MLAT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT Question

Are all feeders contributing to MLAT posistions or is it just the FR24 (supplied) stations doing MLAT feeding.

I only ask as I am running a radarcape that does have GPS attached so my timestamps are good, would I be contributing as T-XXXXX feeder?

Purely curious.
    T-EGLF8

Just the F- supplied (black box dual antenna) Receivers which have GPS onboard.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I think I just answered my own question typical, from the radarcape wiki, that is if I understood it right.

'Multilateration

For enhanced multilateration, the Radarcape is equipped with a GPS synchronized clock with an accuracy in the nanosecond level. This is completly processed in the FPGA without any influence through the Linux system.

Currently the Radarcape does not provide Multilateration by itself but requires second level software. However, an internal solution is under development and might be presented soon.
      So either Flightradar24 servers are the second level software that do the calcs or the fr24 boxes have much different software/firmware running than the radarcapes.
      Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-01-05, 20:24.
      T-EGLF8

Comment

Guether should be able to provide an update of Radarcape software with FR24 MLAT capability any week now.

Comment

ah excellent, thanks for the reply.
          T-EGLF8

Comment

Sorry mybad, I overlooked you actually had a Radarcape already Indeed, I also monitor the beast message group and the latest test release a few people have tried does include FR24 features.

Not sure if its Mlat update specific however, but come out in Dec 26

Solved issues:
            - The frame timestamps are now solely taken from GPS time when GPS is available. Embedded FR24 feeder will work only when GPS is available. In case that no GPS is available, CPU time will be taken with all uncertainities.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
            X