Feature request for filters on webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request for filters on webpage

Its nice as feeder to see if your track data is being used, I personally am not bothered if it is or isn't as I know I am helping by contributing either way.

At the moment you can only filter by radars that are being used sometimes the list is long and its hard to find your station if its there at all.

My feature request is for radar filter option:

If by being signed in and you are registered as a feeder that your radar code is always at the top of the list of radar codes even if it isn't being used or somewhere on the page that pops up to select the codes to filter. So I could very quickly see if my feed is being used without searching for it.

Hopefully you get what I mean.
    Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-01-05, 20:48.
    T-EGLF8

As mentioned many time on forum now, radar code filter does NOT show correct data. Please use "radarview" to check your local coverage.

Comment

I may have incorrectly assumed that if I found my radar code in the filter list it meant my feed was being used for the display, it may only show the one aircraft for a few seconds when selected. I was still happy to see it

I wasn't expecting to see all my local traffic by using the filter.

I have since done some more reading so I might start asking sensible questions soon.
      Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-01-05, 21:45. Reason: typo's
      T-EGLF8

Comment

I would like to propose two requests for the web page filter :

1. Currently it is possible to filter by airline, would it be possible to have a filter which shows all aircraft belonging to a specific alliance ?
        (i.e. OneWorld, Skyteam, Star Alliance,...)
        Currently this could be done by adding the airlines one by one. This which is rather error prone and would have to be redone each time.
        I know it will be impossible to get all the flights correct but just a filter to show all aircraft belonging to the airlines of the choosen alliance.

2. MLAT and MLAT2 is now buried in the long list of feeders.
        Could there be a seperate button to switch an MLAT only view on/off ?

mezoo

Comment

1. If you sign onto premium, you can save the filter settings so they dont need to be redone.
          2. Same goes for Mlat

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            1. If you sign onto premium, you can save the filter settings so they dont need to be redone.
            2. Same goes for Mlat

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
            Hi Peter, can you add to your post that 'Bookmarks' are in the drop down menu 'Jump to Area'

Thanks i will delete my post when you have added the extra information, thanks Mike / Speedy
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by mezoo View Post
              I would like to propose two requests for the web page filter :

1. Currently it is possible to filter by airline, would it be possible to have a filter which shows all aircraft belonging to a specific alliance ?
              (i.e. OneWorld, Skyteam, Star Alliance,...)
              Currently this could be done by adding the airlines one by one. This which is rather error prone and would have to be redone each time.
              I know it will be impossible to get all the flights correct but just a filter to show all aircraft belonging to the airlines of the choosen alliance.

2. MLAT and MLAT2 is now buried in the long list of feeders.
              Could there be a seperate button to switch an MLAT only view on/off ?

mezoo
              With the premium account you can bookmark any combination of filters/settings/locations.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
                Its nice as feeder to see if your track data is being used, I personally am not bothered if it is or isn't as I know I am helping by contributing either way.

At the moment you can only filter by radars that are being used sometimes the list is long and its hard to find your station if its there at all.

My feature request is for radar filter option:

If by being signed in and you are registered as a feeder that your radar code is always at the top of the list of radar codes even if it isn't being used or somewhere on the page that pops up to select the codes to filter. So I could very quickly see if my feed is being used without searching for it.

Hopefully you get what I mean.
                I should like the ability to type the radar code to filter on, rather than selecting it from a long almost unsorted pick list ... this would probably simplify the web page too since the list would not need to be generated.

This would also allow us to enter the code for a radar that is not currently shown on the FR24 web page.
                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-01-13, 07:27.

Comment

Thanks for the info - I didn't know that filter settings (e.g. MLAT) can be saved as a bookmark.
                  Thats solved

But I was mistaken there is no filter type to filter by airline only by aircraft type or registration.
                  Is there a way to shown all aircraft from an airline ?

mezoo

Comment

Originally posted by mezoo View Post
                    Thanks for the info - I didn't know that filter settings (e.g. MLAT) can be saved as a bookmark.
                    Thats solved

But I was mistaken there is no filter type to filter by airline only by aircraft type or registration.
                    Is there a way to shown all aircraft from an airline ?

mezoo
                    You can set a 'Filter' in 'Callsign' examples BAW / CPA / SAS

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                      You can set a 'Filter' in 'Callsign' examples BAW / CPA / SAS
                      Are multiple callsign filters possible (eg for BAW and SAS)? If so what is the syntax used? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by navi View Post
                        Are multiple callsign filters possible (eg for BAW and SAS)? If so what is the syntax used? Thanks.
                        The system only allows one Callsign to be used, if you add two they cancel each other out.

You could try this option, all live Flights for each Airline are shown these pages.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Or open two Maps with different filters.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                          X