T-XXXX or F-XXXX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KCHS1 View Post
    So it seems to me I'm wasting my time feeding, looks like the F-KCHS1 is taking priority, and my T-KCHS1 does not show up at all, and I think I have greater range than the guy using F- I'm seeing aircraft farther then the F- but it looks like F-takes priority...
    I have been observing the feeding system for a long time now and I think that KCHS1 is absolutely right.
    In my case I have a T-XXXX radar with a max range of 290-330nm (very good diy antenna indeed) and my daily rate of positions sent to FR24 is in the range 55K-65K.
    If the T-XXXX and F-XXXX radars would have the same probability to be shown, then when you click on a plane and you do it tens of times, in 50% of the cases you should see the plane followed by T-XXXX and in the other 50% by a F-XXXX.

It almost never happens to me to see that my radar is tracking one of the planes approaching my local airport, nor planes flying around the island where I live.
    The advantage here is that in our small island there are just three F-XXXX radars and two T-XXXX ones.
    So itīs easy to see which one is doing the job.
    So, yes, I think despite all the efforts to set-up the radar and a 24/7 activity F-XXXX radars are highly prioritized.
    Last edited by perseus68; 2018-08-22, 15:01. Reason: mispell
    Orange Pi PC Plus + NooElec NESDR SMArt + homemade 6 ele CoCo

Comment

Originally posted by perseus68 View Post
      I have been observing the feeding system for a long time now and I think that KCHS1 is absolutely right.
      So, yes, I think despite all the efforts to set-up the radar and a 24/7 activity F-XXXX radars are highly prioritized.
      This topic has been discussed more times than I can remember (and I joined this forum at the very beginning).

The radar "label" has absolutely no relevance to the data that's being received and used to track a flight.

As long as flights are being shown on FR24 (unless they're blocked for a reason) and your feed is recognised with a free Business subscription, I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
      X