Multiple Unknown Aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Unknown Aircraft?

Was watching FR24 and a whole bunch of aircraft images popped up all showing 'Unknown' as the call sign. They would show up then disappear and others would show up (see image below.)

Any ideas on these 'ghost' aircraft?

unknown targets.jpg

And they all show to be off of one radar, T-KAFW1

Comment

Click on one, possibly MLAT if there are F-Receivers around. In which case the details are often limited

/edit or not.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Didn't show MLAT as they all identified the radar as 'T-KAFW1'. See the sidebar in the image.

Comment

Seeing the same phenomenon again today. Multiple aircraft being reported from T-KAFW1 with no callsign or registration. Altitudes and speeds are weird as well. I also have checked my system and the aircraft shown that would be high enough for my antenna to receive are not there. Looks like the station is displaying bogus planes as they will suddenly show up then disappear a little while later.

Comment

Thanks for spotting this. I have contacted the feeder to ascertain what might be happening.

Comment

The same thing is happening in the Atlanta area. T-KATL5. It was mentioned in length in another thread. Perhaps you could take a look at that as well.

Thanks for all you do

Comment

It would be interesting to know what's causing this (so T feeders like me can be more cautious)

Comment

Still seeing this issue today from T-KAFW1 and now T-PP1 feeders in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Planes will show up, then disappear; move quickly across the screen, etc. All bogus aircraft ID's show starting with A00 (example A00A95) and show N/A in the Squawk field. Almost looks like someone running a flight simulator program and feeding that info to FR24.

Comment

I've just taken a look and can't see this?

Are you viewing the website?

Comment

It is intermittent and they come and go, but I have seen it on the website as well as on the iOS app on my Ipad. The next time I see it I will do a couple of screen captures with the information panel on the left pulled up for the aircraft.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                          Great, thanks.
                          I found if you do a playback at 16:01 UTC you will see what I am talking about right over DFW airport. There are several 'Unknown' and 'No Callsign' blips at that time.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look. I appreciate your help.

Comment

I have disabled this feed once more and asked the feeder if he can explain these spurious plots.

Last time he wasn't using the latest version of the decoding software but it looks like something else is going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X