callsign" appear often and all over the world. If you keep an eye on the aircraft for more than just a few minutes, the tag will most often change to something plausible. No idea what causes it but I don't lose any sleep over it. Don't be confused by multiple "No callsigns" around major airports either because they are invariably ground vehicles equipped with ADS-B.
                                That's not the case on these. Take a look at the two images I posted. These aircraft will show up suddenly, right over like DFW airport and have an altitude of 500 feet or less, move across the area of the airport and then disappear. Others will show up for a couple of minutes other places on the map, show a weird flight pattern, then disappear. There is no squeak info, callsign or registration showing, and they also appear in groups at times. I think it is some type of simulator from one of the tracking software packages and the T- station is sending the simulator data to FR24. Just run the playback for 21:35 - 21:35 UTC on 02/12 over DFW airport and you can see what I am talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X